Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America

DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 22:14
Penta is still partially based in the US, while CPU hasn't lived here in many years. doesn't mean that he shouldn't play if he happens to be in the US at the time, but I am not sure flying him out just for this festival is really necessary.

and is there going to be a call for DJ demo submission - meaning any quality control of people's recommendations? i can also recommend five or six colorado DJs who are friends of mine and are good DJs - but that doesn't mean that all of them are ready to play at a gathering of this caliber.
          ..it's just another party..
cafrine

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 12, 2006 10:40
Really too bad you guys are planning this on the same date as Eclipse festival, which is the biggest North American trance festival right now... I'm sure a lot of people that have been coming to Eclipse for the last few years would have liked this event to be on another date to be able to come.. Good luck nevertheless.
YoMy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 12, 2006 16:24
I am neither a dj nor a vj, just vi (very interested) in helping this thing take off the ground. Where were you guys planning on doing this? i'm based in philly and would love to help with promoting/helping out with anything logistical...
thank you mistresses
magellan2012
Boomslang

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 12, 2006 18:41
Right on paradigm!!! I love the progression as the night carries into day, definetly the type of line up for me.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 12, 2006 18:52
Quote:

On 2006-10-12 10:40, cafrine wrote:
Really too bad you guys are planning this on the same date as Eclipse festival, which is the biggest North American trance festival right now... I'm sure a lot of people that have been coming to Eclipse for the last few years would have liked this event to be on another date to be able to come.. Good luck nevertheless.

The AUM festival dates were announced long before the Eclipse dates for this year. I am not sure why the Eclipse organizers expect other people to work around it as though God assigned these dates for them to hold the event every year.

Besides, North America is rather large - the two events will be 2-3 thousand miles apart, so I am not sure it's such a big deal - we won't be able to hear each other even if you have a REALLY big sound system.           ..it's just another party..
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 13, 2006 05:12
Don't forget, the dates are set by the full moon and at least the beginning of the "days of the time". I also heard that somewhere in the time frame is "World Ecstasy Day" however i'm still trying to find more about that.

Perhaps we can synchronize events ala Earthdance style?

-d
mukti777
Mukti

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 13, 2006 05:33
Dean mentioned earlier in the thread the importance of carrying on such an event for more than a weekend. I have to agree, completely. This has monumental potential, so as much time spent together....well, you all know, the better! What's the word on this? The location seems to be leaning towards Colorado...true?
there are many resources we can begin drawing from if so...
Can't wait!!!!
~Mukti           "Any act, if in accordance with the Will, is an act of Magick."
metameme.org
mukti777
Mukti

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 13, 2006 05:52
On re-caping the thread, I answered my own question regarding event length...but maybe even 7 days...?           "Any act, if in accordance with the Will, is an act of Magick."
metameme.org
light_trance

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 13, 2006 18:59
I would love to help out for live video link between two festivals to virtually create the biggest ever psytrance event of North America

Quote:

On 2006-10-12 18:52, DiMiTry wrote:
Besides, North America is rather large - the two events will be 2-3 thousand miles apart, so I am not sure it's such a big deal - we won't be able to hear each other even if you have a REALLY big sound system.

FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Oct 13, 2006 21:03
great idea!!!
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 13, 2006 22:36

the festival needs international artists as well, even if only from the other Americas...a US only festival will only furthur isolate our scene...i think the festival's purpose should be to bring attention from abroad to our talent and community, not just reinforce what we already kind of know...nationalism is just silly and regressive. are there any successful examples of a domestic only festival of this magnitude? i can't think of any...it seems a little unrealistic to me. one of the special things about psytrance is that it transcends borders so well.

the second thing is, a lot of money will be needed to pull this off...realisitically i think this can only come from support from all the various organizers and label groups, with individual donations welcome of course but not relied upon...this might realistically mean all other organizers cancelling their festival plans for the season and devoting their energy and funds towards this festival...same goes for all attendees...this might have to be the only US festival you plan your summer around if we want it to REALLY work not just be another half assed result...
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Oct 13, 2006 23:05
Vapid Wrote...
"the second thing is, a lot of money will be needed to pull this off...realisitically i think this can only come from support from all the various organizers and label groups, with individual donations welcome of course but not relied upon..."

Thats what im saying I will try to organize a fundraiser comp but I need help from people to distribute it. Contact me whoever you are. Also Who is the main organizer is it M.O.E. in otherwords who does the money got to from fund raising.

Do what you can sell some cookies or something.

chuk
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 13, 2006 23:17
@DanVapid

I see your point, but tend to disagree. I don't think this festival is really designed to attract attention from abroad as much as connect the various US scenes. It's amazing how much can be accomplished by bringing the energy together - and without turning it into a commercial event.

For that reason, I don't see the need to make it really expensive by bringing international artists - and trying to attract thousands of people for the "big names". Besides, who would be responsible for getting the consensus on WHO to bring out - being that everybody likes totally different styles of music and one trancer's hero is another's fool.

I think most people will come out just for the experience, the connections, the "vibe" - how it's meant to be, imho. Those who are meant to be there will be there, and those who aren't will be at Eclipse watching the well-known commercial acts strut their stuff.

ps - besides, who said that US acts and DJs can't attract a good amount of people?           ..it's just another party..
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Oct 14, 2006 00:00
not just US right isnt canada and mexico also on the continent??
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 14, 2006 00:07
well, according to NFL, NBA, and Major League Baseball, US is the only country on Earth.
          ..it's just another party..
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance