Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
18 19 20 21 22 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA

NeuroNympho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jun 25, 2008 18:26
This was by far the craziest Gaian Mind Festival I've attended in the 4 years I've been going(even more than 2006) the good, bad and down right loopy- good loopines though. The music was only %40 of the festival for me this time around, there was so much happening within the 5 days there. The workshops were just downright wonderful-the riverside jam was a huge hit and big thanks to everyone who came out and added to the magic. I spent more time at the North crook than previous years and it made for some special times between meeting some awesome people at the hooka bar and meeting some super-special kiddies too! At night that it looked like something out of the Dark Crystal and me and my friend kept bugging out about the lazers on the trees and all of the toys to play with. The river was pure unadulterated bliss, I caught the end of a wedding in the healing area.
Friday night sparked even more madness. PsyOps was sweet, I've been waiting to see Dragon for a long time and he was awwweeesome! He spread some nice sounds across the dance floor and had me stomping. I heard the other artist during my romantic moonlit stroll around the compound with my sweetheart until the morning. I wished that I could've walked around with a voice recorder that night just to catch all of the sounds that I heard. Everything from Russian folk songs over an accordion, UFO sightings, screaming, insane laughter, Sowa Flowa, strange conversations and music.
Coral killed it with her new refreshing material, Trevor had me bouncing all over the place but I do wish his set was longer and Solar fields was so nice, I enjoyed both dancing to his music and just sitting back watching everyone groove to it while bathed in sunlight. The kids parade looked like SO much fun but my body was shutting down by that point, Archedream was good to see but they cut their material short this time, no? Missed all of Saturday night, didn't miss the terrifying lightning storm though! (Was anyone else visited by a strange blinking white light after the tree was struck? No joke, some weird shit went down in my tent right after)
Woke up to blue skies, heard the rest of Rastaliens, scrambled into a costume and onto the dance floor to catch some foot stomping sets by Braincell, Ekoplex, Dan and Onnomon until my ADD kicked in an I wondered away again and missed the rain dance at the end I was busy packing up in the rain and had to hurry off to a very nauseous ride home.
Me and my sweetie got a watered down version of this virus, we just got nauseous and tired but thanks for the info everyone, Ben immediately left work after reading the info. The rest of my friends weren't as lucky, some were sick at the festival and some after. One of my friends went home to her babies and she's afraid she might spread it to them! For us, some fresh ginger boiled in water with a bit of honey really helps the tummy and black coffee helps to scrub out the other end. Shame on 4Q for doing nothing to stop this, I hope they plan on warning people for the Drum and Splash event coming up this weekend, probably not.

Thank you to Allen, Melanie, Gaian Mind, Archedream, Waking dream and all of the Workshoppers, artist and performers, Oh and the merchants and anyone else who made this another special anuual event.

Now for PIX: http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=235072912/a=135444244_135444244/t_=135444244
(you may have to sign up for free to view them)

videos to come soon           "It's ALL about the clickety-clack!!!!"-Neuronympho
djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 25, 2008 19:06
just real quick cuz I'm still sick:

1) do these folks have a food service/handling licence?

2) did we look into the possibility of heavy rains with an overstressed septic system causing ground water contamination?

3) why did we get charged 10 bucks a head to leave a day late when the only reason was we were too sick to move???

- gwyn

fivElements

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 25, 2008 20:08
some pics and one video... enjoy!! keep this link as I will be uploading more!
thanks again GM!! really enjoyed it look forward to the next one!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28048597@N08/2610269699/?processed=1&cb=1214412957020
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 25, 2008 20:35
Hands down the most energetic, tribal, psychedelic party attended by me in North America. The vibes, crowd, deco, art, workshops, food - all top notch! I have never seen 300 ppl dancing at 9PM Friday night and at no point the crowd count went below 250. Had to leave early on Sunday morning but I am sure people rocked their socks off till late afternoon.

Musically, the flow was just simply PERFECT. The whole of Friday night was dark, powerful and tribal ending with Kaiser Soze and Coral playing one of best morning sets and the icing on the cake was Treavor. Never before I have heard such progressive sounds. Perfect.

Saturday night - I have no words to explain the music that was played. Had to miss the initial music due to rain but got in time to hear half an hour of Lauryn. WOW! And then EVP, Rastaliens, Braincell, Realitygrid.....just tuning your brainwaves to the right direction. Power all along. I didn't move from the dance floor for their combined 8 hours of music. Had gone to see Rastaliens and Braincell (my fav acts) and was I impressed. Not one flaw in the whole set by any of the above mentioned acts. Brilliant. Just honored to see those guys LIVE

Probably the most sophisticated and intelligent crowd I have come across in a psy-party. Just wonderful and colorful.

Going to be there next year for sure.

Since I didnt get the mystery virus, I guess I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Just perfect 4 days of my life. Will be dreaming about it for weeks to come.           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 01:02
Regarding the "virus", I don't think we can necessarily blame 4QF for this. I felt the bug saturday and I hadn't ate their food nor used their porta potties. I did drink some of the local water though- a groundwater test is probably in order. It could have simply spread through shared smoke or close proximity.

Luckily I had a few days to vibrate to the sounds. Thursday was amazing at the chill system, it was a "cocktail" party for 400. All sorts of electro bleeps and bloops by Pedro, Alex playing some delicious minimal tech, and Steve-O playing a set of sexy trancey tracks. The chill area really had some special moments including Super Galactic Expansive, the Ultimae crew, Grains of Sound, and Psylab, among others.

Vibrated to Digitalist, dark and pummelling on friday. Kudos to Jonathon PsyOps! I was in my tent and absolutely could not fall into dream state because the music was so off-the-hook! that bastard kept me awake.

Woke up saturday night, felt something not-so-good in my stomach but still managed to boogie a bit to EVP. Very fun and in that british tongue-in-cheek fashion. Not feeling so well I had to forgo the rest of the saturday night dancing to rest for my sunday noon set. Dazed in my tent, I could hear Rastaliens a bit. Let me tell you that they've upped the ante. Even in my very compromised listening posture they sounded incredible- such continuity too!

Sunday late morning was spent trying to regain energy, I was a bit worried that i'd be bolting out the back of the booth for a quick "offering" to soil. Fortunately the crowd energy kept me safe with their energy. I had a good 'ole time apart from being a bit wobbly on the mouse.

This year the attendance took a quantum leap upward and undoubtedly certain aspects will be fine-tuned- namely incentives for collecting trash and recycling, and cigarette butts.

thank you everyone!

boom!

-dean

Bonnita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 02:41
here are my pictures:)
http://www.rave.ca/?s=photos_event&e=18137&p=1
FattyAcid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 03:46
here goes

Musically, this festival was programmed musically as well as I can imagine. Both nights and both days and on both stages I heard nothing but top notch, numero ichiban sounds..... highlights for me were Killowatts/Supergalactic Expansive Explosive funkenness (?>?)..of COURSE Freedom's friday night dosage, PSYLAB on the North Crook who rocked the FUNK out around midnight.....the slithering slimy downright unreal sounds of Dragon dropping me straight into the zaikadelic realm of the dropout named digitalist whom shredded the sonic airwaves with the best of them... the morning that followed had my ass shrinking by the track....thanks to Coral and Treavor!

Then I ate and chilled and slept....jumped in the river, chilled in the down below the rest of the day to the sounds of happy people, ate dinner, and went to sleep to recharge for the night ahead, said nap got a little extended by the downpour, then I was up and at em!

From Lauren on through the fresh funk of EVP to the experience I can only call CHURCH with the Rastaliens/ Braincell/ Reality Grid group chunk....i loved it all..... freakadelic full power goaesque and downright goan morning sounds (can they still be called that?sounds doesnt quite fit anymore)..... and even with the sickness hitting me in the middle of braincell, I still had one of the best times vibing with the dancers and chunes nothing short of losing my legs could have stopped the dancing.....sadly though, the sickness grabbed ahold of me and sent me to my tent with my tail between my legs by the middle of ectoplex, and i slept through onnomon, who i'll just say is one of my highlights because deans sets have pretty much always been on said list.....

Glad I had the oppurtunity to stick around, help out as much as I could with Nick and Eitan and Jeremy and Jimmy and Sharron etc etc before my train left....

Perfect weekend, and whos to say projectile vommiting isnt technically a psychedelic experience

THANK YOU EVERYONE
FattyAcid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 26, 2008 03:47
double dang
PsychoAlien

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 04:02
thanks for sharing the pictures!
EarWorm
EarWorm

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 04:42
What can I say...it was a blast! Loved every bit of it. The location was pretty cool... always something going on to keep you busy... even when the music was not playing, you could feel that amazing energy all around, and you can't help yourself but smile. I mainly looked forward to hear Rastaliens, and braincell, and I'm so glad they came back to earth ... The deco @ the stone circle stage was pretty neat, loved the layout...and the chillout area was always nice to pass by, it also made a great companion while taking those warm showers ... Thanks Gaian Mind, you guys did a fantastic job with organizing this event, it was put together very well. The only problem was a "few" of the 4Q staff, who gave us some shit prior to leaving the location...don't want to get into details, but their behavior was pretty disgusting and unprofessional to say the least...I really hope Gaian Mind will find new frontiers to throw future festivals at....cause I'm having big doubts about 4Q. And sorry to hear lots of people got sick, hope everyone is well by now. For conclusion...had a great time, thanks everyone... it was great to meet up with known friends, and make new ones in the process....keep on smiling people!

Here's some pics from the event...not much, but better than nothing.....video coming soon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28006087@N07/sets/72157605820031709/

Best wishes,
Max
          --- "Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that" ---

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EarWorm/140470548785?ref=mf
EarWorm
EarWorm

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 04:58
Here's a video, used my sister's account to post it on youtube...hope it gives you all a good happy flashback

--- "Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that" ---

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EarWorm/140470548785?ref=mf
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 05:29
amazing pics and videos!!
thanks a bunch everyone

Many kissess

"END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
.:DRAGON:.
Dragon

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 05:49
Despite the pandemic, we didn't get sick and had an amazing time ! I felt that the coordination and planning by the Gaian Mind staff and crew was top notch ! From all the smiling faces to all the perfect sets and music, to the increadible deco ; GM08 freakin rocked our asses off !
It was sooooo good to catch up with all our friends and to make so many new ones ... This party was the largest for us thus far, so kudos to the GM staff for the logistics and planning !
The stage was a dream to set up on and play for such a large trance-hungry crowd ! What a great weekend ... !

gallery
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/glowingdragon/Gaian%20Mind%2008/?albumview=slideshow           New Album : Spirals of Time : Now Available !
www.nodatagency.com/artists/dragon/
FattyAcid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 26, 2008 06:08
lucky you david...

thanks for the chunes

how'd you NOT get sick?           Wake walking through your sleep dream

Esoteric Generation (Arkansas)/Beatnik Production(AR)/ Three Way Mirrors (West Coast)
DanVapid

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 12:10
almost forgot to mention...the visual environment was masterfully constructed...from julien's epic fluoro work in the stone circle to the lasers in the trees, all VJs, and spandex screens in all nooks and crannies...even the corpse/happy flower love connection down by the tents the spinning spaceship during the rastaliens set sticks out especially ! sowa flowa/sour flower (wants some dmt)...also in repeat ...there was definitely a burning man element present, i felt, even though i have never been...
on a more sour note, i also got a lil something tuesday into wed...not as severe as others have described (no ), but definitely something. logically, i would attribute it to the cups or drinking water...i didnt have any until late morning monday right before leaving, and was one of the last ones to be affected. i dont get sick often, so if i feel it, it's definitely real. it could have been something else, but the odds say no...
once again, thank you, and see you next year

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
18 19 20 21 22 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance