Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America

FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 15:28
I wonder if it would turn into a "lets see who can go the longest" competition.
gayatri

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 11, 2006 02:27
FREAKS OF NATURE
MUBALI
AMANDA
XYLA
SYRINX
PAN
FRACTAL COWBOYS
AUDIOPATHIK
HORROR PLACE
DEVIC
LUSID (ANACHRONID)
KRI
LAURYN
BODHI
ARAHAT
SPOOK
WITCHDOKTA
GAYATRI
MULU
LUIS
UMBRA
CATALYX
SPACETURTLE
MIST
GLOWING DRAGON
ALIEN MENTAL
GHREG ON EARTH
PARUS
other artists/dj's NOT from san francisco!!
...AND... other artists/dj's we don't usually get to see/hear!!
Can't wait!!
BOOM!!
ohmy
Fractal Cowboys

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Nov 11, 2006 08:52
performers and campers are encouraged to start thinking about costumes, and other implementations of visual creativity...

konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Nov 11, 2006 10:35
And what toys to bring!

heh

Personally Id be willing to set up a hillside somewhere away from the stage and set up like a humanbouncyball attraction. You know one of those giant inflatable clear balls you can crawl inside and roll down an entire mountainside. We could tie like a really really long rope to it to pull it back up over and over again. I have no idea where this idea came from but I've always wanted to do this, and by July It's very possible for me to have the funds to sponser this idea and really make it happen.

There's a long season ahead of us (psyigh) so i might as well fundraise while im frozen.

I can't wait for this. Seriously. I hope i make it!

-J
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 05:56
Hey who's MOE btw?

haha jk!

=P
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 22:02
again i feel i must shout out..... This is not supposed to be a dark trance party or popularity contest. Its supposed to cover the spectrum of psychedelic trance and be inclusive of the scenes of the US.

I see posts above where people are making lists of 90% SF dark trance acts. This is not a moe party. This is not a goa gil party. This is just not a west coast party. so people please reach that conclusion.

Think outside your own narrow bubbles of perception and taste people. Just as much of the country likes full on as they do trauma trance, and though a minority progressive needs to be represented too.
I hate to say things like this, but really this event needs to be handled very carefully, and truly be inclusive. If not i can see alot of people feeling left out, under-represented, and that will lead to in-fighting and a step backwards for US trance, instead of a grandious unifying event.

I really want to bring the conversation back around to the idea, of screw votes, screw popularity contests and what not.
I feel each scene should have a represenative dj or act (more for bigger scenes at the event) that makes it all inclusive.
Each scene in the US has at least 1 or 2 sick djs that can throw down, so quality control should not be an issue.
I actually think each scene should get to individually pick/ vote there "delegate" to play at Aum. It makes more people feel more involved, and if people feel more involved in an event, they are even more likely to truck across the country to be a part of it, and support their hometown choice.           
Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 22:08
I tend to agree with paradigm, is this some sort of dark freakfest? Why is there a lack of diversity, its a pity. The line up is extremely strong for the night lovers tho, xyla horror place alien mental ghreg and the fractal cowboys and audiopathik are acts one shouldnt miss. But what the hell do all the morning lovers do? Its sad how the dark scene dominates such parties, an equilibrium is definitely required, and that is exactly what is lacking. NONETHELESS, ill be there for this one
Rajat
nod

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 22:24
Quote:

On 2006-11-13 22:02, paradigm wrote:
I see posts above where people are making lists of 90% SF dark trance acts. This is not a moe party. This is not a goa gil party. This is just not a west coast party. so people please reach that conclusion.

no, it is definitely not any of those things. we are encouraging feedback - but we can't control who decides to post on a thread in a public forum. if you are seeing a shit ton of dark trance artists suggested in this thread, perhaps its because:
(a) the poster thinks this is a moe party and they can only suggest/expect to see dark trance artists and djs (which is wrong) or
(b) the poster happens to like dark trance (i hope we can all agree that musical taste can't be 'wrong')

we are definitely looking to get a nice balance of artists from across the continent and musical spectrum involved in this event. however, we need people who want to be involved to TELL US and not just sit back assuming they'll be getting the call some day....emailing aumfestival-volunteers at gmail or aumfestival at gmail is probably the best way of doing this for the time being.

