Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America

FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Oct 3, 2006 14:44
I think for this to work it might have to be on a charity basis for many of the artists. To buy that many plane tickets would make the price for the event tickets too high. What if all of these talented artists donated their services for the first couple years then put all profits towards next years continental gathering that way it can grow to be something bigger than we all imagined in the begining. Maybe promoters from all around could throw a couple fund raiser parties throughout the year and donate that money to making this a huge event. along maybe a fund raiser comp from a record label and any other fund raising possibilities that way we can truly make this a party for the people. Im not the one to talk to about making this all happen but I know those people are on here.
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Oct 3, 2006 14:45
id donate to a fund raiser comp anyone else?
FaceHead
FaceHead

Posted : Oct 3, 2006 17:23
but aside from that there are so many little things people can do to help out I say since this is a continental type gathering every person that shows up contributes something this could be the only event where it isnt completely done by an organizer (other than the bookings, sound and money). I dunno where im going with this all im saying is for anyone that shows up there is more you could do to make the party memorable even if it effects your bank account a bit or is a slight inconvenience it is for the good of the party and the community. everyone get thinking we're all pretty creative illuminated social specimens so there is no reason we cant be making one ultimate annual event. for all of us by all of us.
djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 09:46
I couldn't help but notice that lawrence listed himself as a DJ he wanted to see play!
Also if nicsynergy and dimitry want to meet up to be friends or whatever, Albuquerque is equadistant between Boulder and Pheonix. Maybe we can have a DJ battle - yay! - gwyn
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 11:07
nothing wrong with a little shameless self-promotion, gwyn.

dont knock it till youve tried it.

p.s. i nominate myself as someone to play at this event as well.
konflux
Konflux

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 11:51
go scott !!!

myspace.com/konfluxpsy | www.konfluxmusic.net | PsyTribe | Phar Psyde Recs. | Logical Light Recs.

For CD releases:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/search.asp?search_str=konflux
robyo

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 15:10
Quote:

On 2006-10-03 14:45, FaceHead wrote:
id donate to a fund raiser comp anyone else?

I'd buy a copy. Or donate a track.

Since this event is representative of all North America, maybe there could be different stages managed by the different tribes. Like say, 7 stages that are shared by 7 regions. Then the regional promoters can work together to bring in artists (ride share, etc) they know and pool resources. The only potential problem with this is getting fest-goers to attend different stages other than the one where all their local friends are playing. Maybe stages are managed by regions, but artists get scheduled other stages than their region. That would lend toward more variety, wouldn't it? Am I making sense?
djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 17:06
alright here goes...

I wanna play!! and I'll bet I'm the best damn female DJ in the entire state of New Mexico (and I can outplay all the boys here too) there I said it and I feel a whole lot better thanks!

- gwyn (DJ Lucina)
mist
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  68
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 17:55
here is a list of djs/acts i think would do well to represent the texas scene. (doesn't included non-texas acts i'd like to see.)

uhm
klapton
james meadows
initialization string
gift culture (for the chill area)
sylph

and, i guess i'll to the shameless self-promotion thing and state that i too live in texas...

Are you connected to yourself?
http://soundcloud.com/justincaseboy
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 18:53
my two cents-

I'm going to have to disagree with people whose opinions I really respect and say I don't think international artists are necessary or even good. I definitely see a value to having it be a continental community event, and I think having international artists detracts from that vision. My perception is at least in some regions of the US, people don't go to parties unless there is international talent, and I think that mindset is negative. Recognizing that we can do a diy styled fest without international talent is a step in overcoming that. As far as that being too insular, I think there's international talent playing in multiple US cities every weekend, so that's not really a big concern.

Musically, it seems like everyone is more or less on the same page. I'll just second Gift Culture in the chill because perhaps he's not quite as recognized outside of Texas as some of the other N. American downtempo artists so he could use an extra word put in.
mist
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  68
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 19:03
of course, one could also argue that america has it's fair share of international talent - by which i mean talent that is internationally recognized...

Are you connected to yourself?
http://soundcloud.com/justincaseboy
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 20:12
Certainly there is an increased financial burden of bringing someone from overseas. Still there are a few artists who have strong ties to the US, namely CPU and Mekkanikka, who were based in SF for awhile. There will also be artists who might be in the country at the time of this festival who could appear perhaps on a last-minute (unadvertised) basis. This happened a few years ago at the Gaian Mind festival when Loopus played on the spur of the moment- i've been a fan ever since! It seems that we would want to share our spirit back over to the rest of the world. I'll venture to guess that there's a good chance that anyone drawn simply by the international talent are actually expats [international visiters]. Those people, while coming to see "the named talent" will get a dose of our continental offerings. There is no denying the talent we have on our landmass. Denial of this represents some form of bias barrier that begs to be broken.

For a multi-day event the concept of "the main night" becomes blurred, which given a critical mass of attendees and more importantly dancers, means a good energy-level throughout. At this point there is only one "main moment" and this is the last person to play, typically your sunday afternoon.

I'm not saying we need international talent but we should keep our opportunities open (although I think it would be cool to have CPU here) and also consider the "last-minute addition" effect.

Anyway, i'll be there in some capacity (someone's got to run a gyros stand ;^).

-dean
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 20:50
Quote:

I'm not saying we need international talent but we should keep our opportunities open (although I think it would be cool to have CPU here) and also consider the "last-minute addition" effect.

Agreed. I reckon Penta falls into the CPU category as well, and he is hands down one of my favorite producers.
Jewbacca

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 21:39
alls i can see is i think this is going to be a kick ass time Team America F@$# Yeah!!!!
i love everyones suggestions, great music, also i second scott, and christine they both would bring out the stomp
polariskyo

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 10, 2006 21:51
i'm down to donate a trippy set in the chill area during the morning/afternoon time...

0_o           0_o
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The A.U.M Festival, Full Moon July 2007, North America
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance