Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - how did you become a trancer?

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

how did you become a trancer?

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : May 12, 2003 20:31
i'm not sure wheter this has been discussed before..

anyways.. how were you converted?

to me the first steps into electronic music were jamiroquais' albums.. then fatboy slim's - you've come a long way baby and prodigy's fat of the land followed..

at that time some trance was played at parties at my friends houses.. i guess it was mainly hallucinogen and infeted mushroom that was playing.. i didn't really like it that much.. found it kinda lame actually..

then someday.. i heard the sst - kumharas album.. it was so fucking fabulous.. a few months later i discovered shpongle.. i was there =)           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 12, 2003 20:48
shiva came and gave me lsd, i was converted.
          Believe your soul !
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 12, 2003 20:51
what a great contribution to the thread..

so what you are saying is that shiva, the hindu god appeared to you and gave you lsd, and then suddenly you liked trance?

so what you are saying is that with out lsd you don't like trance? you need lsd to like trance? you don't approciate the music much do you?           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
I.D.a.N
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : May 12, 2003 20:55
I was 12, the year of 95', bought "trance mix 5" and it made the life of my neigbores at "Qiryat Ata, Israel" a living hell (until I moved).

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 12, 2003 20:56
why did you buy the cd? just compulsive decision?           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : May 12, 2003 20:57
I came to trance from the world of heavy metal/hard rock guitar sounds. I always liked structured trance like riffs and such in those genres... i also liked the fact that music was the main part and not always the lyrics. I always listened to cheesier stuff like i remember having Technokid/Technohead tapes back in 1990-91... always liked the fact that electronic music speaks for itself rather then having lyrics again. I heard some stuff (i was young) here and there, like Astral and MFG but never really was into it. In 1996 i bought a cd called "A Voyage into Trance" from Dragonfly rec. mixed by Danny Rampling (I dont even know who that is).. i bought this as a gift for my cousin and he didnt want it and i kept it, didnt listen to it until maybe a month later, first track is Hallucinogen - LSD! i never looked back since... that cd is still in my possesion today, (a bit scratched) it has Doof and MWNN and Zodiac Youth and other great names... i loved the madness, it was what i was looking for: organized chaos! it tickled me in a way that nothing did musically before, and im really into lots of kinds of other music, needless to say that from that good base, only good things emerged.
ps. im really happy never to come from the house/club scene into this!          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
pr0fane

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 12, 2003 21:03
When I was a kid I liked some of the more electronic mainstream pop releases like Pet Shop Boys (don't laugh, I still like 'em actually ) and the likes.

In the beginning of the 90's i started listening to stuff like The Prodigy, and my uncle introduced me to some of the old releases by Kraftwerk and Jean Michel Jarre.

My first introduction to Psychedelic Trance (or Goa) was back in 1996 or 1997, when a friend bought one of the popular Destination Goa compilations (number 3 if I remember correctly), with tracks by Shakta, Ubar Tmar, UX, Astral Projection etc.

In the following months I bought a few compilations and albums, but lost some of my interest for a couple of years.

I think my first psychedelic trance party was back in 1999 (only 16 or 17 years old), and since then my interest has grown - especially in the last year           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 12, 2003 21:08
Quote:

On 2003-05-12 20:51, traveller wrote:

you need lsd to like trance? you don't approciate the music much do you?

i never listen to trance before i take 1200 micrograms.           Believe your soul !
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : May 12, 2003 22:02
Interesting story there..
I used to Hate trance. i abomished the people and the music, cause i thought it was too simplistic a music, and, yes, the people factor also made the distance greater - shimonim, to put it mildly. those were the people who kept on beating the living crap out of me in elementry and even highschool, and that was their theme for the beat up - eyal barkan and the likes. so i stuck to rock for quite a long time. than the army came along, and a friend gave me Juan's CD, spiritual healing. i thought it was very, very musical and deep. i wasn't hooked instantly, but the intrest formed. a couple of years later, i fell for a woman (who, btw, broke my heart into tiny bits, jumped on it a bit and made a herring of it), who told me, upon me telling her i hate trance, that i havent been listening to the proper kind of trance. so one night she introduced me to Infected mushroom, Union jack and MFG (with some tim schuldt, to satisfy my metal soul). and there you have it. i was hooked.           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
Silent Scream
Silent Scream

Started Topics :  55
Posted : May 12, 2003 22:28
just heard in a friend house
Jorg - Power Of Celtic
than i discoverd
The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing
and than my life changed
          www.myspace.com/silentscreamuzic]
www.myspace.com/tacticrec[/b]
ShivaS
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  51
Posted : May 12, 2003 22:42
yeah nice topic, lost in old forum fields

psy. vibes 2 - 1st track - Juan - Spiritual Healing
and then whole album of Shiva Space tech. with the remix.
then lot of california sunshine and astral
and it was about time to start isratrance;)
          I may rise, but I won't shine ...
VertigOA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : May 12, 2003 22:48
I was into union jack - compuslvily bought a psytrance album.

One night while starting to come down off strong LSD, I put the cd in to relax. Hehe, it brought me to another world. I was hooked.
There's no way to describe psytrance on acid - it's doesnt get any better.           no sig
Vibe Tribe
Vibe Tribe

Started Topics :  82
Posted : May 12, 2003 23:31
my first trance muzik was Trance Mix 3 compataiton. i haved it on a tape not eaven a cd..

i think it was 93' or 94'....
i was like 9 years old hehhee or less??
today 2003 im 18 so at that time i was around 9 or 8 years old.... what a nice muzik for a little kid hehehe..... also befor that i listend to prodigy befor... my old brother listend to prodigy in the car so i take and record 2 myslef it hehehe and i was coming to school with walkman cates player and listen to it while all other kids listend to pop shit hehehe.... some ppl thuoght im wierd or crazy... in 6th grade i was listing to simon, cosmosis,.... than i didnt know who write it but i liked the muzik.. didnt care who made it ....

thats my story!

aa and if u ask how the trance mix 3 tape fald in to my hands... so i comed to some record shop and asked the seler for prodigy and he told me that all sold and oferd me some tape with other electonic muzik... that was the trance mix 3 compalation.. and now im dieing to get it but cant find!
          www.myspace.com/vibetribestudio
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : May 13, 2003 00:52
i was converted 5 years ago, in a schoolscamp..the leaders of the snowboarding class introduced me into it...i cant remember my first psy cd ..:-( but the first tapes i took from a market in london....they changed my life he he.
that was at the age of 11/12...before i listened different styles of techno, and mostly swiss commercial trance, which wasnt that commercial at that time tho. and also much heavy metal and old 70's records my father gave me..cheers

Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
I.D.a.N
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : May 13, 2003 01:07
Why did I buy the cd?

Some of my cousin's tapes, one friday night at the local mini teen (12-16) club, and I got hooked.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - how did you become a trancer?

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance