Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Im The SuprVisor {BNE/Yoyo 2004}
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected Mushroom - Im The SuprVisor {BNE/Yoyo 2004}

Wonderland Keeper

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 4, 2004 15:53
As many of you said, old IM was more better than these one, if they had an style of great tracks without loud kicks, keep on going with that and don't try to start making tracks with a louder kicks and less imagination. Anyway IM isn't my style, both old and new.           ::: Let's all find our way to realize the greatness of the universe...
yeti

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 4, 2004 16:34
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 15:38, Master Main wrote:

11. Bonus track - Infected Mushroom - Sailing in the sea of mushrooms (Ultravoice Rmx] good rmix from ultrac voice.. a blaster rmix...good work....

which version is this album? is this the UK special edition?            - The yeti loves to drink shnaps too, so he's like a real shaman... he, uhm, uh, if you want to contact him, you have to put some alcoholic offerings in front of the forest.
orianer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 4, 2004 17:11
BOOM - they are back on track
the new album reminded me the old good music which the trance world is based on.
my fav - 2,4,6 - 9 is a BomB
The mythology infected mushroom - welcome back.
          PsYcHeDeLiC music!!!! -==-=--==
HaVe FuN - PeAcE!!

Mobile 0542388566
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 4, 2004 20:07
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 16:34, yeti wrote:
Quote:

11. Bonus track - Infected Mushroom - Sailing in the sea of mushrooms (Ultravoice Rmx] good rmix from ultrac voice.. a blaster rmix...good work....

which version is this album? is this the UK special edition?

The FTP version (bandwidth limited edition)           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 4, 2004 20:21
LOOOL           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Xtc's

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 4, 2004 20:43
lets make some conclusion here.
1-this album is the best released of the year, not the best from Im.
2-they're always improving their sound and their production is top notch
3-they dont stuck in the same style, they always are proving new ways and that is what make them differents and originals.
4They rock and they are and always be the masters! and fuck of the who said that dont!!!!
--==AMEN==--
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 5, 2004 03:27
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 20:07, Pavel wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The FTP version (bandwidth limited edition)

LMAO. Now that is fucking funny!
Avi-Ultravoice
Ultravoice

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 5, 2004 06:08
the rmx of ultravoice its ultravoice vs kyo log
kakha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 5, 2004 06:26
good album. really they come up with new new style with every their new album, and i agree it's demanding a lot of talent.
but my favorit one is "clasical mushroom".
what can i say i'm an old fashion guy and love clasical mush.
everthough the new style sounds good specially traxs 2,6 .
keep on raving.
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 5, 2004 12:38
Ynet review (in hebrew)
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-2982764,00.html
yeti

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 5, 2004 12:42
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 20:07, Pavel wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The FTP version (bandwidth limited edition)

haha.... nice one m8            - The yeti loves to drink shnaps too, so he's like a real shaman... he, uhm, uh, if you want to contact him, you have to put some alcoholic offerings in front of the forest.
moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 6, 2004 11:31
Well first of all, I must admit in all objectivity that I never was a fan of IM's music... from The Gathering to Converting Vegetarians, I just never "got" their music.

So with that said, I didn't like this at all!! It has... VOCALS!!! It actually sounds more like some underground pop (if such a thing exists...) than psytrance.

The title track IM the Supervisor has a voice similar to Ferddy Mercury's in Another One Bites the Dust saying "come on come on dance with me"... need I say how incerdibly cheezy it sounds?

Ratio Shmatio sounds a bit more like psy... there is a nice uplifting melody near the end but it turns a little too cheezy for my tastes. Still, this could make a good effect in a properly-constructed morning set.

Muse Breaks has some female singing, followed by some raga, followed by Duvdev rapping in a vocorder... For some reason this reminded me of an early 90s eurodance track Leyla K - Open Sesame . During Duvdev's rapping I couldn't help "superposing" Leyla K's rapping ("Abracradabra me say open sesame"). Maybe it just me... anyway, the track has a killer minute and a half near the end, with screaming 303s... but that's not enough to save the track IMO... still, thumbs up for reminding me that Leyla K track

Meduzz is wierd, it has a classical music part à la Synsun and then it turns into a guitar melody... still I wouldn't consider this good. But I think that fans of IM's "typical" stuff will like it.

Cities of the Future is one that a lot of you probably know already since it was released as an EP earlier this year. What can I say, music with lyrics like "We're gonna run run run to the cities of the future/ Take what we can and bring it back home/ So take me now to the cities of the future/ Everybody's happy and I'm feeling home" just can't be good. Still, if you were to consider this as a pop track and not a psy track, I'd like it a lot

Horus The Chorus goes back to some actual psy. It kindof winds in between dark and happy trance. This is my fave track of the album, it has a really killer climax, I'm sure it will make a lot of people go mad on the dancefloor

Frog Machine goes again into cheezy-almost-pop territory. It almost sounds like some kind of videogame music. Good for 12 year-old kids but... the track has a few interesting moments, but again not enough to save the whole track IMO...

Noon sounds more like some progressive eurotrance. It has a nice hypnotic 303 line, it's simplistic but at the same time reminds me older trance... then it turns totally random in the last mintues, wasting the whole "hypnotized" feeling...

Bombat has the typical IM melodies... the kind of melodies I dont like. So again, if you like older IM stuff then you'll probably like this. Personally it's never been my cup of tea.

Streched is a funky downtempo track. Again, it reminds me older downtempo stuff from the early 90s. Some might say it's cheezy but I like it The first part somehow reminded me of Dance 2 Trance - Hello San Francisco and that still is one of my top trance tracks of all time. Then it turns into some late 80's industrial which is followed by an interesting female voice singing... Could it actually be Bjork ??? anyway, it's very much in her style. Then there's a piano tune, followed by some more guitarish 303s and then it turns more trancy... what a trip!!! Maaaan if there was an album full of tracks like this one!!!

Conclusion Basically there are only 2 tracks I really like: Horus the Corus and the downtempo track Streched . The rest sounds more like a crossover of pop and nitzhonot than actual psytrance... I'm sure kids will love it As for me... 4/10
On the other hand I never was a big fan of IM so maybe it you are you'll rate this higher.
john_c
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Oct 8, 2004 06:34
Well when I heard this album 2 weeks ago, I knew there would be controversy over this one. Here's my 2 cents:

IM cannot release another Classical Mushroom album. THey took that sound as FAR as it could go. Theres a couple of classical mushroom sounding songs on this but overall its a brand new direction. I can see how psy purists are disappointed. However, if you listen to other forms of Electronic Dance music, not just Psy, you would see this album is GENIUS. YES genius! Very few artists can pack so much energy in minimal songs. The basslines destroy you, especially in a club! Go see IM live and you will appreciate this album a lot more. Open your minds. YES the old IM is gone, but try to open up to new sounds. THis album is UNREAL, its just that good. And at the very least, its much better than CV.

ALSO, if you are DYING for the Classical Mushroom sound, go get MISTED MUPPET - FROM THE LEGEND. You will not be disappointed!
Pierrö

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 8, 2004 11:27
Yeahhh !!!!

Infected are back with a killer prod. This album is one of my favorite album of them.
All the tracks are well produces with a quality of production and the Special Touch Of Infected Mushroom's Guys.
For sure Erez & Duvdev are the kings in Psyworld, IM The Supervisor is another proof of their big talent !
My fav track is Bombat, killer bassline, good melody, the real inected touch !
Really big and good album ...

Best tracks for me: 1,3,4,5,6,9,10
shaygobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 11, 2004 13:26
i beeen shket whan i hard this album ,,,, this 2 guys suprisss mee agin ,,,, it whas reall not expted from them
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Im The SuprVisor {BNE/Yoyo 2004}
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance