Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Is 2007 the year the CD died?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Is 2007 the year the CD died?

Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Mar 7, 2007 20:49
Transcendentalist said:

Charge less for the entries if you buy a CD at a party... Just a suggestion..... Would work for me.

great idea guys!

www.myspace.com/aliasix
Aida Noridania

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 8, 2007 11:20
Quote:

On 2007-03-06 14:54, Suntrip Records wrote:
I also don't think cds are dying, we sell more and more (ok, maybe that's just because we became a little more known), but on the other hand I feel that alot of young people here in the scene buy ALOT of music

To give an example, there was a party here with 200 people 1 month ago, well, I sold 50 cds there of Suntrip at the entrance, and I could have sold more, but I simply didn't bring more, so 25% of the people bought a cd at that party, not really a small amount!

It is true online sales are growing, but will it ever replace a cd? Artwork, the feeling of the music? NO! For me a copied cd without artwork is useless, I would never listen to it at all... people want it in their hands, or at least most of the people, thats my experience... I did a poll like this some months ago on psynews, and like 80% was pro cd, so I don't think cd will die soon, héhé

well for me it's simple: if a party is nice and you know there is a cd being sold at the entrance... what better souvenir of that good party can you get then a CD?           no situation is stronger then a heart that dares to love
so may the force of life light and love be with you
Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Mar 8, 2007 11:52
It seems to me that in psytrance actually there are many labels, or too many labels and they( took all togethers) aren't filtering anything more, almost everything is being released, excellent stuff, good stuff, medium stuff and also bad stuff.... experimental stuff from good artists, good stuff from good artists, good stuff from new artists, bad stuff from new artist....

there is an ocean of release and it is hard to find a release with just good material...

That's my opinion, so if it is like that, then is quite better if you have everything on the net, you look what you think is good and you buy it online......

So everybody will do he's own personal label....
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 8, 2007 21:46
Each will have his personal rocket.
danet
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 18:23
I prefer to buy the cd's directly from the artist if its possible.
I think its really nice when artists bring cd's.demos etc to parties.
Its allways nice to give people the props they should get in real life instead of writin to them on the internet.
          hypnotica records
http://soundcloud.com/thegrobians
danet
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 18:26
And there is a problem that people dont buy records.
People say they love psytrance but when you are lookin in their record collections all you find is burn cd's.The kids here in stockholm buy clothes instead of records just so they can look cool at the parties.
The only people I know who really buy the records are often dj's.           hypnotica records
http://soundcloud.com/thegrobians
psiwyber
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Mar 15, 2007 15:00
i think the problem lies in music promotion...its not that an average person wouldnt prefer listening to trance...but this scene is so underground..that a normal person would have never even had the oppurtunity to listen to such music..

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Mar 15, 2007 21:15
underground = underpayed
          Its the vibe that matters.
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 15, 2007 21:43
Quote:

On 2007-03-08 11:20, Aida Noridania wrote:
Quote:

I also don't think cds are dying, we sell more and more (ok, maybe that's just because we became a little more known), but on the other hand I feel that alot of young people here in the scene buy ALOT of music

To give an example, there was a party here with 200 people 1 month ago, well, I sold 50 cds there of Suntrip at the entrance, and I could have sold more, but I simply didn't bring more, so 25% of the people bought a cd at that party, not really a small amount!

It is true online sales are growing, but will it ever replace a cd? Artwork, the feeling of the music? NO! For me a copied cd without artwork is useless, I would never listen to it at all... people want it in their hands, or at least most of the people, thats my experience... I did a poll like this some months ago on psynews, and like 80% was pro cd, so I don't think cd will die soon, héhé

well for me it's simple: if a party is nice and you know there is a cd being sold at the entrance... what better souvenir of that good party can you get then a CD?

But then you have to decide... do I buy the CD, or buy two pills for me and my girlfriend?

Suntrip Records
Suntrip Records

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Mar 15, 2007 22:47
Quote:

On 2007-03-15 21:43, rich wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-08 11:20, Aida Noridania wrote:
Quote:

well for me it's simple: if a party is nice and you know there is a cd being sold at the entrance... what better souvenir of that good party can you get then a CD?

But then you have to decide... do I buy the CD, or buy two pills for me and my girlfriend?

Is that a hard choice? A pill works for a few hours... A cd will bring you days and weeks of pure pleasure and memories...
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 00:17
Quote:

On 2007-03-13 18:23, danet wrote:
I prefer to buy the cd's directly from the artist if its possible.
I think its really nice when artists bring cd's.demos etc to parties.
Its allways nice to give people the props they should get in real life instead of writin to them on the internet.

u bought mine heheh

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 00:48
Quote:

On 2007-03-15 22:47, Suntrip Records wrote:
Quote:

Is that a hard choice? A pill works for a few hours... A cd will bring you days and weeks of pure pleasure and memories...

It was a joke, homeboy.

About the topic, now that I have an iPod (thank you Yahoo for the 80gig gift) I'm finding that CDs are less and less necessary. Except of course when I need to play them at a party. So I store music on the ipod and burn tracks to disc as needed. Plus I can have the cover art on there as well.
Only drawback is when playing the ipod through the tape adapter the sound quality sucks big time.
Naginalf

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 04:26
mm...brainwaves I say!

brainwaves damnit!

just joking
----
in reply to the admissions and cd topic -

the sales of shirts, stickers and other merchandise can help cut the price of cds and entry tickets.

a few of the fund raisers i've hosted i did just that. and worked fantastically. with one of the fund raisers i hosted i offered free admissions and a free cd, with that, people had a great time and wanted to remember the event so they bought shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, pens, what not. i made more money that night than at any other fund raisers i did before.
          http://www.myspace.com/earthspassion
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 13:06
Quote:

On 2007-03-16 00:48, rich wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-15 22:47, Suntrip Records wrote:
Quote:

It was a joke, homeboy.

haha Rich, maybe I'm the one getting it wrong this time. But come on, I believe Anapolis understood that perfectly well. He was more agreeing with you then disagreeing with you .. On the topic, I don't want CD's to die out, not yet, not before 2012.But as evolution goes in it's many confused directions. Everything must come to an end sometime. I personally just find mp3's to be a sad turn. But maybe it's a good turn when looked at in the bigger picture. What the bigger picture is, go figure ^^

I prefer to have a discman, but since it's proken and one can't find any decent players around anymore, I use my iPod as well. And ye Rich, the cover art ect is a brilliant move by Apple, makes it ALMOST feel like you got a CD, lol.
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 18, 2007 00:33
the change for good starts from 'U'           -=DIGITAL OM PRODUCTIONS=-
=-MOUNTAIN MADNESS NEPAL-=
>< we follow and preach ><
--=UNIVERSAL RELIGION=--
http://www.urnepal.com | http://www.digitalomproductions.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Is 2007 the year the CD died?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance