Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - September 20-24, SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2007: 3rd Annual Arts, Music, and Concious Lifestyle Festival
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

September 20-24, SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2007: 3rd Annual Arts, Music, and Concious Lifestyle Festival

Nelito

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 18, 2007 20:53

@ Lawrence... for sure my friend. my turbo kichen is in the packing process right now. those woods lanch my culinary stincts sky hight. 2 stoves and my babe grill. that will make it !!! drive safe and see you soon.
magellan2012
Boomslang

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 18, 2007 22:37
Wondering about rinkadink being on the forest stage. I soooooo wanted to here his phatty bass on the field stage. His sound would be fat as hell on it.
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 03:47
I'm quite inclined to agree with Tom...

Rinkadink doesn't belong on a side stage... seriously.

Probably one of the best live acts I've ever seen (Psytribe Halloween 05). He killed at Glade Festival, And just LOOK at what he did to BOOM! last year:

Let's start a petition to get him some Field Stage time... screw GoldiLox and Zilla.
PsyDrama
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 05:34
It's SO happening
sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 08:17
Rinkadink was supposed to play Saturday on the main stage (probably sunrise, he's amazing for sunrise), but a surprise booking in Brazil is why he's playing Friday night on the forest stage. Believe me, I'm super bummed out about it, and so are the Symbiosis guys, but he has to be at the airport in SF by 11:00am Saturday morning! A real shame, but c'est la vie. The festival will still rock, anyway.

Just make sure you catch his set on Friday night. And make sure you're well-dosed, his music is the most psychedelic, groovy full-on stuff being made these days. Seeing him at Universo Paralello last year blew my gasket. He makes music for 2 Cans of Beer, you know.

Brian Petterson
DJ Sentient - (Alchemy Records) California
Email: soundofmind@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/djsentient

"Watching television is like taking black spraypaint to your third eye." - Bill Hicks
PsyCore

Posted : Sep 19, 2007 11:31
Hmm.. I should be arriving hopefull by Friday night. Rinkadink is one of the main reasons I am actually making this journey.

And I have a one gasket leftover from BRC for just this occasion.

I agree with your statement about his music. Treavor Moontribe dropped Vana's remix of Neelix' Disco Delay, followed by the track he did with Shane Gobi as Whiplash on the Luna Agent comp - back to back at the Vibrasphere party last weekend. I thought we were going to lose the roof.

B, I think I might need to meet up with ya before he goes on...

So now the question remains, who must I bribe to get him on the Main Stage for friday night?

*oh and does he know our party is better than the one in Brazil?*
*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 23:32
Woo, only 2 more days til we all go from hacking up a playa lung to Angel Camp boogies!
Can't wait!
          http://www.vaporvent.com
http://www.myspace.com/christinewebb
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Sep 20, 2007 01:16
Who gets the delightful duty of driving Rinkadink to SFO at 5am on Saturday?           http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
armando

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 20, 2007 03:28
what a line up.....i love this gathering.
Saturnia
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Sep 21, 2007 19:51
Be prepared to get a little wet! The forecast calls for 40% chance of rain tonight and 60% Saturday and a sunny Sunday. Highs in the upper 70s with lows in the upper 40s to lower 50s.

See you on the dance floor!           Saturnia
http://www.facebook.com/saturnia.corybant
PsyCore

Posted : Sep 25, 2007 00:14
left at 7am, got down the mountain by 7:30, drove 400 miles, and have a few things to say before i pass out:

no eat static, no dimitry, and beckers wasn't able to make the party - stupid homeland security.

rinkadink played at 3am friday night on the side stage because he had to be in brazil for saturday night. he rocks. even though it's totally morning music i love to hear it anytime, really.

not two hours after he left, it began to rain and refused to let up until early saturday evening, and not until it finished soaking everything (and stopping the dancefloor from being dusty the whole party!!) it was cold and gray during this time, but saturday night was cool.

treavor moontribe put an end to the hippie jamband debauchery on the big stage, and set the tone for chromatone who rocked it BIG TIME. so much that the sheriffs showed up because his sound was driving the redneck neighbors crazy. sound was at 20% or so until the end of his set, but all one had to do was move closer to the speakers until the law left.

ticon on sunday morning is my highlight. just wow. absolutely incredible performance. i hope someone got video of that.

d-nox. is. hysterical. what a guy... sick sound too, especially nice after ticon.

and simon, was ..well. y'know. the pozz. I wonder if he felt like Jerry Garcia - especially since the location used was used for Grateful Dead festivals back in the day. I wonder who had the bigger dancefloor of hippies.

Wow the hippies. There were maybe 400 to 500 max on the dancefloor during the sunday morning/afternoon exhaltation. but once simon went on, they came RUNNING. the dance floor went up in size maybe 5 times. Pictures will be up later... you'll see what i mean.

another amazingly strange weekend, completed.
DJ_420

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 25, 2007 20:24
i had so much fun. i could go on and on but for the sake of brevity, i will just say I had a joyous experience. Much love.
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Sep 25, 2007 21:02
It was alot of fun. Year after year the Sybiosis crew impresses me with the level of production.

I personally enjoyed the previous year better than this year, but i think thats really only because of the rainy weather, and not as much trance as planned on the lineup was actually played.

Highlights for me were
Chromatone (new material is awsome)
Triptych , much better than last time i saw him, and if any type of full on could ever be described as sexy, that was it.
Dnox, master dj. Superb skills and stage demeanor. Would be nice if alot more trance dj's had crowd interaction like this guy.

but like Psycore said Ticon stole the show.... Just superb. Very nice, very clean, and really live. Fit the time and moment perfectly.

Rinkadink was a bit on the dissapointing side, this time around. Not that it was bad, it was just not very different than the last time he played out this way....

which brings me to Simon. Yawn.... no more please. Its always the same. Sphongle set was verbatim the exact same set he played last year. As for Hallucinogen in dub, on paper it looks like a fantastic idea, in practice not so much. Simon cant play guitar, he shouldnt even try.

other mentions of coolness should go to
Treavor Moontribe
Solead
Bassnectar
Morphonix
Phutureprimative
Saturnia
Symbiotic Orchestra
Funginears

now to be on the critical side a bit, not that i am dissing the deco or set up one bit, but this years, was just a variant on last years. Why not for next year, bring in a international deco crew like Tribe of Frog or something similar.
Totally re-do the set design and freshen it up?

also i know the jam band thing is key to getting numbers, and this is a multi musical experiance, but can we please strive for a even balance in sounds?, and again i know that very well might have been the original intention this year, and the imbalance can be chalked up to shit happening. It just naturally sucks when from a trancers p.o.v, trance at a event like this is the one that gets the short end of the stick

"tomatoes".......?

Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
jds

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 25, 2007 21:31
Quote:

On 2007-09-25 00:14, PsyCore wrote:
treavor moontribe put an end to the hippie jamband debauchery on the big stage, and set the tone for chromatone who rocked it BIG TIME. so much that the sheriffs showed up because his sound was driving the redneck neighbors crazy. sound was at 20% or so until the end of his set, but all one had to do was move closer to the speakers until the law left.

ticon on sunday morning is my highlight. just wow. absolutely incredible performance. i hope someone got video of that.

d-nox. is. hysterical. what a guy... sick sound too, especially nice after ticon.

Ya, what he said.
Spyros

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 25, 2007 22:22
$150 and no eat static or dimitri..........
tomatoes for sure!
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - September 20-24, SYMBIOSIS GATHERING 2007: 3rd Annual Arts, Music, and Concious Lifestyle Festival
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance