Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Israelis in India

Vagator Vibhushan
Inactive User

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 04:17
want to open a healthy debate

why is it that Israelis dont have a good image in India? I got stolen in goa year before last and when i went to police they said "uknow that is an israeli hotel, why were u stayin there?"

have seen it too - israelies dont come to india to discover its culture but to do their own thing, so much so that even other foreigners travelling in India seem to despise them...

dont get me wrong, i am trying to see the other side, so pls help me, would also invite friends from the india forum so we can interact...

bom!           helping apple pies take over the world since Damion predicted so
-psynapse.tribe.net-
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 13:23
Unfortunately this is not new and mostly correct. Not all Israeli's are like this but there are more than enough to create the image of shouting, disrespectful, arrogant, many times racist dudes that come mostly to India to do acid and smoke chillums.

The only thing I can say about it is that not all of us like this, and there are still some ppl that come to enjoy your country just because it is special and we do appreciate your culture.

Good topic           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 16:11
Look, i don't want people to shout at me for what im gonna say but im gonna tell u what i think.
Im still young and i haven't been to goa (yet!). Actualy, i've only lived in israel 4 years... but let me tell u one thing...
Israelis are... well... special...
I remember as a child before i lived here, i used to come on vacation each year and i had this T-shirt with a green dude on a camel throwing a can of beer on the floor in the desert. All this while giving you the finger and making a crazy face. The shirt then spelled:
"I have an Israeli attitude"...
I think that kinda says it all... doesn't it?
I lived in Europe (mostly france) most of my life and boy is there a difference in mentality... you can't compare... and unfortunately, while in israel people can seem really kind and outgoing, in other places i dunno if it's perceived in the same way...
          "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
askazi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 16:16
we are all one....these kinda discussions will only boil problems and crop ideas in our minds....

get over with it.

there are all kinda people in all kinda races...

even in india, israel, us, pakistan, and which ever country it will be.....some of these go to other coountries....and the only good part it....they dont change themselve....they be that they are.....           _____________________________________________
ॐDistorted Thinkingॐ
I hate SKAZI..but cant help it..its in the name
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 16:35
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 16:16, askazi wrote:
get over with it.

there are all kinda people in all kinda races...

who talked about races? the problem raised here is about our image (or in other words- behaviour) in india, and the thing is that u wouldn't see threads like that on the other country sections, regarding their people's behaviour in India.

imo, ignoring (and not "getting over with it" as u said) the problem will only make things worse because then one might think that it's o.k. to carry on with such kind of image...

Riton, the T-shirt that you mentioned reminds me the tons of garbage that so many people leave behind them in parties here in Israel, even if it's in the desert or wild nature, without any respect whatsoever. if we can't show respect to our country, how can we respect others?
|Isralien|

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 17:38
Well this is a heavy subject...
The israelis are got this image you talking about all over the wrold not only on india and it's bad right but we are caought also as warm and kind people by some in comparing to french from example who are completly the opposite..
Israelis can cause trouble where they are staying but they are also special and unique!
Let's say that i proud being an israeli than being something else!!
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 17:55
There is also one more thing to take into concederation. I think that Israelis, relatively, are the biggest tourist group in India. So, in general, ppl from other countries go to India because of spirituality, relegion, travels.. etc.. And a lot of Israelis are going to India because it is .... "cool"...
          -=Lead System Designer=-
Cardinals Cartel
Black Machine

Started Topics :  191
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 21:22

India India ..

I wish i would come and seeing you , but i realy "afraide" to stay forever .
Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 00:24
I have never been to Israel and India, but the Israelis I know here in New York City are decent people. I think anytime you take someone from a stressful structured army enviroment and drop them into a third world country with unlimited drugs and alcohol then there are gonna be problems.
          "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
- Benjamin Franklin

"Why did bush knock down the towers?"
- Jadakiss
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 07:44
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 13:23, Yuli wrote:

The only thing I can say about it is that not all of us like this, and there are still some ppl that come to enjoy your country just because it is special and we do appreciate your culture.

Good topic

www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Orbital
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 13:46
I'm an Indian and have been travelling all over India for more than 10 years. I don't want to be rude but I've met some very nice individuals but whenever I've met Israilies in groups - I found them very unfriendly. They seem very insecure - don't know if its the d's. Obviously everyone has the right to take things as they want but just a friendly advise - free your mind!           'The meek aint gonna inherit shit'

“I don’t want to be part of your revolution if I can’t dance.” – Emma Goldman
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 15:10
Well.. See no point of discussin why some people may be racists. Aint no isreali or indian for that matter going to come up saying that "Hey, i dont like you cos you're indian/israeli" Whatever the stupid reasons for such hatred. Alot of you guys (israelis) have praised yourselves and said you guys stand out of the crowd - So where are the hooligans hiding now?
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 18:38
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 17:38, |Isralien| wrote:
we are caought also as warm and kind people by some in comparing to french from example who are completly the opposite..

Thats got to be the most generalising i have seen in this forum! Extreme nationalism is not a pretty thing.

Israelis has it's good and bad people just as any other nation... Do I need to mention an example like some Americans visiting Europe?
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 18:46
HandA, i think youre reading into it with the wrong angle - maybe its his wording thats throwing you off... it is known that the french are perceived as "cold" people by the world. now, saying that - that doesnt make it true and it doesnt make his statement abrasive. he is just saying whats known.... just like what youre suggesting about americans visiting europe.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 18:50
Quote:

On 2005-07-15 18:46, Surrender wrote:
HandA, i think youre reading into it with the wrong angle - maybe its his wording thats throwing you off... it is known that the french are perceived as "cold" people by the world. now, saying that - that doesnt make it true and it doesnt make his statement abrasive. he is just saying whats known.... just like what youre suggesting about americans visiting europe.

sorry but it's a pile of (bad language here) to say that all French people are cold and arrogant and opposite Israeli's. I got very nice warm friends from France that could not be more far away from being arrogant or cold.
And if you read my post again I wrote:

"some Americans".

And that was just an example. All countries have nice and stupid citizens.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - Israelis in India

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance