ॐDistorted Thinkingॐ
I hate SKAZI..but cant help it..its in the name
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 18:32
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 17:59, psy^soldier wrote:
well if there was a connection should all those countries have people that acts like israelis if the reason is the occupation ?

Oh got your point - well first of all we don't really know how it affected those French ppl that were actually 'doing' the occupation.. I believe that if u look into details u will find it was a very little percentage of total population of France. In our case we all are part of it since we all or vast majority of us serve the army and in the occupied territories, that is why in general Israeli's as a group are much more effected then the French

again           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 19:05
well you have a point there
hmm but i really think that there is more in the attitude then just saying
thets the ocuupation fault
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 20:50
So much for staying ON TOPIC.
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 23:30
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 16:44, onalways wrote:
bull shit they just come to india to party they dont give a rats ass as to wat ppl feel about them all they care bout is chillums and acid and a pussy if they get any

sad but i think it's true           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
Vagator Vibhushan
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 17, 2005 10:26
thanks people...i was not sure of the kind of reactions to something as sensitive as this, but am well amazed at the kind of maturity in some posts -

here are some of my observations, tell me what ya think -

- Israelis are the biggest low-budget/long-term travel group in some party destinations in India (goa, manali, dharamsala etc)...this, like Cyber Punk said, already sets them apart from other foreign travellers...the points to note though are these

a) when one is travelling low-budget and for considerable time, it becomes even more imp that one repsect the local environs and utilise the opportunity to know more about the culture, which many Israelis (i am not saying all) dont do... this perhaps also happens coz...

b) unlike others, Israelis prefer to travel in large groups...this turns the attention inwards rather than where it should be... and one explanation for this could be...

c) most travellers from Israel are students (?) and are in India for a cheap holiday with friends than anything else

- the other thing I have noticed is that when Israelis are not in their 'zones' (goa/manali etc.), they are pretty well-behaved and to a point even shy and insecure, but the moment they are back to their comfort areas, they start acting like the rule the place and dont mix...this is also to say...

- that israelis dont actually travel around the country, but prefer to spend their few months in just a coupla places...this results in...

- 2-3 mini Isra-hells where the local economy is almost bought over by them, to an extent that even other travelling Indians are forced to conform with their lifestyle and are generally made to feel not welcome

- now i hardly need to point out that this lifestyle is not that of austerity, hence, these places seem to have a high criminal record and corruption, which again dont help with the image

the way i suggest we should start analysing this sitaution is by first very very honestly figuring out what is it that draws israelis to india...is it india's culture or the israeli culture in india? or something else?

and then, is this a general travel style of people from Israel?

[Aside: i know, as Yuli pointed out with his 'babu' example, India can really skew one's sense of respect for people, and staying for a while can cause a further imbalance, and Indians sometimes can be very annoying, but respect for a land and its people is an inherent trait and if something makes us lose it, then one also needs to look at oneself and question oneself that at some level, "am i thinking myself superior to them?"...coz if yes, then the problem is surely at our own end, and the answer is a good history book of the place]

sorry for the long post
          helping apple pies take over the world since Damion predicted so
-psynapse.tribe.net-
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 12:26
look, if i go to india, i know im gonna love the culture and stuff, cuz that's who i am.
But let me tell u smtgh, i know plenty of israelis, and i mean plenty who wouldn't give a rat's ass...
Imagine this... if a goa-like scene was in another country, just imagine, do you honestly think it would make a difference for the israelis? I doubt it... They love goa cuz it's goa, part or india or not...           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 13:23
First, Yuli, this is craaaaaaaaaaaaaap dude.

I personally know alot of guys that served in very hot places, that me and you can only imagine about.
And those guys would never do what "typical Israeli" doing in India.
BTW, How your theory will explain that behavior by the ppl who served in non combat ? or ppl who never served at all.. and so on..
BTW, I know one german girl that was travelling in India, and all the time tried to join" a bunch of Israelis" cause they are staing together and helping each other. And she feeled very secure with them.

Vagator Vibhushan:
Now , as I said earlier... It became a trend, it became "cool" to go to India, to smoke charas, to party on acid.
So, it brings alot of "unwanted" ppl.
As Riton said, it's nothing to do with goa, it could be every country.           -=Lead System Designer=-
maggot

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 14:28
well dude .. good topic .. let me just say that like any country .. israel too has its share of assholes .. and scince we do get a huuge no of isras comming in india .. were bound to get the odd wanker .. ignore em .. theres enough really nice ppl from isr comming too .... and some bad behaviour can be explained to the fact that as soon as they get here ..zillions of beggars and other poor ppl get after thier lifes .... so its a 3rd world thing too i suppose .. watever

boom and peace
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Jul 17, 2005 16:45
Quote:

On 2005-07-17 13:23, Cyber Punk wrote:
First, Yuli, this is craaaaaaaaaaaaaap dude.

Not even a little bit - it's reality and one of the biggest problems of my ppl is that they don't know how to deal with reality too well..

Quote:

I personally know alot of guys that served in very hot places, that me and you can only imagine about.
And those guys would never do what "typical Israeli" doing in India.
BTW, How your theory will explain that behavior by the ppl who served in non combat ? or ppl who never served at all.. and so on..

Believe me I know many different types of ppl myself. Bottom line it is up to each personality,... but when u grow up on fear and hate of the other and the different all your life, even if u dont spend like me half of your service in Gaza strip, u get affected.. As I said anyone that fails to see it is blind

Quote:

BTW, I know one german girl that was travelling in India, and all the time tried to join" a bunch of Israelis" cause they are staing together and helping each other. And she feeled very secure with them.

No one said the bunches of Israeli's dont have a good side, but it is good side from selfish reasons... As far as I see it.. I been travelling a lot and every time I saw one of those groups I tried to pretend I am foreigner - so much noise, and shouting, and disrespecting others ( Indians or tourists actually most of the time it doesnt matter at all )

Quote:

Vagator Vibhushan:
Now , as I said earlier... It became a trend, it became "cool" to go to India, to smoke charas, to party on acid.
So, it brings alot of "unwanted" ppl.
As Riton said, it's nothing to do with goa, it could be every country.

You only partially correct Alechko - it wasn't a trend back in 1992, and still, eventho the scale was much smaller, Israeli's was the loudest, the less respectfull, and less nice of other tourists I have met thru my travels. I might agree that it just went bigger over last 13 years but it was all the time there.

A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Jul 17, 2005 18:21
And by the way Alechko I just given a very good explanation that can shed some light for why Israeli travellers are so rude and disrespectful ( not only in India mind u - check out the planes of El Al if u have a flight and tell me if u enjoy flying inside one )

The fact is that our ppl mostly behave like this, if that was unexplained one would think we are a disaster of nation... So the reason I gave is damn solid to cover the shitty behaviour... hehe           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 19:25
What really doesnt make sense to me .. i've seen excuses flowing around (not in this topic) that the israeli people are opressed by their government, forced to do alot of things by law .. and with the current ongoing situation of 'war' in israel - It doesn't make sense to why they would behave so badly to a country (India) which is a DEMOCRACY and lets them be free people while their feet are on this piece of land. Agreed that Israel is a 'democratic' country, but I hardly see that. What arrogance.
TweekerD

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 19:28
First of all:
Yuli: Total nonsense (IMO) about the occupation. Haven't heard anything LESS correct my entire life. Next time, you should write a huge IMO like a hundred times in your statement.

Unfortunately, you don't have to go as far as India to see that the Israeli mentality is terrible. You can see it here every day - on the streets, on the roads, in the public service offices and I gotta say - in general.

Being an Israeli that has been in India, I'll be the first to say - I'm ashamed of my people, including myself. Despite trying to be the most open-minded person (and I truly do love Indian culture and try to learn more and more every day, though almost two years have passed since I last set foot in India), not once did I find myself a part of the Israeli herd that cares only about Charas, acid, and having fun no matter who stood in my way. I feel very sorry for those numbered times. In retrospective I feel that I should have stayed away from Israeli groups during my time in India, and will definitely do so the next time I'm there. Not to say that I won't be smoking charas or doing acid, which I still plan to do as I do in Israel - but my trip will definitly be different.

IMO, we have a bad image wherever we go, and it gets a huge amplification in India, where some places have stopped being (or never been) Indian, but completely "Israelified" as a result of the huge amount of Israelis going to India. Look at places like Kalga, where you can't sit quietly for ten minutes without someone shouting "Bom Bolenath" at the top of his lungs from one of the guesthouses, with the rest of the Israelis in the village echoeing. This still seems somewhat acceptable, Kalga being a completely tourist place with maybe two Indian families that wouldn't be there if not for the tourists. Even in Manali and Goa, among other places, the Israeli rudeness and superior attitude, while not justified in any case, can in some way be understood - We are a huge majority there, and the Indians we treat like slaves most of the time are there by choice, to make money off tourism.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT THIS BEHAVIOR IS OK. No way. it's fucked up. But as an Israeli coming to a place where everybody around you is Israeli, you feel like this is a paradise built especially for you - great and cheap drugs, great scenery, food of all kinds (Indian cuisine for those that like, and Israeli cuisine of all kinds for all those who can't stand it), signs in hebrew everywhere, etc. It really looks like someone designed it especially for us.

So what is the wonder that the Israeli attitude, especially when in a large group, can be summed up as "I'm on vacation, everybody around me is Israeli, so all you other tourists can fuck off, and you, Babu, go get me a tola of Malana cream and a huge Shalom Lamalka!!!" ??? (again, so no-one misunderstands me - I don't justify this behavior!)

While all this bothers me, what bothers me the most is the Israeli behavior In holy places, such as Rishikesh an Pushkar. There we can see the worst of the worst. Upon being specifically asked (nicely) to act and dress modest, to not eat meat, eggs, or alcohol, and in general to try and act in accordance with the holiness and general feel of the place - Most Israelis will totally disregard these requests. Shouting in the streets like it's your local marketplace, girls dressed in attire that would suit the beaches of Brazil, Chillums passed around places specifically asking not to smoke, and the only reason most Israelis would even try to get in touch with some of the culture - to try to smoke with a baba, what an honor.

I'm sad that this is the situation, and I wish we Israelis as a group would slap ourselves in the face and try to do something about it. But our problems start at home and not in India, as I said before, and until we change our menatlity in Israel, we'll always be viewed as assholes abroad.

I think I've written enough, although I would love to write about how I fell in love with the Hindu religion, the Indian culture and people, and how I would love to go back and be the best ambassador from Israel that India has ever seen.

Bom, peace and health to you all, in hopes of better days, in India and here in our messed-up homeland.

Dave           "We just got that Volcano lit...

...Gee, I thought Tarzan was set in Africa!"

- 1979 Flashdance, Haltya
bils
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 08:52
hi vagator
Wassup baba
i am writing on this forum after loong. i Mean really long.
For the simple reason i was away was of people backbiting. arguing. insulting cribbing on this forum and now we have taken this sweet attitude overseas as well.. pointng out to our fellow psymates accross the ocean.. Sweeet. We are the best
However your topic does makes sense....butthe cops giving an excuse : ""uknow that is an israeli hotel, why were u stayin there?"
COPS:::: u beilveing the cops our best friends..common gimme a break .
Your room could be robbed even by the people who run the hotels "INDIANS"
Bro even you have interacted with many people from that country and they are really sweet people. But i guess just a few who spoil the same like the same few who exist in india as well.
I just belive its well blanced.
No offences man. but this is my view point.

bOOm!!!

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it!

www.beyondlogic.net
bullet_proof
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 10:20
this is an endless debatable topic..the truth everybody knows about the israeli travelling mafia...but i guess they are like they are ..i have no problems since i am intelligent and aware enuf to judge from a good person from a bad person and its does have to be israeli ppl...althou they are very open about how they are and not very slimy like some others..indians..europeans etc etc,
and on a big happy note..
isra gals are very pretty
cheers
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - Israelis in India
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance