Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibrasphere - Archipelago (MPDQX/Digital Structures, April 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vibrasphere - Archipelago (MPDQX/Digital Structures, April 2006)

longo.sf

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 16, 2006 10:42
music to hear while slowly weaking up!
liked your review bro'but in my opinion tierra azul it's the treasure on this album!the most uplifting track.so sweet and beautiful..seven days to daylight is amazing too!
Psy2k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 17, 2006 13:47
Great album! Great sound production, great beats... Digital Structures and vibrasphere proved again their high quality standards. The cd cover is great also! If you like prog style check this one! If you dont like prog style check this one and you will like it from now on for sure!!!           In This World Have Your Own Bpm...
Paladin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 18, 2006 18:13
One word is all that is needed.....

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Robert & Rickard!!

Can't wait for the downtempo release!!!           If you point your cart North,
when you want to go South,
How will you find The Way?
----Ryokan----
pinkfairy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 07:40
guys i have to get back to this subject for say how this album is beautifull and perfect,saying the truth is the first time i heard something from vibrasphere and i just had a big Flash for this music
i love it so much
my fav:2,5,6,7,8,9
and i can't wait the rythm of peace for see the live act....

again really really really beautifull album guys!!!!

Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 01:08
Artist: Vibrasphere
Album: Archipelago
Label: Digital Structures
WEB: http://mpdqx.com/ds & http://www.vibrasphere.com
CAT: DIGCD018
SE.net: http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/252/2/

01 - Tierra Azul [144]
02 - Sweet September [135]
03 - Reservoir [136]
04 - Landmark [138]
05 - Seven Days to Daylight [140]
06 - Morning Breeze [138]
07 - Sudden Comfort [135]
08 - Baltic Resonance [126]
09 - Late Winter Storms [140]

It was one random weekend of sporadic peregrination to the infamous Camden Town in London that I decided to stop by Mecca –yes, I’m talking about Psychedelic Dream Temple- to refuel my ever growing stack of psy. From my visit, I somehow ended talking home Lime Structure from some Vibrasphere guy. The CD gathered dust for a few days as I devoured new full on tunes that over the last couple of years had phased out my beloved Platipus. The following Monday armed with new batteries for the Discman, I decided to bring it along. Now, some people will argue it was the foggy head (I blaming my headphones) but music had never sounded more appropriate for a sunny day, which I believe was summer but only the wind knows for sure now. As time passed endless week-ender sessions turned into a trend and Vibrasphere got played until the scratches removed all Structure from the plastic, sparing only the Lime bit.

Next year rolls around and Vibrasphere returned to my collection with an upgrade in speed, pulling their tracks to the average 140’s with the effects-prone material increased a few notches in Echo which was released in 2000. It went down well enough, taking a more strident approach to beat manufacturing. From then on, I couldn’t help wandering how the especially thunky tracks fought to keep their undeniable melodic strand on a leash. It was still forward thinking material with impressive chilled tracks, but I still secretly yearned for a Lime Structure II on a personal basis. That’s where Archipelago the long awaited third album from Rickard and Robert comes in, filling the gap for the summer soundtrack of 2006.

( 1 ) As it is tradition now, Tierra Azul starts warming up things with down-tempo in the order of bare piano lines, electric dub bass by Carlos Rada and the most compelling acoustic guitar ensemble in this side of our musical world. I think their aptitude as chill producers with a dub spice easily stands the test of time, setting the benchmark and this the proof. *

( 2 ) Sweet September tenderly gashes silence with a triumphant return to cuddly lines and warm, spacious beats that invite motion to action but remain equally pleasant if your affair extends to sofa surfing. The rhythmic interaction and articulate musical inclinations work loverly, even if the theme feels like revision of old-school epic trance for the progressive circles. I can slide through the content with a faint smile in reminder of past times.

( 3 ) Reservoir scintillates sparkles of the Lime Structure days at its best and the mastering by Son Kite allows the paced groove to permeate warmly through the undertones with that too-cool-for-school attitude, and they know it. *

( 4 ) Landmark allows two minutes of beat-less transition to start things smoothly in a crescendo of rhythmic artifacts, with the sole purpose of building an intricate master groove. The main lead comes in later traversing thorough the breaks only to keep the tune flowing. *

( 5 ) Seven Days to Daylight is presumably the ‘night’ time flicker with the right amount of meditative sustenance good hypnotic trance carries inherently, supplementing the strong melodic backbone of piano progressions & the heart-aching catchy lines you could swear have been stashed in your head all along. Try it with your copy of Lost Entertainment, it might render something fruitful. *

( 6 ) Morning Breeze assumes you been havin’ it ALL night long in a non-stop debauchery of saucy, gritty beats and as consequence a strong tribal-esque rhythm is vital… if you intend on keeping your toes moving, pretending that uncoordinated jumble of arms and legs is what people normally refer to as ‘dancing’. The track infects even the weariest of energizer bunnies, sliding as minimal material before the syrupy arpeggio closes with a golden lock. *

( 7 ) Sudden Comfort brings things back to that reserved coolness, chemically implanting serotonin in the form of fractured pulsations coming from every angle, reinforcing the situation with a soothing voice: “It’s gonna be alright.” So let it be then. I thoroughly enjoy the beginning, but I’m not mystified by the content all the way through.

( 8 ) Baltic Resonance is the crossover track, hinting the upbeat business is coming to an end and the idea is to connect both ends before the chill out takes over. For that purpose the track is ideal, offering new concepts previously unheard by this duo, but I jdon’t know if it's meant to be main room material, or something for the chill out corner. It doesn’t seem to fit in either one innately, but is probably more appropriate for waning down with convoluted breaks. Good for originality, a little challenging for the live entertainers.

( 9 ) Late Winter Storms tricks the senses by walking right into the crunchiest snow slide begging for the headphone treatment. This time the dub slices have been disguised better in the electronic influences and I don’t need to tell you how well it works. It took a couple of listens to realize not all chill-out from these two needs to sound like “All Green Seasons” which remained in my player for longer than I care to remember, the surprise? This one might just be better in the end. *

By now, chances are you probably heard Archipelago and encountered a small digression in their soothing beats and classy rhythms. The die-hard fans of Echo will digress, since all attempts at taking the music into harsher realms have been abandoned for a revival of their classic 130’s sound with amazing panache, bound to gain further converts in this trance sphere. It is truly a pleasure having Vibrasphere on our side of the musical spectrum whichever it may be.

Where to Buy

> Saiko Sounds
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5726

> Digital Structures Shop
http://www.musicdock.net/shop/show.do?id=148

> Psyshop
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dig/dig1cd018.html
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
conscious benji
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 02:09
nice review rah!
Fraktadelik

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 16:58
Quote:

On 2006-04-09 08:55, evgeny@aero-groove wrote:
Simply wonderfull album makes me remember why i liked trance in the first place...

The album takes me straight outdoors to a sunny festival somewhere out there from this sunnyless office i'm sitting in now @ work...

This is just a gret CD, get it!

Same thing here....sitting in my sunnyless office now, enjoying their optimistic music.
          See you on the Trancefloor!!
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 20, 2006 00:41
super proffesional progressive...           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
Flipo

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 23, 2006 08:10

Really beautifull albun...
Digital Strutures # 1
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jun 25, 2006 17:39
i really love their sound quality, it so perfect its hard to imagine its going to get better,

my one complaint would be that this album doesnt show me anything new from vibrasphere, i understand this is their style but i would enjoy a little bit more variation from track to track.

this album is still a must though.           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Sep 4, 2006 15:28
great music keep it coming vibrasphere           missing plug-in
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Sep 5, 2006 03:23
Vibrasphere's music is like warm, gentle summer rains and slowly floating streamers of mist floating across lush green country and glassy smooth, temperate waters...

Another great one, 9.5/10
masa hiko
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Mar 26, 2007 01:00
just heard them live, in a forest near mexico city. Amazing, and this album stands on its own. it creats very subtle and emotional vibes . thank you very much
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Mar 28, 2007 12:45
This is a nice album. It's nice to listen to. However, after a while now, I can say it didn't survive for me at all. I feel no urge of coming back to it. It's nice but not more, done well, but lacking something. Unlike the previous Vibrasphere album- it's a bit hollow- like all thing are in place, but the added value is not there.

Sweet September is the best track here for me. Tierra Azul, Reservoir & and Landmark are also nice.

The remixes album, on the other hand, is a different story- but on that soon
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 12:25
I liked this album a lot too but... i feel a sort of emptiness when i return to these tracks.

Shahar is right (time and time again)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I miss Vibra.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibrasphere - Archipelago (MPDQX/Digital Structures, April 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance