Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Equipment - The Mother Of All Studio Monitor Threads
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Mother Of All Studio Monitor Threads

orange
Fat Data

Started Topics :  154
Posts :  3918
Posted : Nov 22, 2006 10:54
in future music magazine they did a blind test roundup with many monitors in different prices!

they where adam a7 and dynaudio bm5a in 1 blind test and all judges favored the dynaudios and not the adams despite the bm5a very small power! and yes i can tell u that bm5a doesnt have much power to offer they are maxed out very easely the adams where more powerful but not better even some krk where better!


orange           http://www.landmark-recordings.com/
http://soundcloud.com/kymamusic
Adrenal Mode
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posts :  308
Posted : Nov 22, 2006 19:10
atropa, its all depend, you can't sey that bm5 is better then the Adams cuz evry monitor has different spec..
and guy that know how those spec effecting the monitor will tell you different thing...

you need it for trance and he need it for other kind of music, you see my point? its all about your needs (room, acoustics and ofcoruce if its sound good for you)

psydraulix
Alien Zed

Started Topics :  23
Posts :  52
Posted : Nov 24, 2006 07:32
I will buy the BM5a's, I can't wait to pick them up and I will post my review when I do.           Peace Love Unity:
Respect.
pilgrim
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posts :  218
Posted : Nov 24, 2006 16:07
I have BM5a's and I'm very happy with them...

the only thing mentioned already: the are maxed out easy (50W),

so if you've the possibility to listen loud in your studio, or its a bigger room, go for bigger ones (bm6 for example)

i'm shure adam is also nice and if you've plenty of money check
the pcm-monitors, which got the best results in the magazines i read (and i read them a lot...nice for a good toilet-experience)

http://www.pmcloudspeaker.com/db1sa.html


PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posts :  8087
Posted : Nov 24, 2006 19:31
what do you think is the best,bm5a with the bm sub or bm6a?it s the same price ,should be intersting to compare them in a small /medium room.
UnderTow


Started Topics :  9
Posts :  1448
Posted : Dec 1, 2006 22:28
Quote:

On 2006-11-22 10:54, orange-atropa wrote:
in future music magazine they did a blind test roundup with many monitors in different prices!



First up Futurre Music isn't really much of an authority. I wouldn't put too much weight on what you read in that mag.

Quote:

they where adam a7 and dynaudio bm5a in 1 blind test and all judges favored the dynaudios and not the adams despite the bm5a very small power! and yes i can tell u that bm5a doesnt have much power to offer they are maxed out very easely the adams where more powerful but not better even some krk where better!



One thing to keep in mind is that Adam monitors have quite a narrow sweet spot. That is one of their advantages in some rooms but it also means that a panel of listeners can't all be in the sweet spot at the same time. Not to mention that a cleaner bass (if it is cleaner of course) can give the percpetion of less bass on the short term.

I'm not saying that the Adam A7's are better than the Dynaudio's (I havn't heard them) but
I would take such reviews with a large grain of salt.

UnderTow
Get-a-fix
Getafix

Started Topics :  147
Posts :  1441
Posted : Dec 2, 2006 00:12
^^
What he said..
          http://www.soundcloud.com/getafixmusic
other_reality
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posts :  365
Posted : Dec 2, 2006 05:40
I'm planning to go for the KRK's. I have a small room in the upper floor of my house, (actually, it's tiny), and i'm gonna make it a home studio (finally, I just had to do it someday). Since the budget is small,(have to pay for doors and windows as well, let alone paintings and stuff) i'm going for the 5'ers. Do you think it's worth it, or really go for the 6's. Mind you, the place is small, so ...

          Bring yourselves into the light

www.youtube.com/otherreality
parapsyched
Scratch 22

Started Topics :  72
Posts :  548
Posted : Dec 2, 2006 07:44
ok... any comments on the air6 by dynaudio?
          if u dig deep enough u just might reach the sky...

"dream is destiny"

http://www.scratch-22.com
HaKa
HaKa

Started Topics :  106
Posts :  269
Posted : Dec 2, 2006 20:47
brothers i thaught the krks were good but yesterday i blew one with my friend when we were making a track and the monitor just 3 weeks of life and blew up???? thats bullshit really

and the levels were all controled and that shit just powwwwnn!!!!           Searching for new Sounds

www.myspace.com/hakastyle
Get-a-fix
Getafix

Started Topics :  147
Posts :  1441
Posted : Dec 4, 2006 04:17
^^^
Guess the track was just too killlaarrrrggghhh for the krks!

If they're only 3 weeks old then you can probably get them replaced under warranty..Just because they're good doesn't mean they're not prone to break down..           http://www.soundcloud.com/getafixmusic
Akousma


Started Topics :  8
Posts :  69
Posted : Dec 4, 2006 09:06
bx8a bx8a bx8a bx8a bx8a bx8a
orange
Fat Data

Started Topics :  154
Posts :  3918
Posted : Dec 4, 2006 12:37
Quote:

On 2006-12-04 09:06, Akousma wrote:
bx8a bx8a bx8a bx8a bx8a bx8a




its a good monitor to start with!

but not a trusty monitor to mix on!


orange           http://www.landmark-recordings.com/
http://soundcloud.com/kymamusic
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posts :  498
Posted : Dec 5, 2006 03:05
you guys can start making music with alomost any studio monitor! more important is that you know your monitors verry well! well i guess it will never happen that a song only sounds good on one special monitor. use also for the mix another pair of cheap crap computer speakers.. when the song still sounds good over them than you are lucky! sure there is a differets between f.e. monitors around 300 euros and 2000.. but its not so big that you cant produce @ home.. for master its important to have high and speakers but for producing its more important to trust your ears and know you monitors! but always try to get the best for your bugdet!
only a other oppinion!
          http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
Vision
Inner Vision

Started Topics :  9
Posts :  134
Posted : Dec 5, 2006 17:17
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 03:05, kajola wrote:
you guys can start making music with alomost any studio monitor! more important is that you know your monitors verry well! well i guess it will never happen that a song only sounds good on one special monitor. use also for the mix another pair of cheap crap computer speakers.. when the song still sounds good over them than you are lucky! sure there is a differets between f.e. monitors around 300 euros and 2000.. but its not so big that you cant produce @ home.. for master its important to have high and speakers but for producing its more important to trust your ears and know you monitors! but always try to get the best for your bugdet!
only a other oppinion!





Exsactly,im with your opinion...
Trance Forum  Forum  Equipment - The Mother Of All Studio Monitor Threads
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2019 IsraTrance