see you on the dance floor           http://www.djnod.net
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 22:34
As Paradigm has written, i'd really like to see representation from all the different scenes out there. Its importatnt that we all feel involved and connected, and having one of your fav. local djs/artists up there rocking out is a great way to feel instantly connected.
We are still open for all your suggestions, and we hope to present a "well balanced" line up in every way we can. i know everyone is concerned about the lineup, but i can guarantee you there will be music there for everyone, you will probably not like everything that is played, but there will be music that you LOVE!
The music is bringing us together, but this festival has so much more potential, to just kick it with friends from all across the country... to participate in some workshops, educate each other, healing, and playing around and just enjoy spending a week celebrating the things we love together yay! ok how's that for unity? I'm feeling sentimental this morning i guess
          Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
krisamadhi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 23:36
Quote:

I really want to bring the conversation back around to the idea, of screw votes, screw popularity contests and what not.
I feel each scene should have a represenative dj or act (more for bigger scenes at the event) that makes it all inclusive.
Each scene in the US has at least 1 or 2 sick djs that can throw down, so quality control should not be an issue.
I actually think each scene should get to individually pick/ vote there "delegate" to play at Aum. It makes more people feel more involved, and if people feel more involved in an event, they are even more likely to truck across the country to be a part of it, and support their hometown choice.

I would also like to see it happen this way!           Kri
Mastering and Mixing Service:
http://audiovalvemastering.com/
Music:
http://www.djkri.com http://www.touchsamadhi.com
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 00:17
Quote:

On 2006-11-13 23:36, krisamadhi wrote:
Quote:

I would also like to see it happen this way!

Agreed.
Scatter

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 03:09
I really like to see these acts represent, and I have more, but definately these:

Dr. Spook
Bodhisattva 13:20
Meghan
Primordial Ooze
Professor X
Shai
Blue Spectral Monkey
Dan Efex
Chromatone
Collision and Aktif
Any of the Audiognomes

And sorry, this comes from my little knowledge of the wide range of US djs/live acts.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 03:46
Quote:

while a nice idea, I don't think it's realistic. who would make these decisions? the random party-goers, by secret ballots at a series of local events? the promoters who are throwing the parties? the people who happen to be online a lot? none of these are very fair and objective methods.

i don't think the choosing of the lineup should be done by vote, either. and i think there are enough people involved - with very different tastes - and from different regions - that a proper balance in the lineup will be observed.

..it's just another party..
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 07:41
Quote:

On 2006-10-01 03:11, Quasga wrote:
Right now I have to choose what is best for me, being that I alone have to live with myself. I hope you can all understand.

You know we love you           http://www.chillumafia.com
nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 08:47
Quote:

On 2006-10-10 18:53, pete wrote:
my two cents-

I'm going to have to disagree with people whose opinions I really respect and say I don't think international artists are necessary or even good. I definitely see a value to having it be a continental community event, and I think having international artists detracts from that vision. My perception is at least in some regions of the US, people don't go to parties unless there is international talent, and I think that mindset is negative. Recognizing that we can do a diy styled fest without international talent is a step in overcoming that. As far as that being too insular, I think there's international talent playing in multiple US cities every weekend, so that's not really a big concern.

I am very much in agreement with this. We have a reasonably steady stream of international talent playing here often enough - there should be little doubt that our region and culture are "open." And, since there are many people who will not attend unless there are headliners, having them often seems to be the only thing that provides opportunity for many locals to be heard.

North America is one of the regions where psytrance has been slower to "catch on." The "scene" is very strong in many other countries, but is still seems relatively small and underground here. I do think a lot of growth has occurred here since, say, 2000, and my understanding of this festival is that its purpose is to showcase that growth and progress and to provide a somewhat unifying event which people will travel from around the region to attend (like Boom or many other "real" festivals). One can only hope it'll attract attention such that many people from other countries would try to attend, just to see what North America is all about.

Now, chances are, with another festival going on and no "international" talent, you might see lower attendance than is hoped for, but not having to pay for headliners and plane tickets will likely keep the budget a lot lower, and the people that do show up will be those that are supportive to the cross-pollination of North America concept that is essentially at root here.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance