Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - -- Freaky dragons festival -- 7 / 14 August 2007
← Prev Page
23 24 25 26 27 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

-- Freaky dragons festival -- 7 / 14 August 2007

lehobbit

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 20, 2007 18:29
Hi everyone, I'm new here!!
Discovered this forum whilst looking for info on the freaky dragon.......
Was there on wednesday afternoon, experienced all the hassle,saw ONE side of the road blocked, thoughtof england in the eighties.....
Think mobile phones are bloody useless cos they only helped to spread the false rumours.....
Think too many people are used to seeing police brutality and find it normal......
But had a great week, met loads of interesting people (meeting people was about the only thing to do, so we all made the most of it!)
One thing's a shame though; when I ended up in Perpignan, with the World People crew (thanks to another rumour) we were several hundred to turn up at a very private party, and they welcomed us as best they could (no authorisation so extremely limited numbers...), letting us stay the night to rest, and even come and party with them....
Okay, some of us stayed (ah! there's not many people now!) for the rest of the weekend.....
At the end, we helped clear up a little (the least we could do), and it was alright, except for...
TOILET PAPER everywhere; you'd've thought two thousand elephants with diarhea had rampaged through the beautiful surrounding countryside.
What a present for the happy couple celebrating with a few friends!
I thought the trance scene was supposed to be a little more environmentally conscious than the rest......
Don't people know all the shit (excuse the pun) contained in bleached paper? Is it so hard to take the paper back to the car?? Is it so hard to bury your shit, put a stone over it, or at least avoid the middle of the path???!!!
Think a little about all the little fluffy creatures who get tripped out of their heads each time there's a party .....
There you go; just thought it was worth mentioning. As for the organisation of the freaky....best to wait and see what they have to say; the speculating on this forum is worse than during an election campaign!
lehobbit

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 20, 2007 18:33
Bravo le hobbit! At last someone has something intelligent to say!
Keep up the good work!
Gatecrashing is a dying art!
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 20, 2007 19:24
..are you giving compliments to yourself?
this freaky dragons forum is getting freaky indeed...

i'm getting the beer from the fridge ...who knows what comes next ;-)
          - we bring you the taste of india -
www.mahamaya.ch
www.myspace.com/babag1
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 20, 2007 23:19
@ babag :haahaha peanuts or popcorn?

so much bloody speculation and bak bak bakgoing on here.

i feel terrible for anyone who spent their money to go to spain to find out the fest is not happening and then have issues with the police..
horrible horrible i must say. hope everyone is well.

tons of love.

"END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 01:53
Quote:

On 2007-08-20 18:33, lehobbit wrote:
Bravo le hobbit! At last someone has something intelligent to say!
Keep up the good work!

www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Psy-trip

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 10:27
The videos are shocking and all this is unacceptable!fucking police is everywhere the same and they need to be killed!whatever happened noone has the right to bit ppl up like that!
fucking police man...
          ...Travelling is a way of life...
titoffff71
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 14:05
Freaksss

Just arrived back from Spain, where last 2 days have spend arround Tarragona to try to understand and tried to think about different things . Specially after spending one more week with the crew to clean and build off the location where all this happened so you can imagine who is to look at this « battlefield » after all . And specially after this desaster and fascistic assaults.
Now I gonna give you the facts only the facts and feel free to make your own opinion :
The same district as last years festival, the same person who gives the authorisations (through a silence autorisation) exactley the same way.
I explain you : for the last years edition of Freaky Dragons Festival , the autorisation was given by President of Comarca Bajo Aragon – Caspe Mr . Francisco Domenech ( Council of the District, the chairman of this area with most power in this kind and many others of dessisions and above of the city council Major, or for example for some desssiosion above the Aragon governement, so the person which decides about any type of event in the area).
« Prepare the festival … I’ll take care about all ».
This were the words of the president , the same like last year we recieved from this authority. He explained that he prove our festival like a touristic attraction for this area.
Besides the owner of the rented land it’ s a local fruit company called La Herradura S.L which ownes about 13000 hectars of the land arround Caspe and unifies 24 partners (all wellknown busuinessmen from the area). The chairman of this company Mr. Mariano Gomez Callao which is by the way the presentant in the central parlament in Madrid and an ex Major of city council of Caspe during 16 years, had an total agreement with our project.
At this moments we had agreements with practically 2 most politicaly powerfull men.
Offcours in a town like Caspe everybody knows everybody.

On the same time at the city council of Caspe nothing was clear, due to the local elections on 27 of May of 2007. So at this moments about middle of june the new city council was not yet formed.
At this moments the agreement for the rent of the land was signed by two parts and this was the situation at the time when the construction of festival started , middle of June.
With the innaguration of the new city council of Caspe at 22 of June, we present the official demand for the celebration of the event.

At the end of June on first city council meeting, they decide to give us negative answer on the demand. But hereby at the 10th of July they inform us without any pressisions neither explanations that our demand is rejected.
Immediatly we took the contact with Mr. Francisco Domenech the president of the district which us confirmes that we can continue with the preparations and that this dessision by city council was not correct.

Frome thereone some days of silence at this point while the preparations continued , but like they say after the silence comes storm : we recive the news that at this moments mr . Francisco Domenech was not relected even was part of the leading political group. Why, how……………….

From the next day we got two lawyers workinf on our case, one in Caspe and other in Zaragoza. Studing our case the lawyer from Zaragoza immidiatly discoveres several break or non fulfillment of law from the city council of Caspe for example in case of rejuction on the demand they should inform the requier (us) which documentation is necesary and give 7 days to present the complete demand.
On the 27th of june or lawyers bring the case on the court.

Beginning of July the election of the new president of « Comarca » and the new president became adjunt of major of the city council from Caspe. At 11th of July The Institution « Comarca » takes a dessision to not authorize the event but with 30 days time to acclaim against this dessision legaly, and enough time to save the festival, words from the lawyer sr. Raphael Ledesma.

During this time until 3d of august I had several meetings with all heading politics from the state of Aragon, with the idea to make the understand and sensible about eventual annulation of the festival and which consequences could have that in sanitary, humanitary view but we also informed them about our project through an proffesional designed « Proyecto » (project) and about our history. At this moment already we had contacts with the media. (which I think helped a bit to evoid more violence by Guardia Civil).

At the 3rd of August the trial against the city council strarted and which meaned from that moment there were 10 days time to present a new acclaim and till then waiting to the statement of judge which till today has been not spoken.

8th of August : AN FASCISTIC AVALANCHE , XENOPHOBIC AND RASISTIC « HUNT ON HIPPIES »

This are the facts and all the desissions are taken by the all crew. and

Now I explain you ,y personal feelings and memories about this.
We were in middle of a political war between the president of « Comarca » with some kind hippy inspirations and the major of city council of Caspe which is a fascistic major and supported by aswell very fascistic Guardia Civil chief from Caspe.

Now the (ours) my errors that I can realize at the moment :
Didn’ t reacted at the first negative answer to cancel it, and infor on internet about troubles or to look for another location and to save the festival to me one of the biggest errors to not safe the festival even smaller and with less construction but at least to save it.
And also that I had trust in political forces, and not had an written autorisation….. but I don’ t think that even with all that had helped to this demonstration of Fascisme and violence.
In the past we already had official autorisation wich in few minutes just blew away by them self, the organisers knows what I mean.
Now i just think and realize everything what heppened and I only can see desaster, and also thinking about how awesome it could be. And also when I think back it seems obviuos that their plan was to destroy and to make us maximum dammage as possible, They waited to 24 hours before the festival to provocate the chaos and hunt all the festival people « ut of Aragon » like they were shouting.

Now I think Dragonhunters gonna take some rest, to sort out so many things that happened and try to understand everything about this from the beginning. And all this horrible images that we still get in our heads which hurts still so much, now we need only justice to clear this out to can move on.

Big thanks from all my heart to all who came with their knowledge and energy to build this festival from already 2 and half months ago.

Special Thanks to the great Danish Crew who save our ass from the delay for preparation, you guys are Great, hope to see you soon. and no problem at all with u guys

PLEASE
To all who byed their presales and also for shop fee , I contact you in next days (the shops please contact me in case you don’ t recive any news). The same for all who buyed the ticket on the gate before the event.

Thank you, thank you all for all the km’s made, for the hit u toke , for belive in us and thanks for so many things more during the last 4 years to Volunteers, Artists, and u Freakssss !!!!!.

chris@dragon-hunters.net BE A FREAK

please Freaks on this case i need all u support , no matter what u think of us

please please i need all testimony from u witness who seen something whose been hurt all !!!!

please write precily in details with at the end u full names and full adress and phone number what u seen from any place u were ( at the gate of the festival, in Caspe , in Raill station, in Mequinenza, fragga )
, all this testimony are very important for us and for our lawyer !!!!

Idem we need to collect all Pictures ,Video please please !!!!

Send all here chris@dragon-hunters.net
Hermione Zap Zap
Inactive User

Posted : Aug 21, 2007 15:54
Hat's off to you for posting here Chris, good man. Takes courage to stand up and apologise.

I'm sure you will be supported in future.

Perhaps make some small parties to help raise funds to compensate people.

All the best.
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 16:16
@titoffff71

Your letter sounds a bit like stuff I receive from nigeria. Let me just go over it, step by step as I understood it.

"We tried to do everything right"

bla bla bla

"Its all the fascists and the polices fault"

bla bla bla

"Now help us prosecute them"

bla bla bla

"This has been hard on us"

bla bla bla

"We promise to give money back"

bla bla bla

I sure hope the last sentiment is something that will be honoured, giving people their money back.

For the rest, its just a description of how things have been fucked up. Its unbelievable, for me, how you could go on with the festival under those circumstances, very amateurish.

In a country, where you know this is the way things work, it was VERY irresponsible of you even trying to get this off the ground, with all the paper work not being in order.

LUCKILY noone died or got seriously hurt, if they had, it would in part have been your fault.

Now, people just threw their vacation time out of the window, and another festival they could have gone too missed out on some precious freaky clientel.

I for sure will never go to one of your events, I dont think people should support this kind of thinking at all.

Sure, I can see, all the intentions where there... but... the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and in the end, intentionens dont mean a thing - what matters is the effect ones actions has on the world.

Anyways, thanks for giving your version, it was becoming increasingly embarrassing with the total silence from the organizer.

Also, other organizers MIGHT learn from your mistakes. Hopefully people in general will have, since without their support, this shit wouldnt even get off the ground before everything is in order to begin with.

- Krell
          Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
LiPoCat

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 16:32
hé mister, be sure that french ppl suporte chris now, and if you read carrefully the explainations and ask your heart then maybe you'll erase your post!
if you've got a little bit of compassion...
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 16:56
Quote:

On 2007-08-21 16:32, LiPoCat wrote:
ask your heart then maybe you'll erase your post!

My heart said "no!"

Compassion ?

People sleep in the bed they make for themselves. Most compassionate action is, to help them learn how to make their bed properly.

- Krell
          Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 17:13
That post shows...stupidity, lack of professionalism, immaturity, and ignorance.

As simple as that...we have the "organizer"(apparently that's what he consider himself to be) assuming after a phone call that the festival can be done.

Still...I find fascinating that he carried on working after the 11th of July when he got the final and definitive negative answer.
I strongly disagree with Krell at one point though
Quote:
LUCKILY no one died or got seriously hurt, if they had, it would in part have been your fault.

It would have been his fault 100% like
everything that went wrong.

If being a freak means being a brainless c*nt...I'm sure as hell ain't one.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Hermione Zap Zap
Inactive User

Posted : Aug 21, 2007 17:25
^ +1

I am quite contradictory at times

I just hope his apology is sincere, that he intends to refund people, and that he won't make the same mistakes again.

He's taken the hardest step, which is to post here and await the avalanche of posts, and to (hopefully) understand what people are saying
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 21, 2007 17:34
The hardest step is post a few bollocks in a forum???

I don't think so...that'd be: Refunding the punters, compensating the shops, assuming himself what he really is...a clueless person with no knowledge of what it takes to be in this scene whatsoever.

The freak cats are fun to read in some comic book, not screwing other people's hard earned holidays.

This is the kind of promoters that should be forever banned from this scene.

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Hermione Zap Zap
Inactive User

Posted : Aug 21, 2007 17:44
Maybe I misunderstood.

I got the impression he is sincerely sorry for what happened.

*grabs coat*

*poff*

Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - -- Freaky dragons festival -- 7 / 14 August 2007
← Prev Page
23 24 25 26 27 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance