First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Israelis in India

bullet_proof
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 10:22
i mean it does not have to be israeli ppl..
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 11:07
Nice topic
Ok guys lets face it...the israelis come to india...for what...?? To trip basically and feel free...and although all of psytribe feel that they are the part of the tribe and i personally have given them all welcome smiles!!!.......but not all the "indians" feel that ways about them....u know how one feels about a outsider in a country?....
...so if u think about it they are here to enjoy be it goa or manali....

Ask a normal indian this question!!!

and then u ask a raver(indian) in GOA the same question!!!

The answers are going to contradict each other...big time>>>SO I FEEL that indians do not have a good impression about israeli because they know what they do>>>and people Feel good about us is because they do not know what we do.......
           “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 11:17
It all come down to respecting other people and their culture and religion... sorry but just go to any Airport and you'll see that those that complain loudest are Israelis... no offense... I kind of like it... It's fun

But it's not fun when local people aren't being respected.. Then it's rude.

Orbital
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 11:56
C'mon guys lets not turn our face away and say that every nationality has its problem people - we wont be discussing Israilies only then. I've been treated badly in Parvati valley by a group of Israilies who thought they were too cool and so owned the place. In Pushkar, they never respect the local customs, In Goa - As an Indian you've to proove that you are a psyhead before they let you enter the parties... Obviously Israilies come to India because its a free land - In Rome please act like romans.           'The meek aint gonna inherit shit'

“I don’t want to be part of your revolution if I can’t dance.” – Emma Goldman
Ppsygirl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 12:39
haven't been to India but I talked to some people from India that said to me that they are very good friends with the isrelies.... For sure some times when I was abroad and watched how the Israelies act I could say that it's so tippical .... and I grew in Ukraine where the mentality is so different from the Israeli one.... but I tell u one thing .... last summer I lived in Europe and I missed sooo much the Israeli mentality and missed the worm faces; sometimes maybe rude but so warm ... and I don't know about u people (that are from Isarel) but I am very proud of what I am and if I get to travel in India I won't try to stay off from the Israelies because there are so many of us and so different ,everyone from here basicly comes from another colture; u can choose wich one is more suiteble for u ...

The israelies that get stuck in one place and just wan't to chill with the chillum - well what can I say ? its there choise , its their right to make there trip as they want it to be.... we can't judge these people that they are not intrested in the colture it's there own right to smoke in live for 5 month in one place....

About the isareli immage in india I have nothing more to say but for example in Thailand they really like the Isarelies and not very favourite of the Americans ... so in every country its something else...

just live in peace           Follow the Rainbow to.......
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 18, 2005 12:54
Quote:

but I tell u one thing .... last summer I lived in Europe and I missed sooo much the Israeli mentality and missed the worm faces; sometimes maybe rude but so warm ...

ehhh say what? "Rude but so warm" ? How can someone that's being rude to you be warm at the same time? Beats me. Unless that person is hot red and heated in the face from anger?

*this was humor for those that did not get my joke*

Even though I stil dont get the idea of someone being rude yet warm ?
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 13:03
Rude but warm - very simple.
The man can shout very loud at the cafe, can be "disrespectful", but in the same time can help you like you is his brother even if he meets you for the first time.

Makes sense ?           -=Lead System Designer=-
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 18, 2005 13:09
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 13:03, Cyber Punk wrote:
Rude but warm - very simple.
The man can shout very loud at the cafe, can be "disrespectful", but in the same time can help you like you is his brother even if he meets you for the first time.

Makes sense ?

Yes it makes some sense.. Just a weird way of looking at rude people.. rude is rude to me and not associated with any thing to do with warm. Guess it's the culture difference playing it's game here
Ppsygirl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 18, 2005 13:24
Cyber Punk - 100% right

tell u what .... i stayd in the north of England for quite a time a place that called Durham and one day we went to washington and there was such a strong wind the blew one old lady off her feet .... 5 men looked at her and didnt even try to help her ....

i couldn't look at it and came up to her to helped her stand up .... i was walking with a huge folder with me and the wind blew it away and the 5 men just kept on standing a looking.... a felt so bad - i knew that if something like that happend to me in Israel the 5 men would jump right away to help the lady and me ...

few years ago i went with my mom to Paris ....
she fell on the road because someone stepped on her i was only 15 and it was hard for me to lift her up - no one helped ...

these cases have happend to me in isarel and people did help! so u cant only look at the fact that the poeple are a bit rude cus they could be so kind too ....           Follow the Rainbow to.......
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 18, 2005 13:30
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 13:24, Ppsygirl wrote:
Cyber Punk - 100% right

tell u what .... i stayd in the north of England for quite a time a place that called Durham and one day we went to washington and there was such a strong wind the blew one old lady off her feet .... 5 men looked at her and didnt even try to help her ....

i couldn't look at it and came up to her to helped her stand up .... i was walking with a huge folder with me and the wind blew it away and the 5 men just kept on standing a looking.... a felt so bad - i knew that if something like that happend to me in Israel the 5 men would jump right away to help the lady and me ...

few years ago i went with my mom to Paris ....
she fell on the road because someone stepped on her i was only 15 and it was hard for me to lift her up - no one helped ...

these cases have happend to me in isarel and people did help! so u cant only look at the fact that the poeple are a bit rude cus they could be so kind too ....

you generalise a bit too much here
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 14:01
Exactly as you. ;-)           -=Lead System Designer=-
jabba

Posted : Jul 18, 2005 14:54
think about this

1.age group >>> 18~ 25
2.one destination
3.a home away from home
4. locals happy with the tourist economy

and common if you were from a cute small country what would you do if you had all the above constants
in some other big country ?

yes 80% of the people coming from Isra. will behave the way they do and one should learn from their brotherhood>>>>>>> NOw the flip side is that many Indians/foriegners who travel to the same places are afraid to mingle with them coz Isralies are always in a majority but only if there was no fear of rejection one will get closer to them and probably behave the same with them for that while ......................

Yes there are a lot of ISralies who would behave bad i mean real bad but there also are others who are polite and fine by all means and the no. of behaved isralies is increasing is what i feel and it will take time for the others to understand the culture when they are done with drugs and parties and start missing when they go back, so its a process ............ no one can stop it but yes with those who have been here can actually teach others back home how to respect the other country same goes to each traveller to each destination ................

yes occupation makes a difference

and at a small age wud anyone "in this scene" giv a rats ass to who and whats around when all one wants at this age is sex , drugs/booze, parties and loads of fun so its okai ............. nothing stays forever and the attitude of the badly behaved shall also change " i hope and wish for that day "

peace
Ppsygirl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 18, 2005 15:22
HandA - it's the truth .....           Follow the Rainbow to.......
dupdudup

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 17:30
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 12:39, Ppsygirl wrote:
its there choise , its their right to make there trip as they want it to be.... we can't judge these people that they are not intrested in the colture it's there own right to smoke in live for 5 month in one place....

just live in peace

WHOA!! what needs to b highlighted is word RIGHT.

-well what right r u talkin about??the right to rile,jeer and be hostile to indians like me travelling in my own country??
-specially in manali wher they think they own the place, really intriguing...even place like kasol has bcom israeli settlement with restaurants,cyber cafes etc..with signs in hebrew
-what needs to b understood is that the minority bcom a majority and when indians(not necessarily psyheads) end up in such places,they are badly treated
-also the reason they come to the mountains is to enjoy the fruits of harvest..thats the same reason i went there only to find to my dismay that outsiders were tryin to dis me off!!
-was trekking up the mountains for the full moon party,bunch of israelis ask me ,'babu wher are u goin??there is nothing for u up there'
reaction: i burst out laughin.probably they cannot digest the fact that there are indians who can b psy heads as they get used to the servile "babus" who take care of their other needs..
-HOWEVER this does not mean all conform to this sort of behaviour.there are some really nice people specially in goa who do not hav that brand of arrogance and tend to enjoy the place without trying to b overdominant.
-i myself am very thankful to israelis in general as without so many great artistes,psy wud not be wher it is today(although scandinavians/russians wud hav somtin else to say and thats a different topic by itself)
-but the bottom line if u come with peace,u will get it and much more,come with arrogance u will get that as well and much more!!!

bils baba,glad to see u back in action but i think vv has raised a very valid point,somtin that has on the minds of many people and however this is in no way meant to strike a discord amongst these people but to wake up to reality...
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 17:42
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 12:39, Ppsygirl wrote:
The israelies that get stuck in one place and just wan't to chill with the chillum - well what can I say ? its there choise , its their right to make there trip as they want it to be.... we can't judge these people that they are not intrested in the colture it's there own right to smoke in live for 5 month in one place....

Judgments are not passed because they are not interested in our culture. I, being an inqusitive person - would probably like to know some local customs of Israel so I dont go walking around like an idiot or if I want to enter a place of god (mandir)(mosque) - I'd want to know the very first thing to it, and that is to take your shoes off! I've seen many israelis mock and make fun of such religious customs.
We do not expect anyone to visit our country for our culture - but more on the terms of your interest. All we ask for is RESPECT. When you don't get that basic human quality for another person is when you feel people like these shouldn't be allowed to enter at all.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - Israelis in India
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance