Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Freedom Festival 2007 -16,17,18,19 and 20 August 2007
← Prev Page
46 47 48 49 50 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Freedom Festival 2007 -16,17,18,19 and 20 August 2007

Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 24, 2007 18:56
im going to bump this until someone affiliated can comment on:

a) why the coke dealers weren't thrown out. they were everywhere and dealing publically! i felt like i was walking through the dodgy part of a city when i walked from the bar to the dancefloor.

b) how 4 security guards can justify beating a restrained partygoer. 4 on one. he was doing nothing to provoke them.. if they wanted to throw him out they could have WITHOUT VIOLENCE. this was not the only incident i heard of where the security threw punches for no reason at all. this is merely the only one i witnessed.           difficile est non saturam scribere
Hunter S.T.

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 24, 2007 19:59
a.) maybe cause it's on commision agreement with orga. that kind of things happens more and more in the scene.
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Sep 24, 2007 20:15
Well Caligula, i make mine your words except for the music...maybe you have been going to the wrong festivals in the last three years:)
Of course there was good performances and i will not specificate but a lot of it was pure camembert - cheesy!!!! Also this has nothing to do with names as i dont listen to names but the their djing/live. Still i can say that the easy-listen trance (comercial?) that was the main dish of the festival is not good trance (and it doesnt matter the style), but if you think so....who am i to judge you!!

LoveandLight...

p.s. - ....and better trance
Hunter S.T.

Posted : Sep 24, 2007 20:29
Quote:

On 2007-09-24 20:15, Ellon wrote:
a lot of it was pure camembert - cheesy!!!!
LoveandLight...

p.s. - ....and better trance

well exactley creamy camembert, was many things less psychedelic trance but is also only my way to recieve it and opinion.
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 24, 2007 21:06
I have been going to amazing festivals the last 3 years.. sonica, ozora, boom, freedom 2005, full moon etc.. and your blanket reference to "cheese" is rather pathetically general, is it not?

there can be no dispute as to taste, my friend.. i like what i like..

i thought shift, pitch hikers, azax syndrom (although his "live" set was less than live.. hahaha, daksinamurti and whoever played before him mixed sublimely and the track selection was an beautiful blend of all my favourite groovy night time tracks from hydraglyph to frozen ghost.. paul taylor impressed me as a closer.. and i also enjoyed pieces of seroxat, wizzy noise (yes, a little cheesy), elec3 and many more.

i know you're referring to the astrix, skazi, talamasca, eskimo, psycraft "cheese", but to be honest i'm tired of hearing people criticise artists when they choose to be at the floor while they play. im not a fan of any of these, so i didnt really pay attention, but rather had a good time with my mates at the lake, or at the side of the dancefloor.. or just wandered around.

i've heard it all before.. you cant have an entire lineup to your taste.. so just accept it and move on - and stop whining and throwing the word "cheese" at any psytrance thats older than 3 years and where the artists have been successful. your desire to be rebellious and underground is well understood.. and i can identify with your hatred for the overly commercial.. but let it go.. smile.. have some fun. you'll find you'll have a much better time.

also.. if you saw the lineup before the festival.. why did you go? PLEASE explain that to me.

difficile est non saturam scribere
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Sep 24, 2007 21:29
Ok...lets specify

The night acts you mention were not so bad, though its sad to see azax syndrom going down, down the easy way. And this for me is one of the main problems with comercial trance - not to much time in the studio preparing something special and unique. You know, i still remember many of these nowadays cheesy acts, putting up amazing sets and now....easylane here i go!!!
I call them cheesy because i remember seing astrix kicking ass in the past and today he s simply nothing special. Cedric(Talamasca) for me still has a lot going on, but Skazi or Psycraft are simply bad. Really bad i mean.
I go to the festivals not only because of the music, nevertheless there is still a small illusion regarding some of these acts, that they can putt up something good. They used to...

As always
LoveandLight
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Sep 25, 2007 09:22
My summer was saved by Forgotten Riritual I can tell you that. after all, it's not about the names or how many years are they into it, it;s about music, the vibe and all together. Like you mentioned this cokedealers etc. lately i see it only at this kind of events (commercial) in switzerland did't see anyone selling or buying coke. so... I think it goes together           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 25, 2007 10:03
I agree adigroovy.. the coke problem is a lot worse than in the past.. in 2005 I didnt see it at all, and the festival was bigger than this edition, in my opinion.

i have a HUGE problem with the attitude of the security though.. and I really hope the organisers will have SOMETHING to say about this.           difficile est non saturam scribere
Caligula
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 26, 2007 14:33
*bump*           difficile est non saturam scribere
osiris

Posted : Sep 26, 2007 15:28
Quote:

On 2007-09-24 11:43, Caligula wrote:

FREEDOM as organiser is vicariously liable for this kind of UNFORGIVEABLE behaviour. I hope someone can come on here and explain how your overly-aggressive security is justifiable at a psy festival promoting PEACE. its pathetic that this is allowed at all.. and is the reason you are leagues behind the culture promoted by Boom.

I saw on BOOM last edition a girl being kicked by 2 very nervous securities, just because she was selling some goodies without permition in the car parking, so i think securities are always dangerous to handle over, even for the organization.
And as far as i know many securities that were in freedom work in Boom security team also, same people.
TheToad

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 26, 2007 16:04
I too saw rough security at Boom last year. I arrived on sunday morning, and before I had found my friends, let alone pitched my tent, I saw two security guys grab some other guy (I guess he had been dealing or something), wrestle him to the ground unnecessarily (he didn't put up a fight), beat him senseless and drag him into a van to be carted off site.

Boom does have a good culture, but it'll always have the same problems as any other festival - violent people, people without tickets and unauthorised dealers - and will therefore need powerful security.

It's a hard line to draw between scary security guards (to make sure everyone behaves) and guards that can resist abusing their position and have a little 'fun' with their targets.

I didn't see all the violence that people are talking of here, but as far as I did see, freedom did quite well with their security. The security I saw were big strong guys, but seemed pretty friendly...
DoLphin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Sep 27, 2007 17:36
I saw they catching thiefs in the parking area and they did't start to "destroying" them in the first minute etc., like other parts of the world if it would be happened.. As i know there were a lof of thiefs "working" around the at the party.. they are specialized to NAIVE ravers.. sad but this is everywhere now.

keep psychedelic
Transcendentalist

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 02:11
There were a couple of security guards i kept running into all the time.. One guy was short and powerfully built and reminded me of a bulldog.. I am sure some of you ident him...

1st day

SG : Dirty Glare
Me : Smile

2nd day

SG : Glare

3rd day

SG : Acknowledgment

4th day

SG : Ignore
Me : Acknowledge

5th Day

SG : Ignore
Me : Ignore

Turned out pretty well i presume... As far as i know they were not proactively aggresive...

Great festival and people... Same cannot be said about the music though....

PS : Francois and Family and Miguel and Family... Thanks for ur hospitality ... Boom from India!

DvP

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 16:50
Quote:

On 2007-09-26 16:04, TheToad wrote:
I too saw rough security at Boom last year. I arrived on sunday morning, and before I had found my friends, let alone pitched my tent, I saw two security guys grab some other guy (I guess he had been dealing or something), wrestle him to the ground unnecessarily (he didn't put up a fight), beat him senseless and drag him into a van to be carted off site.

What you saw was the undercover narcotics portuguese police... they were all over the place!

It was a black van right?

By the way, what's your problem with coke? Only LSD, Mushrooms, Ketamine, Salvia and Ecstasy allowed? I mean, a guy selling acid, bad quality ecstasy and ketamine is ok, but a guy selling coke is not acceptable?!

I know, "cocaine is not a psychedelic drug bla bla", but so isn't trance music nowadays, so what?
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 21:09
Quote:

On 2007-09-28 16:50, DvP wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-26 16:04, TheToad wrote:

What you saw was the undercover narcotics portuguese police... they were all over the place!

It was a black van right?

By the way, what's your problem with coke? Only LSD, Mushrooms, Ketamine, Salvia and Ecstasy allowed? I mean, a guy selling acid, bad quality ecstasy and ketamine is ok, but a guy selling coke is not acceptable?!

I know, "cocaine is not a psychedelic drug bla bla", but so isn't trance music nowadays, so what?

well im against all drug dealers, and last freedom there was plenty of them to bad. as for the security beating some dealer i totaly agree it only gives a bad name to trance parti goers and in portugal this was noticed on tv something that at 7/8 years ago would be impossible

well im against all drug           dont worry be hippie
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Freedom Festival 2007 -16,17,18,19 and 20 August 2007
← Prev Page
46 47 48 49 50 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance