Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibrasphere - Archipelago (MPDQX/Digital Structures, April 2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vibrasphere - Archipelago (MPDQX/Digital Structures, April 2006)

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 13:05
Artist: Vibrasphere
Title: Archipelago
Label: MPDQX/Digital Structures
Format: CD (Jewelcase with 6-page inlay)
Released: April, 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/dig1cd018_b.jpg

Review:

After 3 years of waiting since their last album "Lime Structure", the Swedish duo Vibraspheres 3rd full-length album "Archipelago" is finally on the market. For me, the timing couldn't be better - after experiencing their, despite some technical difficulties, amazing liveset in the morning at my last day at the Soulclipse in Turkey, the album was available on Psyshop when I got home, and I ordered the album immediately. Vibrasphere is, to me, one of the best acts around, and alongside acts like Son Kite, Ticon and Atmos they are the forerunners of the Scandinavian progressive sound, so my expectations for the album where - to say the least - huge.

01. Tierra Azul
The album starts out slow with Tierra Azul - a dubby chillout tune in the classic Vibrasphere vein with a beautiful piano, acoustic guitars and generally a smooth, organic feel. A wonderful album-opener - not too hasty unlike too many albums these days, and fans of "Manzanilla" will most likely love this lovely, optimistic opening tune.

02. Sweet September [135 BPM]
After a stunningly beautiful intro with sweet female choir-pads, "Sweet September" slowly but steadily gets the party started. The first trance tune on the album, is laidback and beautiful, and the atmosphere is uplifting but still with incredible depth. The melodies are gentle and soothing, and the groove is really attractive. A very enjoyable track that sets the standard for the following tracks.

03. Reservoir [136 BPM]
Next up is "Reservoir", which was recently remixed by Antix on the great "Landmark" single. The track starts with the sound of rain pouring down, and generally the atmosphere is quite suitable for rainy days - melodic and shifting back and forth between the melancholic and the positively uplifting. Another track with exceptional high sound quality, although one of the more anonymous on the album.

04. Landmark [138 BPM]
"Landmark", the title-track for the album-teaser cd-single, kicks the tempo up a notch and takes the album to the next level. It is perhaps one of the strongest and most dance floor oriented tracks Vibrasphere have ever created, and it's simply an extraordinary listen - melodic, epic and downright outstanding. Definitely an anthem-tune for the upcoming summer festivals.

05. Seven Days To Daylight [140 BPM]
As if "Landmark" wasn't melodic enough, the Vibrasphere guys take the album one step further with "Seven Days To Daylight". The melodies are deep and emotional, but still amazingly simple, naïve and sounds like they are clearly inspired by Jean Michel Jarre. Psytrance purists may find this too cheesy, but to me this is excellent optimistic trance, and in my opinion one of the best tunes released so far this year. Superb.

06. Morning Breeze [138 BPM]
The groove in "Morning Breeze" maintains the intensity from the previous 2 tracks, although with a slightly more techy edge. Generally the track is also a bit more subtle - the melodies aren't as in-your-face and instantly likeable as in the previous 2 tracks, but overall this is yet another great track. Morning goodies.

07. Sudden Comfort [135 BPM]
The last dancefloor track, "Sudden Comfort", move the album into a lower, more laidback gear. The "It's gonna be alright" male vocal-sample is gentle and soothing, and the track generally sounds like it's the oldest of the dancefloor tracks on the album - it's definitely the closest to the sound on "Lime Structure". This is still a very fine track though, and a wonderful ending for the dancefloor section on the album.

08. Baltic Resonance [126 BPM]
"Baltic Resonance" is, to my knowledge, Vibraspheres first charter into breaks-territory, and the result is pretty good. This is downbeat breaks for the chillout with Vibrasphere-trademark pads and huge atmospheric effects - an interesting track, although I don't consider it among their very best downbeat productions.

09. Late Winter Storms
Last but not least is another chillout track, "Late Winter Storms". Like the title suggest, the mood is rather cold, and this is the most relaxed track on the album, but in my opinion also the weakest. It is by no means bad, but by no means does it leave a big impression as the rest of the album either - a fairly good chillout tune that doesn't really stand out, but a quite pleasant ending for the album.

Bottom line:

Like expected, this is another wonderful album from Digital Structures and Vibrasphere. Psychedelic trance purists should probably stay clear of the album, as this is some of the cleanest, smoothest and well-produced morning trance on the market today, but I personally love the sound. It's deep, engaging and very atmospheric, embellished by some splendid, highly uplifting larger-than-life melodies, and all dancefloor tracks are highlights in their own right. A must-have for morning DJ's and listeners alike, and it is definitely up there with "Lime Structure" - although faster and more straing-to-the-point.

I consider this the cream of the crop of Scandinavian trance 2006, and it's definitely one of the essential releases this year.

Favourites:

1, 2 (!), 3, 4(!!), 5 (!!!), 6 (!), 7

Verdict:

9,5/10

Links:

MPDQX/Digital Structures: http://www.mpdqx.com/ds
Vibrasphere: http://www.vibrasphere.com          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 16:01
This was the first album I bought in digital format, through the digital structures store. I thought of buying the cd, but I was a little bit undecided about this one after hearing the samples, so I chose to get it first this way.

After a few listens I can tell it is a good album, with fine moments but overall don't find it so good as pr0fane did. It is undoubtelly very well produced and the sound is crystal clear, at least in 320kbs mp3 The tracks that I like the most are Landmark, Morning Breeze and Reservoir (this one not an anonymous track, but one of the best, imho). The chill tracks are also enjoyable, exception made to Baltic Ressonance, but hey, I'm not a breaks lover. As for the rest I guess they are ok tracks, but not really to my taste. Sweet september to fluffy and mellow, Sudden Comfort also on the same notes and finally, a track that has huge potential but that is ruined, at least for me, with a cheesy little melody line (you were right on this one pr0fane, except I'm no trance purist, far from that).

I really enjoyed some of the tracks here, others I know I will just skipp in future listens. Overall a good effort by Vibrasphere. I'm sure others will like this one much more than I do.
Ben-G

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 17:28
Great review profane.

I'm not much into prog, but when it comes to vibrasphere it's different...

Great album, the 1st track really gets you into the mood (even though its more chill-out) and you know you can expect great music from the rest of the album.
I love all the tracks, each 1 has its own unique feeling, but imo its more of an 'each track' album then to look at it as a whole, unlike other albums where you feel the continuity of the album, each track leading to the next...

Great album, full respect to Vibrasphere, keeping their quality music.

9/10
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 17:32
Nice album, but I need few more times to get into it.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 17:42
well done
Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Apr 8, 2006 22:31
One thing could be said about the CD - a must.

Adding some more: absolute joy, the sound I've been missing since the 2nd album, did not, in any way fail the expectations, trade-mark Vibrapshere sounds, on of the best releases around.

In spite of having Spring around, this is a cold Winter album, I don't know how to express myself more correct, but Vibrapshere music was always very visual and geogrpaphic for me, same here.
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Apr 9, 2006 06:30
respect for putting the preview of the full album online (2hands)
i barely ever buy trance cd's anymore, and probably wouldnt have bought this if i didnt hear the full tracks on 2hands           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
evgeny@aero-groove
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  166
Posted : Apr 9, 2006 08:55
Simply wonderfull album makes me remember why i liked trance in the first place...

The album takes me straight outdoors to a sunny festival somewhere out there from this sunnyless office i'm sitting in now @ work...

This is just a gret CD, get it!
          http://www.aero-groove.com
http://www.facebook.com/aerogroovemusic
http://twitter.com/aero_groove
ZENLINK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 9, 2006 09:45
Great return from the boys..and of course sublimely good selling album....
Always Vibrasphere creat sublimely perspicuous vibes...
          "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception".

Albert Einstein, speaking about his theory of relativity.

www.myspace.com/zenlink
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Apr 9, 2006 11:33
this album reminds me why i love vibrasphere so much all of this years..
amazing album !! just like how music should sound..crystal sound and great production
very good work from vibrasphere!! hope to hear some more new tracks as soon as possible

Cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
moses
Moses / Loopiter / Bufo

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 9, 2006 21:59
nice review!
this release is sooo beautyful and well produced!!

BUY IT NOW

http://soundcloud.com/moses-muggi-dane
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Apr 10, 2006 00:09
A bit boring release imo.. not worth my money           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Ben P

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 10, 2006 09:31
great album

i exepted nothing less form Vibrasphere and Digital Structures!
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Apr 11, 2006 08:25
jus got it yesterday

it's a kind of album i wud wanna listen gettn up in the mornin n 'morning breeze' gives u the 'sudden comfort'

bought a trance album after a loooonng time n it's worth all the money

peace           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
rumble pack / motion drive
Rumble Pack

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Apr 11, 2006 12:27
wow...what a album

nice review by profane...exactly my thoughts he has..hehe
DS is really showing that they are the leading Label in this genre...they are just blasting non stop with essencial Albums...Son Kite, Jaia, Ticon and now Vibrasphere...its incredible

This album is really a huuuuuge journey thrue a dreamy atmospheric world. As profane pointet out, its more direct in the grooves and kiks as the older stuff. This makes it really huge...with those deep atmospheres and melodies combined with a huge baseline and kiks...

my fav. 1, 3!!, 4, 5!!, 6!!, 7

thx DS for delivering only timeless and so great music!           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
http://www.myspace.com/rumblepacknaturalflowmotiondrive
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibrasphere - Archipelago (MPDQX/Digital Structures, April 2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance