Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - September 20-24, SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2007: 3rd Annual Arts, Music, and Concious Lifestyle Festival
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

September 20-24, SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2007: 3rd Annual Arts, Music, and Concious Lifestyle Festival

bephree

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 18:21
We want to thank everyone who had a part in the Greening Initiatives for this years event. The 5 day permaculture intensive was phenomenal.

Thanks to Jaime for doing a superb job as the Mistress of Ceremonies and instructor of the basics.
Thanks to Zac and Blair for bringing in the Alchemical and Deep Ecological insights as well as taking us through the step by step azumite procedure to shift Sudden Oak Death into Long Term Oak Health.
Thanks to Mia and your skills at manifesting the course structure, communicating the mycological truths, and innoculating us with your EXTENSIVE general knowledge.
Thanks to Karen for your herbalism, your enthusiasm, and your general ability to get people pumped up.
Thanks to Matty for plugging in wherever and whenever you could.
Thanks to Kochen for your insightful talk on Industrial Collapse Emergency Distaster Preparedness. Although I'm still trying to figure out the relevance...
Thanks to Cindy for nurturing our bellies and bodies as we nurtured our heads and souls...
Thanks to Sarah for helping out everywhere... I mean everywhere... Just like you always do....
Thanks to Tim for being the second one on site and doing about as much as anyone...
Thanks to Lindsay and your spontaneous yoga workshops...
Thanks to Sebastian for your great green energy and general good vibes...
Thanks to Asaf for your passion, curiosity, and heart
Thanks to Eric for taking the leap from Costa Rica and being a full participant in every sense of the word
Thanks to Andrew for caring so much you almost left and caring so much you had to stay
Thanks to Layna for your tight bonding to the members of the tribe
Thanks to Nicole for practicing sustainability IN LA!!!
Thanks to Adam coming out to SG 07 so you can take it back to Bolinas... Tell Penny we said Hi...
Thanks to Martin for riding your bike from BC!!!
Thanks to Jeff for reminding us that "the bees are taking over the hive"

AND...

Thanks everyone for participating in an AMAZING reduction in the amount of waste. The general consensus was that there was around 70% LESS WASTE than SG 06... Thanks for everyone who played a part...

This year we installed multiple sorting stations spread out over the venue. The stations had 3 or 4 receptacles depending on their position to the event... Cans... Plastic Bottles... Glass Bottles... Compost... By and large people separated their recycling and left them in or near the bins.

Thanks to the team of builders that slapped those stations together like a Balinese production line...
Thanks especially to Dave and Mike for stewarding that which has been drunk to move into the next step its process of re-becoming...
Thanks to everyone for respecting the land and for taking anything that did not fit into these categories back from where it came.

Another factor in the reduction was the introduction of reusable plates and cups. Dishes, cups, and utensils required a customer deposit. The Symbiosis Permaculture Intensive built a dishwashing station, staffed by volunteers during the event, where the customers returned their dishes to the get their deposits back instead of one use paper plates...

Mad props to a conscious community...
magellan2012
Boomslang

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 20:18
Symbiosis' theme for 2007 seemed to be "fight for your right to party". At least for trancers. After rain, cancelations of great psychedelic acts, Hip hop, angry ganster rap w/ stabbing visuals on the screens, cops making us turn down the best night act around right now- chromatone, and other hang ups, i still managed to have my space and time to let loose. Granted it wasnt as extended as i usually like, it was still what i needed.

Never had to pay for anything... everybody was verrrrryyy giving, met new peeps and reconnected with some old friends, and made deeper connections with my current friends. Truely what the experience is all about.

But, i do have to say something about the gangster music. Why do you go all the way up to angels camp to listen to rap about killing and shit?.
Expand your minds people, not your loins and ego. Its not really music for the psyforest experience. To me thats stuff is cancerous music, and psytrance is chemotherapy for the masses.
I found my friends hiding in there car at one point, bumping psytrance trying to escape the scary music. Luckily i was sober and was able to walk them down to the main stage where treavor moontribe brought them back to a happy state of mind.

Music breakdown

Rinkadink was awesome, though you could tell he was holding back. Probably cause of his flight he had to catch immediately afterwards. Super nice guy also.

Treavor- Perfect opening set for the night madness. Deep and fullon.

Chromatone rocked it. Best night set ive heard in a long time. Funny motherfucker as well.

Ticon was epic, melodious, and pumping.

Solead- Yaaaawwwn. Except for that mediterranean guitar song, pretty slow.

Hallu- In dub was pretty psuedo, Watching Ott during that jam was the best part. Running around between computer, sampler, and other equipment trying to keep time with all the human error, it was cool.

Shpongle- I know i have heard it before, but as soon as someone can compose and do the rising build ups that do the things to my brain and body that his songs do, i still gotta to give the man credit for making that music. Not the best performer, granted.

after that, it all sounded like a dramatic movie scene, so we headed off and made jokes and laughed at our selves a little. Then off to sleep for the last night. In the morning the sun finally came out, but the rain and cold had done there damage, most people were gone or leaving. My saddest moment. THE END

Overall, a great experience. Thankyou to the organizers and promoters.

I'll be there next year.

Peace
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 29, 2007 03:33
Quote:

On 2007-09-26 18:54, jds wrote:
I posted up a totally random montage video here:

http://stage6.divx.com/user/jdsvids/video/1675305/Symbiosis-Gathering-'07

(Stage6 is DivX video hosting/sharing, the DivX player plugin that you're prompted to install is clean and quick.)

I got some random (poor sound) clips from the Sunday dawn sets (chromotone, ticon, d-nox). I'll post them up raw and unedited in a bit for anyone interested.

I liked the video a lot john, and the dreambody track was really fitting for the video. Very nice of you to record the festival, and at the peak of it as well on sunday.            "On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 6, 2007 23:18
Cool, glad you liked it.

I compiled a random bunch of unedited clips with raw audio (read horrible quality, lol!) from the dawn sets on Saturday at the Forest Stage and Sunday at the Field Stage (Pretty much the best part of the 4 days while everyone else was sleeping in and missing out *haha*, I kid but it was the best part.

The first few clips are from the Forest stage and I don't remember who was on. The remaining clips are from the Field stage with Chromatone, Ticon, then D-Nox playing in order.

Here's the link:
http://stage6.divx.com/user/jdsvids/video/1714988/Symbiosis-Dawn-Sets---Unedited

(Stage 6 is having server issues, it could be a really slow stream right now, dunno, I was able to watch after uploading but it took a while to sort out the buffering *grumble*. Still a great free video site though. I hope they get their technical issues worked out.)
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 00:22
'the bees are taking over the hive'

hell yeah!!!! BZzzZzZzzZzzz

p.s. great video indeed. HD = /droooool
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 02:03
@jds

1) Chromatone is not in that video. the redhead that is more pigmentally challenged than me is Triptych. Chromatone played in the dead of night, two artists before Triptych.

2) That divx site (even with the proper plugins installed) crashes the hell out of Firefox.

3) Killer video!! TICON FUCKING ROCKS!
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 10:00
Quote:

On 2007-10-07 02:03, PsyCore wrote:
@jds

1) Chromatone is not in that video. the redhead that is more pigmentally challenged than me is Triptych. Chromatone played in the dead of night, two artists before Triptych.

2) That divx site (even with the proper plugins installed) crashes the hell out of Firefox.

3) Killer video!! TICON FUCKING ROCKS!

LOL! That's awesome. Thanks. Give me the order of artists in the clips I grabbed then. Was it Triptych, Ticon, D-Nox? If so, who played between Chromatone and Triptych (I pretty much blissed out from Trevor through D-Nox)?
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 10:51
a laptop virtuoso from Brasil named Patchbay, who seemed to be having trouble with a loud sound system...
Kyma
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 23:23
the live between chromatone and Triptych was PatchBay http://myspace.com/patchbay1

problems with the lack of loudness on the system after the police complain u mean....
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - September 20-24, SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2007: 3rd Annual Arts, Music, and Concious Lifestyle Festival
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance