Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)

Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 2, 2007 21:51
D-Nox (Christian Wedekind) & Beckers (Frank Beckers) are 2 seasoned players in the Electronic music scene. Although their first steps can be cautiously called Psy Trance related (D-Nox as the person behind the success of Plastic Park, Tatsu and most recently Sprout Music and Frank Beckers behind his old alias, Space Safari, Export Audio and recently simply Beckers) their current output is very loosely Psy Trance related . Both of them are amongst the most stubborn infiltrators of the Progressive House and Minimal Techno into the Psy Trance scene, a crime that many dreadlocked party goers will swear to never forgive. For the rest of us mortals they brought many interesting directions into the somewhat stale lately Psy scene. Beckers’ Switch 12” was one of the biggest dust raisers in 2005 a surprising success of which was followed by a myriad of remixes ranging from excellent to simply horrible “replace the bassline and raise the BPM bar full-on remixes”. D-Nox in his turn became one of the most demanded DJ’s and became a top crowd pleaser in any respectable summer festival. The two at first collaborated on Air Bureau’s We Shine remix and soon afterwards released a few 12” hits, notably My Number One, You’re a Star, Memory Cell with Amo and Navas and Naked Punch.
With this album that followed the great success of the singles I am guessing they had 2 options. One is to continue their well established sound and release another album that will copy the hits and will staple their already prominent presence. The other and the harder option was to try to create something new. Luckily they have chosen the second option and attempted to create something more minimal, more abstract and deeper than anything they have created before. My first impressions from this album were quite disappointing to say the least. The album sounded like a bunch of loops that move along with no visible progression and on top of that a few tracks had some of the cheesiest vocals I have been exposed to since I have stopped listening to mainstream electronic music. But… for some reason I just couldn’t stop listening to it, little by little understanding the little things that actually evolve, the little but fat grooves and those typical German percussion tricks just made me want more. After few weeks of raping these tracks over and over I came to the inevitable and fair conclusion that this album is the shit, but not for everyone. This album has almost no connection to Psy Trance and as such this review’s appearance on Isratrance is unusual to say the least and misplaced to be fair. Yet, since those guys’ music is a very frequent visitor in our parties and tracks from this album are already shaking the dancefloors as I type, this review shall appear here, and also shall be hailed as it is the best non Psy Trance album that you’ll probably be hearing in all the best parties this summer.

Favorites: All the tracks are bloody brilliant.

Recommendation: Get it from Beatport if you are a DJ and prefer the full tracks or from other online shops as a CD if you prefer the superbly mixed version.

PS, special thanks to Mr. Ventura for not resting till I liked the hell of it.

Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Nomolos(Zenon Rec.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Aug 2, 2007 22:30
Quote:

On 2007-08-02 21:51, Pavel wrote:

PS, special thanks to Mr. Ventura for not resting till I licked the hell of him.

ehhhh ok.....

"....or is it???"

www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/thenomolos
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 2, 2007 23:08
Quote:

On 2007-08-02 22:30, Nomolos(Zenon Rec.) wrote:
Quote:

PS, special thanks to Mr. Ventura for not resting till I licked the hell of him.

ehhhh ok.....

Hehe, bastard! See ya tomorrow, bring baby oil.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 3, 2007 01:23
Quote:

On 2007-08-02 22:30, Nomolos(Zenon Rec.) wrote:
Quote:

ehhhh ok.....

Mr. Ventura is pretty pleased by now I presume.. Way to go Pavel           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
duodenumz
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 3, 2007 04:22
Quote:

The album sounded like a bunch of loops that move along with no visible progression and on top of that a few tracks had some of the cheesiest vocals I have been exposed to since I have stopped listening to mainstream electronic music.

I don't understand how someone could not hear the track progression. That tune "Arnousa Day" is an epic journey if ever there was one.

But I do agree re: the vocals. Very mixed opinions on that front.
Eagle`

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 7, 2007 20:31
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 09:18, Mr.Hanky wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 00:35, kaz wrote:
D-Nox & Beckers should be reviewesd as house music. This is not psychedelic, therefor this is not psychedelic trance. I believe this entire thread should be marked offtopic and locked because of irrelevance to our scene, and I believe (/hope) the artists would agree to this. Seriously, listen to house if you're rabid fanboys. This is not the place.

This post might have been valid a few years ago.Today it just looks closed-minded and dated
(no offence kaz,talking IMHO here).
These days this kind of music is being played at almost each psytrance festival at one point or another.Many ppl find it psychedelic indeed.are they all wrong ?
Granted, most tracks here live in the mininal techno world,or "house" as u called it. But lots of other influences are abound -the result is very good in my ears,and certanly belongs in this forum. Heck im sure one can find more psychedelia in this album more than in tons of other "proper" fullon psychedelic releases nowdays.

My album of the year,so far

word up
pr0ph3t

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 11, 2007 08:31
i expected it to be more punchy and much more aggressive,,, which could suit more hard house but they remained somewhere between psytrance and electro dance ... i never thought i would but i like Perfect Stranger and Antix better than this one ... those been clearly different league for me, now it's an opposite ...           once upon a time i was a troll in here
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 09:00
I dig the track ''left behind''           SPLINTER
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 16, 2007 18:30
"changes" is definitly a great tune!
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Dec 2, 2007 21:02
Kicks ass imo.
Where can I find more music like this?
duodenumz
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Dec 4, 2007 11:55
Quote:

On 2007-12-02 21:02, Mike A wrote:
Kicks ass imo.
Where can I find more music like this?

You might like this mix I did:

http://www.the-psychologist.com/mixes/The_Psychologist_-_Elektro_Shock_(10052007).mp3

Minilogue - The Girl From Botany Bay
Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink (Holden rmx)
POTS - Trance Popper
Minilogue - Space
D-Nox & Beckers - Arnousa Day
Extrawelt - Fernweh
Pascal FEOS - Ausklang
The Knife - Silent Shout
D-Nox & Beckers - Changes
Kooler - Solid Kiss
Alexander Kowalski - Start Chasing (Extrawelt rmx)
X-Dream - Ultratube (Pascal FEOS rmx)
Shaman - The Gate
VNV Nation - Strata
VNV Nation - Interceptor
Infected Mushroom - BP Empire
James Holden - The Wheel
Petter - All Together
Petter - Left Turned
xrust
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Dec 4, 2007 20:29
Quote:

On 2007-12-04 11:55, duodenumz wrote:

http://www.the-psychologist.com/mixes/The_Psychologist_-_Elektro_Shock_(10052007).mp3

POTS - Trance Popper
Minilogue - Space
Extrawelt - Fernweh
Pascal FEOS - Ausklang

man you must really enjoying minilogue           Signature:

duodenumz
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 22:47
Quote:

On 2007-12-04 20:29, xrust wrote:
Quote:

POTS - Trance Popper
Minilogue - Space
Extrawelt - Fernweh
Pascal FEOS - Ausklang

man you must really enjoying minilogue

Indeed
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Dec 7, 2007 13:47
Quote:

On 2007-12-05 22:47, duodenumz wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-04 20:29, xrust wrote:
Quote:

POTS - Trance Popper
Minilogue - Space
Extrawelt - Fernweh
Pascal FEOS - Ausklang

man you must really enjoying minilogue

Indeed

they are the best ...can play a whole set with just their tunes and the crowd will go "Woah!!!"

back to topic
i agree with pavel... was trying to pick favourites the other day but just cant make up my mind ...shanghigh would be the one ive hammered the most though!!!

New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jan 9, 2008 17:26
Quote:

On 2007-06-16 23:47, full_on wrote:
This album is not my cup of tea, but it can be sweet if you give it a proper try.

Hehehe... My original just arrived.
I ordered it as part of my own christmas gift.

Good music for home listening, also to listen while working.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance