Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Spirituality - Zeitgeist/ The zeitgeist movement NEEDS TO BE WATCHED BY EVERYONE
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Zeitgeist/ The zeitgeist movement NEEDS TO BE WATCHED BY EVERYONE

R2D2
Inactive User

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 13, 2009 08:25
interesting propaganda film.
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 3, 2010 13:01
I thought the original movie was very childish, one sided and unscientific, and of course very very Americanized.

I think the addendum is more interesting. I think that they expose the inherent failure in the profit based economic model we live in and show it in a simple logical and very clear way (though they attribute it to something which is irrelevant- debt). I also think that they expose the interest holders and how they work. I totally agree with their view on American/Corporate international behaviour and tactics as spread through their financed international organizations like the WTO. I also share their basic distrust of capitalist democracy, though do not agree to their suggested solution of ignoring it. I also agree that there is a need of a radical change in thinking regarding how we manage the world, and I like the way that guy from the venus project tries to radically change our perspective on things.

Still it is very simplistic and one sided, and very very Americanized. Also it really fails in doing more then identifying problems in offering either very vague solutions or ones that are infinitesimal in comparison with the size of the problems they are dealing with.
On the whole I think the addendum should be watched (critically) and I recommend it. I would skip the original, though.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : May 3, 2010 13:10
Quote:

On 2010-05-03 13:01, shahar wrote:
I thought the original movie was very childish, one sided and unscientific, and of course very very Americanized.

I think the addendum is more interesting. I think that they expose the inherent failure in the profit based economic model we live in and show it in a simple logical and very clear way (though they attribute it to something which is irrelevant- debt). I also think that they expose the interest holders and how they work. I totally agree with their view on American/Corporate international behaviour and tactics as spread through their financed international organizations like the WTO. I also share their basic distrust of capitalist democracy, though do not agree to their suggested solution of ignoring it. I also agree that there is a need of a radical change in thinking regarding how we manage the world, and I like the way that guy from the venus project tries to radically change our perspective on things.

Still it is very simplistic and one sided, and very very Americanized. Also it really fails in doing more then identifying problems in offering either very vague solutions or ones that are infinitesimal in comparison with the size of the problems they are dealing with.
On the whole I think the addendum should be watched (critically) and I recommend it. I would skip the original, though.

+1           https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Trance Forum » » Forum  Spirituality - Zeitgeist/ The zeitgeist movement NEEDS TO BE WATCHED BY EVERYONE
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance