Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Im The SuprVisor {BNE/Yoyo 2004}

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected Mushroom - Im The SuprVisor {BNE/Yoyo 2004}

Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 10:49
Hmm this is my first review I think.. U wont gonna see here pro writing hehe..
And sorry about my spelling mistakes & my not really pro English. hehe

Infected Mushroom - Im The SuperVisor {BNE/Hommega, 2004}

1.Im The SuperVisor
2.Ratio Shmatio
3.Muse Breaks
4.Medduz
5.Citis Of The Future
6.Horus The Chorus
7.Frog Machine
8.Noon
9.Bombat
10.Stretched

ok lets start

1.Im The Supervisor - The Track start with really nice atmosphere and than this piano enter very coolio.. i like this Intro.. 0:50 the sample arrive.. well its not really attached to the intro of the track to my opinion.. but wellits nice. kick and bass enter sound reallt good now.. 1:20 some nice fx in the background..
1:32.. well this is the spot the this track dead. boring kick& base, lame CV style fx..
2:18 its come just louder.. boring boringgggg. its continue until 4:40 there.. and than come disco rythem.. with "dance with me" lyrics.. what should I think? hehe.
snare going up and up and boom, kick, bass, dance with me, strange fx..
well its nice. not more.
6:40 again disco style now with "Im the supervisa, can i get ur taxi namba'" lyrics. its stopped.. and thean come again this ugly/boring effect and enter with kick & base..

BORING.
i give it 6.5/10.

2.Ratio Shmatio - well this is probably the most melodic track in this album.just by the base line u can see its going to be melodic..
1:30, nicy fx in the background... 1:48 fx going down and come up melody or something hehe 2:12 some piano touches come in.. i kinda like this..
2:47 next part is here.. kik, bass, atmosphere-melody in the background. brake in 3:13 now its just the melody and some piano touches.. another melody going up.. with snares and in 3:45
its blows with kik and some beat hackers's like effects.. again, another melody going up..really morning one.. happy happy..
its continue till 5:20 and than there is some kik bass and strange-not-effectiv FX. well the track is over..

7/10

3.Muse Brakes RMX - well this rmx to J.Views (half of VV) track..
starts with really beautiful and emotional synth..
0:32 some Reggae singing comes.. u can see where this track going to..
1:00 kick & base and some hi hat enters.. dont like the base line.. and for me if the base line isnt good i dont really like the track.
some cool FX in the background..1:43 other FX replace the old FX.. hehe sound empty..
brake come in 2:58 with girl singing.. have not idea what she saying but i like the tune of it.. could be very nicy song..
3:31 reggae singing replace it, some snare going up and the entrance come with this sing.. dont like at all.
4:53 brake, the singing is fade out.. and some infected FX going up with snares and party party hehe.. well this is the end of the track i guess..
there is 1 min outro to this track with the synth from the begining and the girl-singing.. well its beautiful, but not for this track. I really wanna hear the original track.

7/10

4.Medduz - this one probably the most "old fashion" track in here..
start with funny fx like infected love to do.. and effect come.. some hi hat.. and here is the kik & base.. really nicy base line. some fx and hi hat join later.. sound cool.
1:20 the fx & hi hat going down and other base line coming in.. nice. again some fx & hi hat coming in.. more effects join later.. really remind the old infected stuff, no like classical mushroom, more like the older stuff.. i like it.
2:26 brake and some weird sytnh in the background and coolio infectd synth going up and enters.. nice momoent hehe..
4:10 after the last part over, now its kik bas hi hat and nicy fx.. its continue till 4:45 and then brake and comes really heavy violin stuff hehe. like a concert.
now coming giutar on those violin with the same melody.. and enter with kik bas and all the friends hehe.. thats all i think..

8/10

5.Cities Of The Future - The well known track.. I think enough said about it. so I'll skip.

7/10

6.Horus The Chorus - Start with CV (converting Vegeterians) fx... its too commonplace.
few hi hat.. and in 0:40 come the line.. hmm.. nicy base line. too regular..
till 1:40 nothing special.. than comes some effects.. Chorus effects.. but again, like in all the trax will now something missing, and this track is the best example of it.
2:05 the fx going down, and comes some serius bells hehe.. kik bas hi hat and bells. boring.
2:33 bells & hi hat down.. there is a melody going up.. sound very cool melody.. snares comes.. 3:13 brake, just the melody stays.. with few fx that join..
than some hi hat.. until 3:57 and than just kik bass and hi hat come in.. than some CV fx.. than some more Chorus effects join.. all this stopped in 5:00.
now just bells with thos boring effects.. 5:28 bells & fx down, melody going up.. the same melody that was in the middle of the track..
now its up with more dist and power.. and its enter in 6:20. well its nice melody. but overall this part sound FUCKIN EMPTY. why there is NOTHING in the background ??!?
too bad.. it could be very strong part.. well its the end..

6.5/10.

7.Frog Machine - starts with werid FX.. kick & bass enter really fast in this track..
1:00 some infected fx in the background, 1:20 nicy melody comes in, very spontaneous i must to say.. but really cool i like it.
1:47 Melody goes down and in 2:07 enter some weird sound and than come noise snares ? dont like it.. its end in 2:35 and comes some synth in the background..
3:05 brake.. just the synths now.. 3:14 another synth comes.. snares going up..and its all blows and thos synths is being a melody, and again snares going up and all enter.. not my cup of tea
than some screams comes in the background.. itd duvdev ? hehe whos care.. the track in the end and i didnt hear something SPECIAL !

6.5/10

8.Noon - Well sorry i even cant listen to this track. too fuckin boring to me.
i just can say its not melodic one, its all have some werid fx.. and strange synth.
no direction, no nothing.

5/10

9.Bombat - probably the best Trance track here..
Starts with nicy fx-melody some phaser.. pad comes in the background..
0:57 the line enter.. full on base line hehe sound energetic.. some CV fx.. again the pad comes...
2:15 the fx-melo from the begining is here with kick and bass.. few fx join.. and break.
2:45, melody going up.. crazy one. the melody continue until 4:02.. but it has some changes in it... good part it was.
now its just kik base and hi hat.. A CV fx join.. crazy one.. very nice.. some vocal fx now..
5:10 its over, now kick base and hi hat.. and another melody comes. this one is not crazy at all.. hehe its "home melody"
some fx join in the backgrond.. 6:15 break, kick base and hi hat are down.. and the melody from the middle comes up from no-where and blowsss hehe.
good track.

8.5/10.

10.Stretched - A freestyle track.. Infected never let me down in thier freestyle stuff.. and the continue with that hehe
start with weird fx.. snare come.. 0:32 now its just a beautiful effect/synth i dont know what is that.
0:40 the beats enters.. groove rythem.. 0:56 some noisy fx now.. 1:14 the noisy fx off, now nicy pads.. 1:28 guitar (or synth that really sound like guitar) comes.. ohhh this is beautiful !1
I don care if this part will continue even 10 min hehe so good !
2:32 guitar over now this noisy effect that sound like heavy guitar.. and than join some voice.. duvdev ? hehe buy really great voices !!
3:52, now its just the beats with bass and piano melody and pads.. until 4:23 and than come some serius guitar {again, dont know if its real guitars..} but its sound so fuckin good !~!@~
until 4:57 than come again the noisy effects.. but its very fast going down, and in 5:03 come up nicy melody.. thats flow with the beats and the bassline.. later join the beautiful effect/synth from the begining.. very coolio.
well its the end... kiler one

9/10.

Well, this is the 5th album of Infected. Im sure some of u really gonna love it, and the other will be disappointed like me..
most of the trax are empty, with the same fx..
Infected can make MUCH better.

..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Kimotor

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 12:08
not bad as the trance cd in CV

all i can hear is loud kick and loud bass few silly synth and very stupid vocals

most of the tracks are simply boring and empty

frog machine & Ratio Shmatio are nice tracks nothing more... Stretched is great.

as sputer bluter said : "most of the trax are empty, with the same fx.. "
that's it.

empty review for empty album
but one thing i have to say to mr and Mrs infected: the loud kick just take out the power between the whole composition which is sucks. LOUDER DOESN'T MEAN BETTER !!!
          soccer, girls, music... the good life
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 13:50
i agree
the old infected tracks were so fat with so much layers and they were very complex... this one is too minimal

but streched is another story.. it's an excellent track.           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
kenny

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 14:02
As somebody said on a danish trance site, Infected Mushroom sounds more and more like Eiffel65

I must admit, I only listened through this once, and skipped through most of the vocals.. This is just a big no-go for me. But IM lovers who liked CV will probably be satisfied with this album.

To the review.. how can you give the album 9/10 when the track rating is from 5-8 and you find the album dissapointing. That makes no sence to me!

PLUR!
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 14:22
Quote:

On 2004-09-22 14:02, kenny wrote:
As somebody said on a danish trance site, Infected Mushroom sounds more and more like Eiffel65

I must admit, I only listened through this once, and skipped through most of the vocals.. This is just a big no-go for me. But IM lovers who liked CV will probably be satisfied with this album.

To the review.. how can you give the album 9/10 when the track rating is from 5-8 and you find the album dissapointing. That makes no sence to me!

PLUR!

It's the last track Kenny ,

Guys I think the album is quite good, then again I’m not a big infected fan, but I also quite liked CV's trance side. In today’s full-on world (better then 9/10 of the full on releases today) this is a HIGH-quality release. I listen to mostly progressive and quite like infected’s more minimalistic style, the style that they portrayed here for instance.
8.5/10.
A RECOMMENDED album for a FULL-ON lover.
          "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 15:24
Imo, Infected has lost everything 'Infected' about them... now they are just 'Ordinary Mushroom'. And how fun are those? Not funny at all...
          Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
AhmedTaburov
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 15:26
8/10 (The "poster" is cool)
          ===>
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 17:01
nice album art. exept of that, nothing much I can say positive about the cd.

One track worth mentioning is Ratio Shmatio. at 2.46 I start to get dizzy. at 4.25 I am unlocked, set free and my body feels all weird. I hope some will understand what I mean. The melody is unbeliavable in the middle of the track. This is my taste of psytrance.

I think IM is still cabaple of producing tracks as nice as this, but it just doesnt want to. they decide to appeal to the masses and the cost was their music.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
kenny

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 19:49
Quote:

On 2004-09-22 14:22, The Green Channel wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-09-22 14:02, kenny wrote:

PLUR!

It's the last track Kenny

Well, now i don't feel blind and retardet!
keebota
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 20:25
hey guys,

at first i not agree with the most comments here ... i think its one of best(maybe the best) album this year ....

the tracks are on a perfect production level and every track is on an other way ...i think all tracks hit the floor and got the right specialness to be a classic one ...

for me infected mushroom are real composer not only normal producer...they got a very special style and show us their knowledge with this album ...

i give this album a 10/10 rating !!!!

i think i love all tracks and hope to hear them many times on all dancefloors around the world !!!

keep it up infected guys i love your style !

nice greets from germany stay tuned bye tom

Sektor666
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 21:16
some of you know that me is most critisizing user of this forum .... also i review newbies music all the time
in quality mode ....so here are my words for those who care......

those who not enjoy emptyness should listen to "drill music" and not IM .....

i don't care if it is pop , dance or hip hop ..... it produced perfecly from sound design or music layout aspect ....i don't remember when the last time i've heard something so musicly correct and well tuned....

i give it 10/10 (in psy scene) , i don't like new Infected style since BP Empire ...but their production kick ass i wish 5% of musicians in our scene had the same ...(but i see only Shpongle and IM)

i don't have an album at home but i like the most track with Reggie guy and acid melodies ... number two or three if i'm not mistaken...

cool CD
totems

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 22:45
quality is very good ,maybe too good and this become sucks and ugly because it is too clean. and it lose curiosity
anyway fuck quality, where is the soul...where is the power...

not something... but nice
ohadze

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 22:54
Here Is My Rating:
1.Im The SuperVisor -6/10 Slow And Boring.
2.Ratio Shmatio - 9/10
3.Muse Breaks -9.5/10
4.Medduz -9/10
5.Citis Of The Future - 8/10
6.Horus The Chorus - 10/10 ! ! The best track!!!! The Old Style...dancefloor track
7.Frog Machine - 9/10
8.Noon -8/10
9.Bombat - 9.5/10
10.Stretched -8.5/10

Album Rating - 9-9.5/10
I Think The Best Album Of This Year!!!
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 23:43
Quote:

On 2004-09-22 22:45, totems wrote:
quality is very good ,maybe too good and this become sucks and ugly because it is too clean. and it lose curiosity
anyway fuck quality, where is the soul...where is the power...

not something... but nice

ya ! that what i think about IM since Converting Vegetarians           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 23:51
M-A-ZING ALBUM. I dont know what u tolking about. every IM album is different and thets what is gr8 about them.
(any way b.p.empire is the best album)           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Im The SuprVisor {BNE/Yoyo 2004}

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance