Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Sep 29, 2006 19:23
Quasga...The Iowa guys call you their big brother everytime your name comes up. Damon and I listen to your albums all the time and spin a LOT of your music. I played 2 of your tracks in NYC, and people came up to me saying they 'know that song'. And I'm sure a lot of other are going to miss your presence when we head back to Black River Falls next month. Sorry if a few gave you a wrong impression but I think you've misjudged the situation. Promoters are far from the best judges of a set ... I've seen promoters book international acts and then not even land up at the stage to watch them play.

Of couse it eventually comes down to whether ure comfortable around these people again. And I hope you meet some this year that will change your mind about the vibe of the US scene. I've had some terrible experiences too ... but the thought of giving up makes me feel that I dont love the scene enough. I only say this because we really DO want you back because its more than good music that came with you at Sacred Earth.
David(KIVA)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Sep 29, 2006 20:29
cool thread. Id like to see this happen for the us scene. would be great for us all. good luck and Im in!

http://soundcloud.com/djkiva
nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 29, 2006 20:38
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 19:23, Yidam wrote:
Quasga...The Iowa guys call you their big brother everytime your name comes up. Damon and I listen to your albums all the time and spin a LOT of your music. I played 2 of your tracks in NYC, and people came up to me saying they 'know that song'. And I'm sure a lot of other are going to miss your presence when we head back to Black River Falls next month. Sorry if a few gave you a wrong impression but I think you've misjudged the situation. Promoters are far from the best judges of a set ... I've seen promoters book international acts and then not even land up at the stage to watch them play.

Of couse it eventually comes down to whether ure comfortable around these people again. And I hope you meet some this year that will change your mind about the vibe of the US scene. I've had some terrible experiences too ... but the thought of giving up makes me feel that I dont love the scene enough. I only say this because we really DO want you back because its more than good music that came with you at Sacred Earth.

Yes, yes, YES! Won't some of you continue to REASON with this man? Express our deepest desire to see and hear him play?!??!

I think even Quasga got all wound up by some things I've had to say, only not in the way I'd hoped.
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 1, 2006 00:04
One of the keys here is that this festival extend for more than just a weekend. I've noticed that virtually all the US festivals are "just" weekend affairs. Observing the festival facts from overseas one notices that great festivals last for 6-7-8 days, music on all the days. I think it's a good start that we have at least 4 days of music. Everyone will have a chance to play thus insuring well-balanced servings of styles. What? Are we americans too busy to spend more than a weekend dancing and sharing "vibes"?!? As a whole we certainly don't have passports!

-dean
Quasga
Inactive User

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 1, 2006 03:11
I had no intention of negatively distracting the subject of this thread. Just didn't want to see any voting for an artist that isn't respectfully choosing to play live, which would be wasting all of your time that will be put to better use in knowing this, I presume. The key is that creative output through making music and visual art is my main focus in life, has been since a kid, because it is a very necessary and spiritual part of my being. The sharing of it becomes secondary to this. Right now I have to choose what is best for me, being that I alone have to live with myself. I hope you can all understand.

Back on topic.....
Dean (Onnomon) makes a wonderful point above. The longer the event, the more time to allow the bonds of new found friends to tighten, and the extended fellowship with friends of old. Sometimes, by the end of 2-3 day event, I feel like I'm just starting to get to know the new people I've met around me. Maybe I'm personally speaking, but these events are only partially about the music.
nicksynergy

Posted : Oct 1, 2006 03:48
Quote:

On 2006-10-01 03:11, Quasga wrote:
I had no intention of negatively distracting the subject of this thread. Just didn't want to see any voting for an artist that isn't respectfully choosing to play live, which would be wasting all of your time that will be put to better use in knowing this, I presume. The key is that creative output through making music and visual art is my main focus in life, has been since a kid, because it is a very necessary and spiritual part of my being. The sharing of it becomes secondary to this. Right now I have to choose what is best for me, being that I alone have to live with myself. I hope you can all understand.

Back on topic.....
Dean (Onnomon) makes a wonderful point above. The longer the event, the more time to allow the bonds of new found friends to tighten, and the extended fellowship with friends of old. Sometimes, by the end of 2-3 day event, I feel like I'm just starting to get to know the new people I've met around me. Maybe I'm personally speaking, but these events are only partially about the music.

Excellent points here, understood all around.
robyo

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 1, 2006 04:14
I saw Androcell play at Sacred Earth and thought he was great. I too like the playing of drumpads mixed with laptop.
Please Quasga, reconsider your plans for early retirement (or whatever). Your vibes rock

I support the idea of AUM fest big time. But, are y'all really considering only having North American artists play?? Isn't that a tad too restricting? Too indicitive of the insular nature of american culture. Would be nice to get some international artists too!

Having said that, I definitely like the idea of different regions represented. Kind of a continental congress of psytrance.
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 1, 2006 04:59
I'm all for getting a few international artists to go along with the dozens of continentals.
6362MetaForce
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Oct 1, 2006 05:15
This festival is such a wonderful idea!! and we will be there in full support and stomping PoWAHHH!

Our votes go for Yidam to be included in sunset chill-out ... and DJ Fria for full-power sunrise...!!

.. and we'll look forward to hearing the many other North American artists we haven't yet had the chance to hear....!!

If it's possible to include international artists, that would be superduperfantastico!!! Suddenly we had an idea that maybe it's an opportunity to think about the Venezuelans... who are making SUCH killer sounds, but who are not yet playing much up here (as far as we know?? but then we are new on the block... ), and yet who are still part of the AMERICAS with us....

but whatever you decide, WOWWWWWW this is really something to look forward to....!!! Thanxx MOE and please let us know how we can help from this side of the country!

BOL BOM THADAK BOM

6362MetaForce :: http://www.6362MetaForce.net
SuKhush ( Altar Records ) :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuKhush-Project/196380341562
Email: info@6362MetaForce.net
nicksynergy

Posted : Oct 1, 2006 05:41
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 20:29, David(KIVA) wrote:
cool thread. Id like to see this happen for the us scene. would be great for us all. good luck and Im in!

It WILL be great for us all. I have offered my full assistance by way of volunteering and I will render my good deeds upon anyone in this crew throwing this fine event who will HAVE them. I will do everything in my power to make this event strong like a megaton bomb (of ideas, actions, positivity, happiness, and integrity).
doramey fossillotti

Posted : Oct 2, 2006 21:37
This sounds like a great idea.

IMHO, Officer Bunch should be included in this. A DJ consistantly holding it down for the Sacramento, and surrounding areas on the psy tip.

timcat

Posted : Oct 2, 2006 22:16
My nomination for a centrally located state:

COLORADO

Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 3, 2006 00:37
just to let you all know, we are listening to all of your responses and feedback, taking in your suggestions. If you have emailed us and we have not responded yet, please be patient we will get back to you
I'm feeling the excitement generating
peace!!
megan           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
glowing-dragon

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 3, 2006 00:41
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 07:33, KaiserSoze wrote:
Once these scenes are covered the remaining slots would be taken by popular vote. With balance in musical styles in mind. IE top ten dark, top ten fullon, top ten prog, top ten chill, etc

It would be nice to see VJ's be represented as well.

Well I'm still holding the fort down here in Mississippi ! ( yeah I know .. hah hah ) We have about 75-100 people that know what's up ... www.myspace.com/vortexms

and I have some sets for download @ www.glowing-dragon.com

( I should have two new live sets for download up next week too )

Sounds like an incredible Gathering !           www.glowing-dragon.com www.myspace.com/djdragon604
www.touchsamadhi.com
http://www.m2cglobal.com/dragonfuel ( Energy Mix for Mind and Body )
PsyCore

Posted : Oct 3, 2006 03:25
oh yeah. fly dragon out. he kinda needs to be there on the lineup.

or else.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance