Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Is 2007 the year the CD died?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Is 2007 the year the CD died?

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 28, 2007 16:50
I think this quote is important, especially since the topic is "psychedelic trance music".

...... and don't have a financial interest in the music

This is not a scene for money, this scene should be about everthing but money.

vegetal
Vegetal/Peacespect

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Feb 28, 2007 19:42
Quote:

On 2007-02-28 15:57, DETOX wrote:
Now about Vegetal links and ironic comment.Mate you obviously are not much into the video games industry otherwise you wouldn't pop up with links dating since April 2004 to show us the increase in sales of video games back then,or about the increase in sales of an outlet of Virgin Megastores or even worst with a link showing the increase of video games sales from 1995 till 2005.

Into the industry? you don´t need to be a damn rocket scientist to notice that the videogame market is flourishing like never before, ever heard the term MMORPG or WOW,Everquest just to mention a few, ohh yeah sorry your the l33t HaXX0r here so yeah you know all about the gaming industry i guess even thou you haven´t presented anything that would strenghen your previous statement.

And i don´t really see the problem here...... you claimed sales to drop worse than the cds?!?!?!?
I proved thats not the case here which only proves that i wtfpwned you N00b ass .

Ohh sorry where is my manners, you want more numbers? here´s some from 2006:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166199.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatured&tag=featurednews;title;1
http://www.latimes.com/technology/consumer/gamers/la-fi-games13jan13,1,6908018.story?coll=la-business-games&ctrack=1&cset=true

Are you pleased yet or can we maybe fit some more of my rabbits into your black hole of death?

Quote:

Back in 2004 ADSL was not accessible to a lot of people all around the planet and no need to comment on the fact that since 1995 the sales of video games are rising,i mean what did you expected the sales to drop?Back in 1995 in order to buy a computer you should be a fucking genious and a rich guy and internet was more or less unknown to the majority of people out there,back then we were still playing games with Amiga 500 and Gameboy and Sega Master System,these years passed,people became more familliar with computers and the internet and video games and the prices have fallen dramatically so everyone can have access to them in our days,i don´t know about your age but in order to buy a video game back in 1995 my dad had to spend 500-600 Euros which was a hell lot of a money for that time,he almost had a heart attack when he bought me a Sega Master System back then and when i had a Game Boy in Greece the kids where looking me like a fucking alien dealing with space programs,today one video game console is getting released after another and people know who The Sims are and what Grand Theft Auto is,back then only the priviled ones had the access to video games,internet and computers.

Your point Ms.Hilton?

Quote:

I can find 1000 links on the net concerning sales falling and you can find 1000 links concerning the sales rising depending who and why wrote the article.

Well plix post me some links
Gief fact plix

Quote:

There is no better information though than speaking with your friends and internet buddies concerning their buying habits and i am talking with a lot of people everyday from all around the world and very very few of them buy original music/movies/video games or whatever.

I don´t think that your circle of "friends" are enough to the amount to impact the worlds consumption of videogames or whatever sorry.
The majority of my friends buy ALOT of cd/vinyl but i can´t still see the results on the statistics, i guess you have many more "friends" than me

So please present me some facts and i hope you understand me if i say -spare me the shit stained rabbits i beg you.           Demand recognition for the Armenian genocide 1915
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/
http://www.myspace.com/vegetalmusic
http://www.checkpoint-music.com/
thegooddale
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 28, 2007 20:44
Quote:

On 2007-02-26 21:51, mouka wrote:
What do you think as a music lover consumer, an artist or label owner about this? The fact is that cd sales will decline even more this year. Most of the labels don't sell over 300 copies of their releases. I don't want to debate about the money side of this but about the creative/cultural consequences.

"People shoot MANY MORE digital photos than they ever did film ones. People will own MUCH more music than they did in the physical era". This is good or not?

Labels will slowly disappear and who will perform the main function of a label: FILTERING?

300 is a very tough number to deal with... When the average party in _____ city has more attendees than a label can sell copies of a cd worldwide it is a very bad thing for the scene. That being said, I think we could look at the marketing strategies and avenues that are currently being taken and figure out some possible solutions. I come from a background in the underground hardcore punk/ crust scene and I definitely see quite a few similarities in this scene and that. Most of the music sales in that scene are done hand to hand at the shows or through independent distributors(much like Saikosounds or psyshop). I think that a method not yet used to it's fullest is the selling of music and merchandise at shows/parties. We have a guy here in Austin who sets up a booth at every party and he does well sometimes and not so well others. I don't think that this is going to solve the problem at all, but I kind of like the idea of limited releases. With nice packaging and that are individually numbered. There's another topic in itself, the lack of packaging in psytrance cd's... We need some packaging like these guys do for the psytrance cd's... http://www.pusfan.com/bs.htm
mouka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 28, 2007 20:47
Enough bashing here I think this is getting very silly, stop this now!
I started this topic because I want to know your opinion about the future of the CD and not about sales figures and all that stuff. Also not about adsl & illegal downloading. Just your idea about how we will buy our music when the music labels don't sell cd's anymore.
So from my point of view as a label manager I am getting all the released music out in digital shops like Cytopia, Beatsdigital and Trackitdown. I still love to buy cd's to support a label & their artists, but when a label disappear how can I still buy music?
          www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-records.com
thegooddale
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 28, 2007 20:55
Quote:

On 2007-02-28 20:47, mouka wrote:
So from my point of view as a label manager I am getting all the released music out in digital shops like Cytopia, Beatsdigital and Trackitdown. I still love to buy cd's to support a label & their artists, but when a label disappear how can I still buy music?

I really hate the thought of it coming to this. If this is the only way I can buy music than so be it, I will use it, but I really don't care for it at all... I like having a nice package come in the mail with a bundle of new cds full of(2 page inserts unfortunately) artwork and at least a minimal amount of information. I think I will refer back to my previous post about packaging. Make the releases something a bit more special to have, If you are just selling a piece of plastic with some tracks on it, a tracklist, and some trippy fractal image then I guess what's the difference in whether you obtain it online and burn it or wait for it to come in the mail and pay shipping and handling...
dija
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 00:13
People who want to make money on their psy music obviously are not interested in the money. However, you must realize that it is very important that an artist be able to support himself on his music almost completely. If you hold a 40 hour a week job, there is no way you can invest adequate time into playing live, and producing new quality material. At that rate you would be lucky to complete 1 song per month. Creativity is also hindered greatly when you are at work and you have no way to get your new idea down. Music comes in waves and you have to be able to act on the waves when they come. So what I am saying is this: People who want to make money on psy just want to do so to have the time to make more psy.
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 00:33
Having to produce a certain amount of tracks each month that you need to be sure that the labels and audience will like if you want to pay your rent is hardly a recipe for creativity either.
I seen personally known quite a few artists totally killing their lust for music making that way, while the people who have it as a hobby or side income usually keep going strong and stay true to their creative vision year after year.
          (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
dija
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 02:46
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 00:33, Spindrift wrote:
Having to produce a certain amount of tracks each month that you need to be sure that the labels and audience will like if you want to pay your rent is hardly a recipe for creativity either.
I seen personally known quite a few artists totally killing their lust for music making that way, while the people who have it as a hobby or side income usually keep going strong and stay true to their creative vision year after year.

I can agree with you there somewhat. I think my statements hold true also. So it leads me to believe there is a balance to be maintained. Perhaps produce some commercial tracks and some good stuff. Or like someone else mentioned work part time
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 07:09
give me lossless, DRM-free, affordable downloads and I will buy like crazy. I will be so generous. it's high time - 2007!

Until then my CD buying has been limited to only the classics and true keepers...

volvox box 2
Infect Insect
Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 16:53
why dont pop cds die?
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 17:21
yes i agree wid u dude
i have been trying to buy a discman for the last 4 weeks havent found any other than the crappy chinese ones....only mp3 players and ipods are available easily now
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 1, 2007 17:49
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 17:21, doughcherry wrote:
yes i agree wid u dude
i have been trying to buy a discman for the last 4 weeks havent found any other than the crappy chinese ones....only mp3 players and ipods are available easily now

Lol, yeah man, been struggling with the same. My Discman broke 6 + months ago, and since then I've been looking in local electro shops for a good Sony or something Discman-player. Nothing, only ones that I can find are cheap Chinese ones. And now I'm stuck using my iPod, lol .. Luxus problem I guess. But there's something special about having a Discman, only listening to one CD at the time. Of course, I do enjoy my iPod more and more as I get used to the thought of it, and to shuffle all your tracks is nice. But damn, Discman is such a nice thing. Maybe I should just rip my self away from the past and embrace the future while living in the present.

Aida Noridania

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 1, 2007 22:24
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 16:53, volvox box 2 wrote:
why dont pop cds die?

cause they use decent promotion and their cd is easy to find? which is another question when it comes in finding 1 copy of just 300 Cd releases

to me it is simple you hear a good track and want it... what is the fastest way for many people? pop Cd's are made by thousands (and all the lobbying by the labels) so that at any shop you find it and can buy it... psytrance is released by hundred at a few times for a people of millions throughout the world.... if people don't know where they got to look and need to plunge into sites and threads to find it... ain't that a bit contradictory?

my go is make it more easy to buy the cd's and then you will see that more people buy them then first thought

simple example: Uni - LA movin'

WONDERFULL CD!!! yet only 2 available here in belgium... my friend bought it i heard it i wanted to buy it too... too bad the other cd was already sold and it's not produced anymore... what else is then left over to enjoy the music??? (rip cd convert to mp3)

i see a huge discrepancy between buying online and possibilities...

not all users and potential buyers have credit cards, though it looks like nobody cares if i run to a store for the CD

many stores don't place orders anymore (get it on psyshop well duh i can't why you think i ask to order it???)

it are all those contradictions and all those "catches behind the net that makes you then go for the last resort: rip the cd from a friend

think about that... it's like in time recording the CD or LP on casette and give it... in the end you ended up by having both the CD as back then you could order it in shops...

now with the internet this is not always possible anymore (some luckyly still do it!)

but don't underestimate the impact of this trend!
          no situation is stronger then a heart that dares to love
so may the force of life light and love be with you
mouka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 11:18
Well I think pop cd's are dying, the fact is that none of the big labels have an active digital distribution. More & more pop stars sign contratcs with small labels again because of the killing contracts the big labels have. The big labels will for sure die within the next 2-3 years.

Back to psytrance & chill/ambient, I really do think that one way to keep the cd for a while is pressing limited releases upto
300 pcs. maximum and also cut out distribution. This way the costs are covered and the music still gets to the people.           www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-records.com
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 2, 2007 11:24
I've asked this question before. To save the sales, why not reduce the prices of CD's? It's been the same price for 10 years now. I bet the industry would sell a lot more CD's if they would just reduce the price. - I think it was Colin who posted a pie-cake to show who takes what profit ect as an answer to my question in another thread concerning much the same question/issue.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Is 2007 the year the CD died?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance