Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Do Devil Worshipping belong in this scene?

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Do Devil Worshipping belong in this scene?

HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 12:27
I know there's a debate going on about dark music but i like to make that debate more specific and discuss the "religion" and intension behind the music that come from artist that seem to have something going on with devil/demon worshipping.

I see more and more bands arrive with track titles like:

Hell Raver
Circus of Terror
Sadistic Intence
South of Hell

and so on...

Now I am a believer of that our scene should make room for all kind of people no matter who they and what religion they have but personally I think the limit has been reached here.

No one can deny that our scene was build on total different values and NOT on dark devil worshipping!

I dont know the people personally behind the music and maybe they are not into devil worshipping but I do have my suspicions that they are attracted to the devil and darkness. Why else all this dark evilness in the track titles, samples and music?

Personally I would like to see the music and the people behind it go back to where they came from. The Goth and Dark metal Rock scene where this kind of music and attitude in my opinion fit much much better. But as i said that's my opinion as someone that have been a part of this scene since 1992 and never would have got into the scene if it had been about the Devil, Demons and dark worshipping.

So my layout for this debate is:

Is it just a trend and nothing really serious or are those people behind the music really into satanism and if they are into satanism do they really belong in this scene?

Discuss.
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 13:37
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 13:30, nolightatend wrote:
HandA psytrance was always releated to aliens, so now it is releated to satan. Well satan, aliens and Terence Makenna. For me it is the same, i like music about psy and not P.L.U.R. druged shite you use to say but act else in real life.

These ppl are not into satanism they just try to create new style because they had enough of fullon. Because retard Djs were playing morning music at night. So they decided to fight and no to leave the scene like someone.

If you produce a track and name it "Cityrain" does it mean you work as metheorologist ?

Your comment about my track "Cityrain" dont really stand simply because it's one track title about weather and my next tracks will have very different titles whearas all their track titles are about dark matters like The Devil ect.

If they aren't into satanism or at least are fasinated and attracted to satanism then how come they over and over again come up with these track titles and dont seem to use any other references in their music?
olowanpi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 14:20
where do you live

man check the scene out its the same like allways
check back the 60s first everything was love peace and crazyness then the music got more specialized and kinda split up in different genres
we have reached the point when black sabbath and Deep Purple arrived
nothing to worry about anyway this whole dark thing is so funny as i mention in topic about raja ram
the real darkness never comes so open its allways covered by something nice and light

anyway if the devil would exist he would be one of my best friends but he if you get back in history the devil was invented as a bad guy from the christians (in the council in nicae around 300 ad)

fuck and i thought i dont live in a superstitious world anymore or do we really need a bad guy to blame everything on him and be not responsible for what we are doing

i dont know            DROPOUT PRODUCTIONS
Kitnam
Mantik

Started Topics :  110
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 15:15
I love dark music! but a lot of the so called dark trax of today are realy crap in my eyes. there are just a few good producers producing dark trance. the other stuff i dont take seriously, and i even think that such a thing like "satanistic trance" has nothing to do with dark trance and completly misses the point. dark means not to be ugly and bad and satanistic. dark trance means that the dancer is able to leave his inner dark emotions while moving. the intention is reaching the point where his soul is rebalanced through dancing and enters the state of harmony. positive and negative fits with eacxh other in harmony.

i dont know this trax you mentioned, but i can imagine how they sound like. the names even says that the creators misunderstood something.
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 15:52
This tracks are very good!            Signature
TRapp
Inactive User

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 15:53
satan worshipping has nothing to do with our scene, and i think tracks that allude to such also dont have a place within the scene, but i do think the scene musically should have a dark side, that of, music with darker emotion , etc,....u know what i mean...because with light there will always be dark,..equilibrium balance etc, but handa i agree with you, ....

.,....Little shitfucks making tracks for the devil can fuck off...

hahahaa

laters           I dont do the drugs....I AM the drugs
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 15:54
please stay within the topic question!
phobium
Phobium

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 15:56
I think people are sick and tired of all that "plur hippie hug a tree aliens love us don't eat animals" stuff, so to answer your question : I think it's just a trend.
If those people really were into satan-worshipping they've chosen the wrong kind of music to express their belifs. I mean, it's electronic dance music without lyrics. I don't think a distorted saw synth with lfo says "go suck satans cock!", just as a 303 line never said "love everyone!"           ________________________
www.phobium.net
http://phobium.bandcamp.com/

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 15:59

In general I think is is just a bit of fun. Maybe a bit juvenile but non the less harmless. Its like heavy metal. Go to a heavy metal concert or festival. Despite the t-shirts people wear (with deamons, torturing etc), they are usualy a happy bunch with big smiles on their faces and as friendly as any psytrancer.

There are of course exceptions. Some people really have a problem and have negative intentions but that isn't dependant on the music they listen to. You can listen to happy pop music and be a serial murderer. You can also be a death metal fan and work as a social worker. (I know a few ).

UnderTow

HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 16:02
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 15:56, phobium wrote:
I think people are sick and tired of all that "plur hippie hug a tree aliens love us don't eat animals" stuff, so to answer your question : I think it's just a trend.
If those people really were into satan-worshipping they've chosen the wrong kind of music to express their belifs. I mean, it's electronic dance music without lyrics. I don't think a distorted saw synth with lfo says "go suck satans cock!", just as a 303 line never said "love everyone!"

I dont think some of you really got my point. I am not talking about the music itself (except for the "evil" samples) but the track titles who undoubtly seem to be about satanic, demonic issues. I still dont get the idea of "rebelling" with satan and demons. But maybe your right. maybe it's just a trend. But nevertheless a very ugly trend in my opinion.. And I am still not convinced that those artists are just rebelling. But I am not talking about the music.. ONLY the track titles and the message they send out.
phobium
Phobium

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 16:04
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 16:02, HandA wrote:
But nevertheless a very ugly trend in my opinion.. And I am still not convinced that those artists are just rebelling. But I am not talking about the music.. ONLY the track titles and the message they send out.

Sounds like you're getting old ... (no offence)           ________________________
www.phobium.net

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 16:08
I like the names. They are cool.
           Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 16:10
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 16:04, phobium wrote:
Sounds like you're getting old ... (no offence)

This got nothing to do with age. But all to do with common sense and a sense of what's good for the scene and not. And again I am not talking about the music itself. In my opinion dark music got nothng to do with satanism per se. dark music could just as well be deep and trippy. Hope that's clear now.
But I dont think demons and devils are the right thing for this scene.. what would be the next thing? Backdrops with pentagrams, hexagrams and evil demon faces? And parties where we would go to be scared and educated about the evils side of life? I dont think so! This is not the way to go!
EYB
Noized

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 16:15
I think it is competition who gets darker and more evilish sounds and names.

If u hear the name 'South of hell' you expect a 'dark killer' track. So if u produce such a track u need a name that fits and maybe best shows 'this track is a dark killer track'. U can't name it 'sunshine morning walk'            Signature
phobium
Phobium

Posted : Jun 25, 2005 16:15
I see your point but I don't agree.
Let's turn it around a bit ... is it any better with all the glorification of drugs within this scene? There are a lot of tracknames and samples that glorify drugs.
Too me it's just names.           ________________________
www.phobium.net

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance