First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goa . 1995-2005.Review

dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Started Topics :  18
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 13:18
Hmm..guys....if you read my topic attentively,you can notice that I absolutely not blaiming Goan Governement,but the Civilization and People from other world invaded Goa last years.
Also I am not really complaining,I just give the facts.I love Goa,I live there and I will come back always whatever.
Also,as many of us known,in the place like Goa,the lows not meaning so much,specially that the relations between party people and Officials are always based on bakshish,so for sure we had the parties all this years.Less of them,but always.Exept the situations as Jan2005-2 months no proper parties,but ,sure people were blasting.It is impossible to prohibit to Goa people to have a parties,sure,the way will be found
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 13:32
2 Neville Born:Goa is a special place-you need to be just in a right place in the right time.
Also,is good to know the situations (they are act. change each year)
Shore Bar was always ( after 2000.Before was really good family after fleamarket parties) sweaty place,over packed with belly english tourists.Thats why from 2000 you dont see Goa people coming to this place at all.Also no good djs play this time of party
Hilltop,hmm...I am sure you was in the New Year night,and for sure this night till the first night is really disgusting and ugly.
Goan people celebration.Fire water and al aboregeen things
Thats why,as well,party people this night till the sunrise or staying in the small parties in the houses,or max.- Disco Valley.
Total situation is change at the first light.All drunkers run home,and the crowd is totally changed-next 36 hours HillTop belongs to freaks,and,beleive me,the energy on this party (Crystmas,and spcl New year)is hossom,and not less powerfull than on Solipse,or wherever.
I am sorry that you got this kind of experience from Goa.The good advise is only one-come and stay long.You ll get everything.Othervise---vzzzz----miss a place,moment,time.
Aslo,good parties in the mountains stopped around 98-99.After this is only crap with 40 ppl and small speakers.
One of the best parties in my life I was in Banara side-4 hours walk from Manali.Killer.1000 seripus acid freaks,super djs,beautifu place.
As I wrote in my first topic,the energy is inside the people.If noone wnat to put the energy inside the party,other people dont want to spend it to go somwhere far,or stay in the mountains(or whatever trough the night),lalala,tratata.Nothing will happen.
And,as I said,I donno what happened with all this enthusiasts.(Read 1st topic)
Neville Bone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 13:42
As I said dj XP I would love to experiece the Goa experience after all that is where at all started and the fact that my experience was not a good one does not make me believe that the scene in Goa has finished and that there are no good parties.I'm just saying that I was unlucky and you were lucky that you managed to expererience the experience for such a long time.
I envy you!!!!
But when i hear that the Goa scene is c
back (and this i have to hear it from a person like you are with a lot of expereince in the goa secene to beleive it)I will be right back in Goa.......

-----------------------------------
Mind you in 2001 apart from the party and shorebar I still loved GOA and I still consider it as one of the very best places I've been to.
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 14:14
Well actually that is why the last time I visited Goa was 10 years ago. Actually beginning of april 10 years ago I left it towards the south of India, and altho I have benn to India few times since, I did not come back to Goa.

I would really be sad to see all the luxury hotels in Anjuna and Vagator, all the 'big bellied beer drinkers' in Shore Bar etc...

It is very logical that many hippies of that time found themselves a different place to be, without the hassle and the sellout. But it is always in my mind hehe... Actually Goa has this special smell when u pass the border, smell of strange flowers / trees, I dont really know how to describe, but it is very special hehe. So I keep the good memories by not coming back, yo           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 14:34
Why not find new places in this world? Goa has fore sure turned into a main stream commercial tourist place a long time ago, so I guess it's time to move on...? Or are you guys stuck in this place?

For people who had an amazing time there ten years ago, I would suggest them to not go back, so they don't become dissappointed. I had 3 amazing years at Samothraki in Greece, but will probabaly not go back in ten years, just because it will probabaly be a big dissappointment...

There are so many beautiful places in this world, so go out explore new places instead!

What about the beaches in Morocco for example...?           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 15:42
@ PKS my friend.. as it is said...goa is goa!!! in my opinion nuthin can beat it..

well i will consider myself a lil unlucky that i hadnt gotten to goa earlier but due to my age etc i could make it to goa only in 2003....

well my first experience..was amazing...even tho its mentioned that by then things had changed and the energy was missing..i will try n argue and say in my own terms i could see the energy...i could feel it...it almost felt as tho a huge gathering had come to cherish the new year(was there at that time)....it was fabulous...and the other parties too were amazing had an excellent first time first hand experiance in goa!

but then..i went in the end of 2004 too..jes 6 months back..well in just one year i could see the change...nuthin was the same..the energy was lacking..the people were very showy..very into themselves and their short skirted girlfriends.....it dint make too much sense to me..they all come there crowd up the place....dont like the music..complain about it..and leave! who benifts...the organisers who make easy money...who suffers?? people who actually like goa for what it is..!!

i know nuhtin much can be done abt it..but as xp himslef says its jus becomin a huge club and its very true!

well as far as goa goes..i have decided to make one visit a year for sure...jes to keep an eye on the feel of the place

am sure most of my friends too will be doin that...!

hope goa gets back to what it was...and pray that it doesnt get worse than wot it currently is

peacE
Tauch3r

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 16:18
yeh - nice review.

Quote:

On 2005-04-28 22:48, dj X.P. wrote:

The first,and maybe the only one real Goa party this year-was the Monkey Walley(Jungles) on 7 Jan.The celebration of Russian Crystmas.

oh yes - gotta agree here , this was one REAL party - thank you xp for that one - you russian guys rock.

IMO Goa is what you make of it , its not dead (yet) , anjuna & vagator is "still" more or less safe of the mass tourism - not like Candolim/calangute. kewl party´s are still goin on - like this one in the monkey valley.

for sure goa changed - now ppl complain bout how nice it was 10 years ago , in the 90s you heard em complaining bout how it was in the 80s and so on ... big evolution of the place GOA - but same with the music gettin played there...

i just think you cannot blame anyone/anythin in particular for what is happening in goa these days - its the evolution of Goa-Trance.
Neville Bone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 29, 2005 17:22
I agree with Taouch here,
It's evolution what can we do and this not happening only in Goa but everywhere in the world.Offcourse the less mainstream it is the better it is although many don't agree with that and want the scene to get bigger.

For example till 1998 parties (the legal ones with permits) in Malta (not just trance but even techno,house whatever) used to keep on going till 8 or 9 am even till 10 or 12 sometimes.And even the bars used to remain open till 8 am on weekends.
Soon after they introduced THE NEW LAW!!!!!
Clubs till 4.00 am
Outdoors till 2.00 am only

That was a big shock for us offcourse but what can we do?
NOTHING......and this law was only introduced when the scene got too big and a couple of 17 year old overdosed from XTC.
Janux
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 19:18
GOA REVIEW 1985 -2005:

Everything XP said about 95 to 05 is true...

the first time I was in Goa was in 1985. my dad was DJ (not trance because there was no trance yet)
Gil was there too. they used to use tape-players I've been in Goa almost every season since then (18 seasons) 1985-1990 was very different, (and I was quite young ) it was the beginnings of psy-trance.... a much smaller scene... but very very cool and far-out people... some of them are still there and complain alot about Goa today... Goa keeps changing and every year is different, and yes, this year was a little dissapointing... but there is more to goa than just parties, and sometimes its interesting to see what happens in Goa when there are no good parties.

in the MID 90's is when the scene really started to grow... before that in the early 90's it was much smaller, and more personal... but a crazyyy scene... some of the stories are great!
          www.facebook.com/DjJanux
dj X.P.
XP Voodoo
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 00:59
Although,I understood by life time,that sometime is better not to know how IT WAS GOOD BEFORE ( I mean,generally).Just to enjoy what you have now.
Many people arriving in Goa,specially after 2001 accept it how it is in the present,and I cant tell,if i will take out the memories about "carzy 90s" from my head,that there are ,actually,for sure many points that made Goa better ( it is notanymore this Neverland,but...)-High Level of life,good food,good roads,total mobile coverage,LAN connection,good houses,imported products in the shops,hi quality sound and production of big parties.
And for sure all what stayed still in Goa-the nature side
Neville Bone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 30, 2005 10:21
As I said previously,even if i don't go to Goa for trance I would still go for the nature and for the people.

Can anyone tell me if Chapora is still laid back as I remember it in 2001?

I love Chapora especially if you stay in a house far from the main road.I just loved it!
sorceress
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 13:33

Goa unfolds a different experience every time to visit it. No two times same. goa welcomed me with open arms instantly I felt I belonged to the place it was the treck down to vagator beach to see the strings of light, Chai wala didis and people on chattais… I had never seen anything like it before, the way down looked surreal and the ocean besides it looked dreamlike. It was Gil Baba playing that night… we spent the entire night there to get to Hiltop only in the morning a fren said as the sun comes out the worms disappear into there holes.
Hilltop is engulfing with the crazy energy I swear I saw the huge dome of vibrations on the wet mud in front of the speakers, by afternoon we took refuge under the huge tree where now a bar stands tall. On the boarders I saw people sitting under bright colored tents made of chunnies… sleeping, talking, dancing, smiling, laughing all celebrating a truly remarkable year that had gone by and that which had just begun.
I felt the same energy this time at Hiltop again on the 2nd morning with just a few people dancing I saw butterflies everywhere and the energy flowing was overwhelming I saw a lot of faces that I have been seeing since past few years and I hope to see them for years to come for the unspoken bond is so well-built that the mere sight of it feels ecstatic.

Goa is evolving, it has to and every year more and more people come and explore the energy that has been in this place since ages… some bask in it, some build on it, some refuse to accept it only to leave with the memories and want to visit it again.
          Dont thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously use your intelligence
---------------------------------------------
Protons and Proteins
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 13:41
Quote:

On 2005-04-30 00:59, dj X.P. wrote:
Although,I understood by life time,that sometime is better not to know how IT WAS GOOD BEFORE ( I mean,generally).Just to enjoy what you have now.
Many people arriving in Goa,specially after 2001 accept it how it is in the present,and I cant tell,if i will take out the memories about "carzy 90s" from my head,that there are ,actually,for sure many points that made Goa better ( it is notanymore this Neverland,but...)-High Level of life,good food,good roads,total mobile coverage,LAN connection,good houses,imported products in the shops,hi quality sound and production of big parties.
And for sure all what stayed still in Goa-the nature side

Hehe I dig yer thinking XP, I had this discussion with myself and definitely chose no cellphone, no LAN, empty room with mattress, shit with the pigs, no coke, no foreign cigarettes, lousy sound systems and SUPER DUPER ENERGY LEVEL hehe no doubt.
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
forus

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 19:42
i heard a croation dj called kobayagi was killed in goa and they found his body in the sea, so sad!
Trick
Inactive User

Started Topics :  16
Posted : May 1, 2005 18:42
damn yo i feel u totally xp
actually i am quite young
and having only been going to goa for past 5 years
so i dont know how the scene was in the early and mid ninties but im sure it was pure...and the vibe strong from what you describe
this year i went to goa after a long hard year of uni in nyc at nyu
and i was very dissapointed...dissapointed with the party situation but not goa in general
the parties in goa were completly lacking in energy
even disco valley on new years which i was lookin forward to was no good...u kno wen goa gil is not even invited to play in goa during this seasons that something is going wrong
theo tho...i have mad respect for this dj...ive heard him several times...and he is one of the only djs that make the parties beraable
hilltop and monkey valley were very full on but besides that...goin to parties in goa is not the greatest idea..
having said that...fuck the parties...
thers much more to do in goa
just trippin in haunted and spooky anjuna and feeling the energy of the hundreds of thousands of other LSD heads that have tripped there is one of the most special feelings in the world...i dont care if the scene is commerciazlied
the energy is in hte place forever
especially anjuna...
ther are still many full on people lookin to explore their minds and expand their philosophies of life
however u just have to look harder to find them now... saying that tho
i just hope does not do what the chinese goveremtn did durng hte cultural revolution and destroy what the people have created with their own hands
goa is one of the most special places in teh world...and its history should be document and remebered by everyone in the underground world as the place where it all began and where the energy will remain forever

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Goa . 1995-2005.Review
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance