Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)

Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 13:45
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 09:18, Mr.Hanky wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 00:35, kaz wrote:
D-Nox & Beckers should be reviewesd as house music. This is not psychedelic, therefor this is not psychedelic trance. I believe this entire thread should be marked offtopic and locked because of irrelevance to our scene, and I believe (/hope) the artists would agree to this. Seriously, listen to house if you're rabid fanboys. This is not the place.

This post might have been valid a few years ago.Today it just looks closed-minded and dated
(no offence kaz,talking IMHO here).
These days this kind of music is being played at almost each psytrance festival at one point or another.Many ppl find it psychedelic indeed.are they all wrong ?
Granted, most tracks here live in the mininal techno world,or "house" as u called it. But lots of other influences are abound -the result is very good in my ears,and certanly belongs in this forum. Heck im sure one can find more psychedelia in this album more than in tons of other "proper" fullon psychedelic releases nowdays.

My album of the year,so far

I understand what Kaz wrote, and I actually agree with him.
As in the meaning of what Psychedelic trance or Progressive is, this 'surely isn't 'Psychedelic'.

Although it might be Psychedelic in it's own way.
Really anything could be Psychedelic when on dope!

But it's not Psychedelic/Prog Trance!

But should we then review any Techno or other music albums on here as well???

Nevertheless it's a rocking album.
DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 14:14
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 00:05, diskOtek wrote:

there's much better minimal out there at least for my appetite!

I have to agree.
It's a good quality album from a great producer & a great DJ
But if you go out and search the minimal realms you'll find stuff that is in many leagues above this album.
Album of the year is for sure a far out statement imho

Shanghigh rox my boat!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 14:39
Quote:

D-Nox & Beckers should be reviewesd as house music. This is not psychedelic, therefor this is not psychedelic trance. I believe this entire thread should be marked offtopic and locked because of irrelevance to our scene, and I believe (/hope) the artists would agree to this. Seriously, listen to house if you're rabid fanboys. This is not the place.

and what about YOURS reviews about plastikman and alike ? whats up kaz back to annoy ?
          Believe your soul !
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 15:11
im probably agree with kaz....but let it be!

this is hypocrisy of all those ppl that said new infected album is not psychedelic enough!
and skazi ,gms, 1200 mics should be banned !

this is hypocrisy of all those prog/minimal lovers ...
that agressivly and ugly criticizing fullon and dark....and cannot accept legitimate critics!

its only fashion now to like prog/minimal....the most comercial genre this days (see psyshop charts )...
with thousands copypast "artists".....and this fashion will destroy this beautiful genre

my frustration is very big....because i had huge expectations from D-Nox & Beckers.....but

as i said before ...im not listening to "big names" ...only to music!

p.s: i recomend new Kiwa album ... On The Frequency

this is true meaning of progressive.....its progressive and inovative!

www.myspace.com/aliasix
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 15:28
Zombi: Plastikman is (by his own and many others' definition) music for acidheads. D-Nox and Beckers in interviews of theirs do NOT share this outlook on their music. I haven't said this is a bad album. No need to get touchy.

Mr. Hanky: people can tell me that Radiohead are the musical children of Pink Floyd (according to their wonderful innovation, depth and musical qualities) - that doesn't make them psychedelic rockers, even if I agree with that statement, even if there's a large overlapping of fanbases. IMO most Progressive trance has evolved out of the psytrance scene a while ago, as has Full-On. This is not a bad thing. As to the definition as psytrance - to paraphrase the famous compilation - let it RIP.

Definition of a word:
( taken from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/psychedelic )

Psychedelic - psy·che·del·ic

adj.
Of, characterized by, or generating hallucinations, distortions of perception, altered states of awareness, and occasionally states resembling psychosis.

n.
A drug, such as LSD or mescaline, that produces such effects.

Thesaurus:

Adj.
1. psychedelic - producing distorted sensory perceptions and feelings or altered states of awareness or sometimes states resembling psychosis; "psychedelic drugs like psilocybin and mescaline"
psychoactive, psychotropic - affecting the mind or mood or other mental processes; "psychoactive drugs"

2. psychedelic - having the vivid colors and bizarre patterns associated with psychedelic states; "a psychedelic painting", colorful, colourful - having striking color; "colorful autumn leaves"

3. psychedelic - of a mental state characterized by intense and distorted perceptions and hallucinations and feelings of euphoria or sometimes despair; "a psychedelic experience"
agitated - troubled emotionally and usually deeply; "agitated parents"

The fact that a million people agree doesn't make them right. None of these definitions hold.
          http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 15:38
Quote:

/signed

/yawn
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 18:28
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 15:28, kaz wrote:
Zombi: Plastikman is (by his own and many others' definition) music for acidheads. D-Nox and Beckers in interviews of theirs do NOT share this outlook on their music. I haven't said this is a bad album. No need to get touchy.

but somehow dnox and beckers plays all worth psy parties and plastikman dont.. hmmm.. interesting isnt it ? as far as i know this forum isnt forum for acidheads (as far as i know this forum dont support drugs) but for trancers and ppl that going to that parties so lets say at least u can agree that your review should be deleten, forgoten and never again done?
u can call this album bad and thats fine, but to say its not have place to be reviewed on this forum ? come on those guys rock every psy party on this globe for years now, litlle respect even from acidhead like you expected.

btw - sahtein for dictionary works... u r real even shoshan of acid universe.          Believe your soul !
Hugo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 07:37
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 14:14, DJ Buju wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 00:05, diskOtek wrote:

there's much better minimal out there at least for my appetite!

I have to agree.
It's a good quality album from a great producer & a great DJ
But if you go out and search the minimal realms you'll find stuff that is in many leagues above this album.

I have to follow this statment as well, for sure there is more really good minimal stuff that is above of this album in any context but this one isn't to bad after all. I really dig into "Shanghigh", nice work.
          Michael Jackson "Some people prefer to take life as it is without complications, some others we like to take life from the cornice of the wildest jungle"

http://www.myspace.com/traffikmanagement
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 11:13
Does the genre really matter? This is imo far closer to psychedelic trance than about any post 2003 produced full on album is. At least it's not about some grandpa or a wanna be rockstar backed up by unplugged electronic guitars playing clowns on stage.

Anyways I like this album. There's a nicey nice groove to it. Been taking long bike rides around the town late at nights with this beauty playing.

Steve Jobs would no doubt call it revolutionary, but that, like the iPhone it's not. It's just plain and simple: nice.
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Shahar Indepth
Indepth
Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 13:08
Call it minimal ,

call it prog,

call it tek,

call it psychedelic,

call it fuckin' polka

who cares?

in my opinion this is a groovy album , who the hell cares about the genres?

if you dont like it dont buy it

---------------------------------------------
www.indepth1.com
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 16:36
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 18:28, Zombi wrote:
but somehow dnox and beckers plays all worth psy parties and plastikman dont.. hmmm.. interesting isnt it ?

Allow me to explain the subtext of my post one final time: The market doesn't define what's right - it defines how to market it. PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE, is IMHO, what psytrance should be about. I'm saying that D-Nox and Beckers have about as much to do with psytrance as fire-twirling, pot and vosdka/redbulls. It occurs in the same places, and there's a big overlapping fanbase to them. This album is great at what it does. I have no specific problem with this album.

"believe your soul" (your signature, if I need to point out) and "they play at psytrance parties" don't mix - you just get pissed off that someone says what he thinks the obvious ("believing my soul", if you will) while you're looking to others to help you find a consensus to strengthen your arguement. Looking for a good nature party and some ass-shaking tunes doesn't make you part of what defines psytrance, and unfortunately, I have always been about psychedelic music - not about what goes on in parties.

btw: I've not done acid in years now, so labeling me as an acidhead would be like me labelling you as a cokehead DJ - very comfortable, but pure slander, no truth . And while talking about what defines "psychedelic", using google and looking up what the word means in order to be sure you aren't making an ass of yourself seemed prudent. After all, despite my belief, you may be right, as obviously, we don't agree.          http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 17:18
i'm loving the samples, but where oh where is the beatport release???

yes i realize shanghigh/changes was released as a single, but i'm looking for the whole album (unmixed).

thanks!
Jester Records
Jester Records

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 18:18
Karmakanik : you can pick up most of the killer tunes already on beatport.. just search under Beckers !

PEACE
          www.jesterrecords.ca
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 19:25
Quote:

On 2007-06-15 18:18, Jester Records wrote:
Karmakanik : you can pick up most of the killer tunes already on beatport.. just search under Beckers !

PEACE

thanks for the tip clown... unfortunately all i've been able to find is the shanghigh/changes single and the XLR8R rmx... they're all nice and good, but i was specifically looking for "pick up" and "left behind"... any word on when we will see unmixed digital versions of these available to purchase?

much obliged!

Tomer
Yotopia

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 09:11
silly argument guys .... realy !

we can talk about definitions till next year ... at the end of a day , theres an artist who makes the music that he loves ...

in my perspective a true artist should know how to invent himself over again & thats exactly what they did ...

u may not like the outcome and its ok (i personnly love it) but i think u should admire the fact that they are trying to evolve.
          visit us on myspace.com/yotopia
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance