First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Israelis in India

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 19:10
are you really arguing with world notions? thats what they are - i didnt say i agree with them or thats how it really is.... why do u try to pick a fight each time man?
its also a world notion that italians make great pasta....
but i really dont wanna go offtopic here... lets stop ok?
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
psychaxe

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 19:56
Peace Shanti,

I have been to some of the 'happening places' in India that are also frequented by Israelis. And I have love and respect for every human race in the planet and think we are all one... we just need to scratch a bit below the surface.

One reason why the Israelis might be perceived this way by locals / other foreigners in India is the language barrier. Most of the lot I have met and chilled out with (God bless them all) prefer to talk Jewish. Also, most of these tourists stick to each other almost all the times, making a tiny Israel of sorts. And as more and more join the gang, the whole ambience of the place becomes Israeli! I dont need to name the places, but quite a few come to mind.

I mean, when I go to get a snack... I get a menu in Jewish! (Never saw french/
german/ japanese menus) and signs all over the place in Jewish. There's one in particular that's stuck across hotels etc. It really perplexed me and I saw it both in Manali and Mcleodganj. If I remember correctly, both times plastered near the bed. And I dont even know what it means!!

No disrespect, but can't we live a bit more like John Lennon preached in 'Imagine'? At least during the holidays? Well, whatever said and done... I love it when we all get together and speak in the common language of the dance-tribe nation. So lets keep doing that!

And yes, you all are always welcome to India. Have a good time. And let others have a good time too. See you here soon.

PLUR.

All is One, Under this Sun.
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 20:11
just one thing psychaxe, our language is called Hebrew
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 20:25
Quote:

On 2005-07-15 19:10, Surrender wrote:
are you really arguing with world notions? thats what they are - i didnt say i agree with them or thats how it really is.... why do u try to pick a fight each time man?
its also a world notion that italians make great pasta....
but i really dont wanna go offtopic here... lets stop ok?

I was not at all trying to argue. i think you misunderstand me if you think that.

I was only answering your reply to my post. And I think you misunderstood what i wrote

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 20:51
Quote:

On 2005-07-15 20:25, HandA wrote:
I was not at all trying to argue. i think you misunderstand me if you think that.
I was only answering your reply to my post. And I think you misunderstood what i wrote

ok then, no harm done. lets move on.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 21:14
Quote:

On 2005-07-15 13:46, Orbital wrote:
I don't want to be rude but I've met some very nice individuals but whenever I've met Israilies in groups - I found them very unfriendly. They seem very insecure

That does not surprise me one bit. What is the psychology of racism anyway? I believe it has to do with something you're either scared/Cant understand/or simply demean the countries culture all together.
One more thing I can think of is it might be the fact that racism gives people a belongiging , a similarity with the mass, an immense sense of power. So how does this all fit in with the current situation here?
Any suggestions?
cosmicrain

Posted : Jul 15, 2005 21:17
2 THINGS I WANNA MAKE CLEAR BEFORE I EXPRESS MY OPINION :
1} RACISM SUCKS...THIS DISCUSSION TRANSCENDS ANYTHING THATS RACIAL AND IS A RELEVANT ISSUE.
2) AS AN INDIAN I KNOW AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ISRAELIS WHO COME TO INDIA ARE CERTAINLY NOT IN THE GOOD BOOKS OF THE PEOPLE HERE.

well ive tried to decipher a lotta times as to why israelis behave the way they do...why smiles are met with grins and why there is a complete lack of trust between the people in india and israeli tourists...psychology tells me its pent up frustration and not only israelis but all humans are a subject of this emotion.AND this certainly does not mean that that they should start disbehaving and disrespecting people in a country that recieves them with open arms..ive friends from other nations like australia,italy and england who come here ,stay with me, party hardcore ,do what they like..BUT ..with a certain amount of respect for people around them .
.the point is that israelis should realise that their image is not favorable ,now a hell lotta people in india acknowledge this fact as is evident from the start of this topic.....this discussion was inevitable sooner or later and its good a healthy debate has been generated.
one has to accept and respect the culture of the place one vists be it india..or any other nation..the "i dont give a fuck" attitude doesn't work everywhere and the sooner most of the israeli tourists acknowledge this fact the better for them...
love...peace ...shantiom
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 21:32

I hate to say it but there is one reason and one reason only for your question why many Israeli's behave in that manner.

The occupation makes u bad. It makes u harden your soul vs. other ppl's suffering. It makes u feel u r elite race, or higher, or more skilled or more gifted. Here it starts.

It ends with some ppl sitting in a coffee shop in India and calling 20 year older waiter that serves them 'Babu' - 'Babu' for those that doesnt know said to lesser in heirarchy and usually younger person, unlike 'Baba' or 'Babaji' said to older person.

Anyone that will fail to see the contact between the occupation and that kind of behaviour is blind.

end of           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
HandA
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 16, 2005 01:30
Quote:

On 2005-07-15 21:32, Yuli wrote:

I hate to say it but there is one reason and one reason only for your question why many Israeli's behave in that manner.

The occupation makes u bad. It makes u harden your soul vs. other ppl's suffering. It makes u feel u r elite race, or higher, or more skilled or more gifted. Here it starts.

It ends with some ppl sitting in a coffee shop in India and calling 20 year older waiter that serves them 'Babu' - 'Babu' for those that doesnt know said to lesser in heirarchy and usually younger person, unlike 'Baba' or 'Babaji' said to older person.

Anyone that will fail to see the contact between the occupation and that kind of behaviour is blind.

end of

I agree 100%
elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 10:55
this is lame.... u cant jus blame israelis coz dey robbed u.....

if it would b an indian.... would u say the same bro??

ull find gud/bad ppl in every fuckin place.... jus hope tht ur lucky...heheh..

!!!!SHANTI!!!!

boom

Dj Psyd
okidanokh

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 14:33
this is my observation....
I think one of the issues here is of majority and minority groups. Fact is, in any place with a highly skewed population distribution of one type of ppl over another, the minority group will automatically feel in focus even if theyre not being focussed on. There have been studies on this that show the token (minority) group will, quite unknowingly to themselves and others, be the victim of some 'perceptual tendencies' and face polarization and exaggeration of differences.
Plus, the tendency for stereotyping is buried deep in the human psyche, and it works on selective memory, which tends to reaffirm the stereotype.

Simply put, Israelis are the overwhelming majority in places like manali, etc. So minority groups will feel their differences more exaggerated, and will feel somewhat awkward even if the Israeli crew doesnt know of their existence. N whatever stereotypes they have for the Israelis, and the Israelis have say for the Indians, will get reaffirmed through VERY selective memory. Of course, this isnt all, and if you do get talking with a group of Israelis, theres always gonna be a few friendly ppl and a few quieter ppl in any group. And, one could go on and on about this ...

The important thing is, as long as u`r chilled n happy n see a potential friend in every person u come across, u wont have a problem.
onalways

Posted : Jul 16, 2005 16:44
bull shit they just come to india to party they dont give a rats ass as to wat ppl feel about them all they care bout is chillums and acid and a pussy if they get any
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 17:23
the occupation hmm yuli
what france did to algeria
and what englend did and what the russion doing in chchnya you talk like we the only and first nation to control other people and ocupied a land
so its very easy to blame things in the occupation

only in israel ladies and gentelmens
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 17:46
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 17:23, psy^soldier wrote:
the occupation hmm yuli
what france did to algeria
and what englend did and what the russion doing in chchnya you talk like we the only and first nation to control other people and ocupied a land
so its very easy to blame things in the occupation

only in israel ladies and gentelmens

Well your examples are too good to understand that occupation of other nations sucks big time and never works into any good.

Russia in Chechnya, France in Algeria well if there is something good in it please let me know but it is again           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 17:59
well if there was a connection should all those countries have people that acts like israelis if the reason is the occupation ?
god know what france did in algeria is far more worse then what we doing in gaza and tul carem
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - Israelis in India
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance