Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
20 21 22 23 24 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA

NeuroNympho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posts :  276
Posted : Jun 27, 2008 22:20
Quote:

On 2008-06-27 18:48, Ascension wrote:

Next time I'm chugging a gallon of orange juice on friday and hoping for the best




I make it a habit to eat my vitamins and down some emergenC especially at a festival just so I don't catch a cold and to recover quicker from a stretch of partying. Bloody Mary's also keep you healthy It *may* have been why this virus didn't hit me so hard.

Some short Videos: dunno why the quality is so poor, enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4980798455396358823&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8587819063554268459&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8103268078370710264&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8440399027276919340&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=103408750590423533&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8513197788677572708&hl=en






          "It's ALL about the clickety-clack!!!!"-Neuronympho
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posts :  658
Posted : Jun 27, 2008 23:29
this was my 5th gaian mind festival is as many years and represented the all time highs and lows i have experienced there.

melanie and i arrived wednesday evening with sunny and vincent in tow (mahiane and aes dana), two of the kindest, mellowest souls you will ever meet. they were immediately taken aback by the sheer beauty of the land and the unabashed friendliness of the people. the seeds for a lovely weekend had already been sown.

we set up camp in the north crook near the downtempo stage and i must say i was absolutely blown away by the deco job in the chillout. i knew my friends dave and marria had been working on their art for over 3 months and it really showed. great job guys! adolphe's interactive lightbox was also a big hit.

the deco on the main stage was equally amazing with julien's resplendent tapestries adorning the stone circle alongside steve-o's skillfully manipulated stretch fabric. i particularly liked the matrix like grid banner behind the dj booth. if that wasn't enough, guillaume's visual projections provided yet more candy for the eyes.

there was so much to do during the day that you just had to get over the fact you were always missing something. from the many workshops, the sweat lodges, the psychedelic strip mall (vending area), the swimming hole, one was never at a loss for keeping busy.

i loved the slow steady buildup over the course of the week, how wednesday night was just the drum circle, then more minimal/progressive stuff on thursday night in the north crook, finally building to a giant cosmic crescendo with the trance stage on friday night.

musically there were so many highlights. in the north crook, super galactic expansive stole the show with their glitched out new age take on contemporary trip hop. kilowatts of course is always spectacular. the ultimae crew certainly held down their rep as some of chillout's finest purveyors. sunny and vincent's dj set friday morning, and all of their back to back to back live sets saturday afternoon were wondrous in their beauty. other sets i really enjoyed included saturnia, gift culture, ben's tribal/ragga, and whoever was playing sunday morning as i passed out in the hookah tent!

every set i heard thursday night was stellar, from pedro's bouncy grooves, to alex's minimal techno, to henshaw's proggy goodness.

back up on the main stage, deet really kicked the party off right with a great opening set. freedom played a nice set as well, transitioning from full-on into nighttime madness, just in time for psyops' dancefloor destruction. had to retire back to the chillout by that point, but made it back up saturday morning to catch the end of treavor's set and just in time for solar fields' trance set. wow, what morning magic that was. definitely one of my favorite sets from the festival.

saturday night started with equal aplomb thanks to tony's smooth electro opening. fractal phono played a great transitioning set, starting out with some minimal organic grooves and phasing into more full-on territory. i don't think anyone who was there will forget the lightning strike right in the middle of a breakdown! lauryn took over from there and took the music into darker realms as the rain storm let up. EVP played another nice nocturnal set, but still with the bouncy fun factor that is missing from so much darkpsy imo. then rastaliens, good lord, these guys just took it to another level. had the whole dancefloor going nuts and just kept cranking up the intensity. one of the best sets i have ever witnessed in the stone circle.

unfortunately it was at this juncture that i became stricken with the sickness. after rastaliens i went back to camp and spent the rest of the day recuperating.

i am as disappointed as everyone with 4Q's response to the outbreak (or lack thereof). i have defended them in the past, because i felt that despite their often stern demeanor, if you treated them and their land respectfully they would treat you with respect in turn. i did not see that happen this year. what i witnessed was inexcusable. it is doubly sad because this year could have and should have been the greatest in the history of the festival. all the elements were in place. now it will forever be tainted with memories of sickness and ill health.

my heart goes out to all the gaian mind organizers who worked tirelessly over the course of a year to craft the best possible trance festival experience. a huge thank you to all the artists, djs, visionaries, healers, speakers, workshop instructors, volunteers, builders, and helpers who fashioned such a great environment.

it should be remembered that all obstacles are opportunities for growth, change, and renewal. let us bask in the positives while using the negatives to improve the future.
KiloWatts


Started Topics :  7
Posts :  42
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 00:36
Quote:

On 2008-06-27 23:29, karmakanik wrote:
it should be remembered that all obstacles are opportunities for growth, change, and renewal. let us bask in the positives while using the negatives to improve the future.



Indeed. This was simultaneously the best and worst. There's something to be said for that dichotomy. I hope my previous post only conveyed my astonishment at it all and nothing more.

I most certainly did not 'love every minute' of the sickness.

But I did love the lesson. (that I'm still learning)
Axis Mundi
Axis Mundi

Started Topics :  75
Posts :  1848
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 00:53
I was just about to post a reply to the poster in a preceding post who was trying to peddle colloidal silver to someone suffering from this virus, but, thankfully, it was removed.

Just to reiterate, though, for emphasis...

... Please do not recommend taking colloidal silver for any sicknesses, especially this specific case which has been established many times already that this is a virus. Colloidal silver is proven to kill bacteria, not viruses (that is, and on top of that, it's plain dangerous to ingest and can cause some pretty nasty side effects. Colloidal silver is surrounded by some pretty hokey pseudoscience based on confusing semantics and clever marketing techniques used to push it on the uneducated masses.

So I have to warn again not to take colloidal silver especially for this virus and certainly don't suggest this as a viable remedy, since it's obvious that whoever suggested that doesn't have any real medical training whatsoever.

I'm actually kind of appalled that someone is even daring to promote something like that in this thread (I mean, seriously, what the hell) and kudos to whomever had it removed.

Carry on.
Axis Mundi
Axis Mundi

Started Topics :  75
Posts :  1848
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 00:56
Never mind some of the above, turns out it hasn't been removed as it should be. Please for your own sake do not heed the advice given in this following quote:

Quote:

On 2008-06-27 06:33, daya wrote:
Are you still in NYC. I am trying to finding my way of giving/sending you some pure Colloidal Silver (500ppm). PM me if interested. I try to call you tomorrow noon.


Saturnia
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posts :  174
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 01:56
Photos and a video of Rastaliens tearing it up!

http://saturnia.livejournal.com/206693.html

http://saturnia.livejournal.com/206908.html           Saturnia
http://www.facebook.com/saturnia.corybant
Myrkabah


Started Topics :  0
Posts :  16
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 01:58
Quote:

On 2008-06-28 00:56, Axis Mundi wrote:
Never mind some of the above, turns out it hasn't been removed as it should be. Please for your own sake do not heed the advice given in this following quote:

Quote:

On 2008-06-27 06:33, daya wrote:
Are you still in NYC. I am trying to finding my way of giving/sending you some pure Colloidal Silver (500ppm). PM me if interested. I try to call you tomorrow noon.







Some sourced info on this from Wikipedia:

"In August 1999 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a ruling banning colloidal silver sellers from claiming any therapeutic value for the product. Unless a drug has undergone the rigorous safety and efficacy testing required of pharmaceuticals no medical benefits can be claimed. Such testing has not been conducted with colloidal silver, so the product now has the status of a dietary supplement in the US (dietary supplements cannot claim to cure diseases, only that they "support healthy functioning").[20] The FDA has issued warnings to Internet sites selling or promoting colloidal silver as an antibiotic or for other medical purposes.[21] If no medical benefits are claimed, colloidal silver is sold as a supplement, and as long as the products comply with all other FDA regulations, its sale is considered legal.[22] In 2002, the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration ruled that colloidal silver-containing products were no longer exempted from therapeutic goods legislation and had to meet the requirements of other products covered by this law. A TGA investigation found that "there are no current legitimate uses of colloidal silver and that the Surveillance Section of the TGA be requested to investigate the illegal availability of colloidal silver products because of concerns about their significant toxicity. The reasons for the recommendation were that:

"There is little evidence to support therapeutic claims made for colloidal silver products; the risk to consumers of silver toxicity outweighs the value of trying an unsubstantiated treatment, and bacterial resistance to silver can occur; and efforts should be made to curb the illegal availability of colloidal silver products, which is a significant public health issue." .[23]"

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00971.html
http://www.tga.gov.au/docs/html/csilver.htm
daya


Started Topics :  8
Posts :  307
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 03:10
hmm...got my lyme desease away without toxic killing antibiotic. i use it as my daily dietary supplement. got rit of my pink eye in one night. after that, i pour them in my eyes for at least three times a week (for almost a year now), my eyes and skin still has not turned blue yet. why not virus? you should study more or experience yrself in your own risk or fear, you decide!) instead of become a white sheep to the media. of course beware of shitty product. "big cheese" don't like this femonena, it's ruin their bizznizz. oh thanks for the info, don't you always love those .gov thingies?

          founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
dash


Started Topics :  8
Posts :  464
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 03:44
[quote]
On 2008-06-28 01:56, Saturnia wrote:
Photos and a video of Rastaliens tearing it up!

http://saturnia.livejournal.com/206693.html

http://saturnia.livejournal.com/206908.html

[/q

that video is 453 mb..wow...
dloading it..cant wait to watch it..!
Axis Mundi
Axis Mundi

Started Topics :  75
Posts :  1848
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 05:00
Lyme Disease is a bacterium, not a virus. The subject at hand is a stomach VIRUS. Pinkeye in itself is neither bacteria nor virus but an effect caused by a different bacteria or virus infecting your body, and usually will go away on its own without any treatment whatsoever. So are you sure dropping colloidal silver into your body actually did anything positive at all? Just because you dropped metal in your eye and your pinkeye went away a couple of days later doesn't mean the metal caused your pinkeye to go away.

Why not virus? Well, since there is no scientific proof whatsoever that colloidal silver kills viruses, my logical conclusion is that taking an otherwise poisonous substance to cure myself of a virus would be completely ineffective. So what's the point? bleach kills bacteria also, does that mean I should drink bleach if I get an infection? No.

Just because I recognize that colloidal silver is bad for you doesn't make me a white sheep to the media. Me recognizing this does not benefit "big cheese" in any way because I take no supplements at any time in my week and I am perfectly healthy and in shape. And "big cheese" doesn't tell me what to take because information such as those websites linked are just a couple of a great many sources which only provide facts that support a conclusion that I already made. (Those stupid scientists with their knowledge and learning! What do they know, right? )

Speaking of facts and research, do you have any facts or research that you can link to me that supports your argument that colloidal silver kills viruses or that it cured your pinkeye (which, again, requires no medication to recover from)? I would be happy to read any proof, facts or research you can provide me to support your argument and prove me wrong, I openly welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong and hope you take the challenge to do so. However, until you do so, the fact that you clearly have no idea what the difference between a bacteria and a virus is leads me to think that you have no idea what you're talking about and have no business prescribing people any toxic substance to "cure" anything which can be gotten through naturally with nothing more than rest, nutrition, and hydration. I base my decisions about what goes into my body on facts, not "big cheese" style conspiracy theories. And yes, I am afraid to experiment on my body and rightly so. In spite of all we know compared to even just 100 years ago there are even more substances out there being pushed on the masses which are marketed to be somehow good for us, when in reality most of them are not good for us at all. What you do with your own body is your own business, just don't go around promoting it as some kind of mystical cure-all.

From here on, though, if you wish to continue with this discussion, and I openly welcome you to do so, let's keep it to private messages, since this thread is about the Gaian Mind party and we are getting off-topic.

Quote:

On 2008-06-28 03:10, daya wrote:
hmm...got my lyme desease away without toxic killing antibiotic. i use it as my daily dietary supplement. got rit of my pink eye in one night. after that, i pour them in my eyes for at least three times a week (for almost a year now), my eyes and skin still has not turned blue yet. why not virus? you should study more or experience yrself in your own risk or fear, you decide!) instead of become a white sheep to the media. of course beware of shitty product. "big cheese" don't like this femonena, it's ruin their bizznizz. oh thanks for the info, don't you always love those .gov thingies?




Myrkabah


Started Topics :  0
Posts :  16
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 05:10
Quote:

On 2008-06-28 05:00, Axis Mundi wrote:
Lyme Disease is a bacterium, not a virus. The subject at hand is a stomach VIRUS. Pinkeye in itself is neither bacteria nor virus but an effect caused by a different bacteria or virus infecting your body, and usually will go away on its own without any treatment whatsoever. So are you sure dropping colloidal silver into your body actually did anything positive at all? Just because you dropped metal in your eye and your pinkeye went away a couple of days later doesn't mean the metal caused your pinkeye to go away.

Why not virus? Well, since there is no scientific proof whatsoever that colloidal silver kills viruses, my logical conclusion is that taking an otherwise poisonous substance to cure myself of a virus would be completely ineffective. So what's the point? bleach kills bacteria also, does that mean I should drink bleach if I get an infection? No.

Just because I recognize that colloidal silver is bad for you doesn't make me a white sheep to the media. Me recognizing this does not benefit "big cheese" in any way because I take no supplements at any time in my week and I am perfectly healthy and in shape. And "big cheese" doesn't tell me what to take because information such as those websites linked are just a couple of a great many sources which only provide facts that support a conclusion that I already made. (Those stupid scientists with their knowledge and learning! What do they know, right? )

Speaking of facts and research, do you have any facts or research that you can link to me that supports your argument that colloidal silver kills viruses or that it cured your pinkeye (which, again, requires no medication to recover from)? I would be happy to read any proof, facts or research you can provide me to support your argument and prove me wrong, I openly welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong and hope you take the challenge to do so. However, until you do so, the fact that you clearly have no idea what the difference between a bacteria and a virus is leads me to think that you have no idea what you're talking about and have no business prescribing people any toxic substance to "cure" anything which can be gotten through naturally with nothing more than rest, nutrition, and hydration. I base my decisions about what goes into my body on facts, not "big cheese" style conspiracy theories. And yes, I am afraid to experiment on my body and rightly so. In spite of all we know compared to even just 100 years ago there are even more substances out there being pushed on the masses which are marketed to be somehow good for us, when in reality most of them are not good for us at all. What you do with your own body is your own business, just don't go around promoting it as some kind of mystical cure-all.

From here on, though, if you wish to continue with this discussion, and I openly welcome you to do so, let's keep it to private messages, since this thread is about the Gaian Mind party and we are getting off-topic.



"why not virus? you should study more or experience yrself in your own risk or fear, you decide!"

Sorry, dude, but I'm much more convinced by this argument than yours. This 'facts' shit is for the birds.
EarWorm
EarWorm

Started Topics :  9
Posts :  168
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 15:51
Just want to share the smiles ... New track created as a result from all the amazing inspiration from the Gaian Mind Festival..... and it just happens that the track's name is "supreme mind" ....I uploaded it on myspace page....enjoy the wild ride who ever winds going on it

http://www.myspace.com/earwormtrax

Best wishes,
Max
          --- "Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that" ---

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EarWorm/140470548785?ref=mf
daya


Started Topics :  8
Posts :  307
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 18:15
Thanks Earworm for cheering up the generation. The trax is killer as always. So those trax just answer it instead of my words.           founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posts :  1555
Posted : Jun 28, 2008 21:40
the sickness is still alive! i missed it for the most part at the fest now here i am in chicago a week later hanging with a guy who was sick at the fest and stopped felling symptomsdays ago and now i too have it finally...and he has it AGAIN! i heard that we will stay contagious for a few days after all symptoms have vanished. stay strong fellow noronaughts.


:chuck:
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posts :  1491
Posted : Jun 29, 2008 00:07
Sorry to hear that chuck. Hope you and your friend get well soon.

On a side note, I had met two guys from Rochester at the party. I am 99% sure their name was Qasim and Alec. Does anybody know them or how to contact them?

They had shown interest in coming to our parties in Iowa so just wanted to get in touch with them.....           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
Trance Forum  Forum  North America - GAIAN MIND SUMMER FESTIVAL 2008 - June 19th to June 22nd, 2008, Four Quarters, Central PA, USA
← Prev Page
20 21 22 23 24 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2020 IsraTrance