Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)

mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 10:33
good ass shaking clubby house cd .. but its not psychedelic from any angle ..so why this stuff is being reviewed here ? .. next will be teisto reviews
Sandoz

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 21:11
Ohh, and this is certanily not the zeitgeist we would expect for german producers.
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 23:47
In short, I agree with kas and Alias.
I found this discussion positive, particularly because each part respected the other's opinions in spite of disagreeing. All below is IMHO.

I have to say that playing in psytrance Festivals do not make the music psychedelic. Most people around agree that diversity is good, and in the last couple of months the line ups of the Festivals reflect a popular demand for diversity within the psytrance genre and outside it, specially towards the house and electro genre.

There's no way to say some music is or is not psychedelic. Someone may listen to Beatles and say it is psychedelic, other may say Madonna's music make them trip, what the hell you're going to say to these people? The psychedelic is inside their brain, music is just a switch to turn it on, it is very subjective, and thus we will never have a computer program who can tell which music is and which is not psychedelic because there's no objective way to analyze it. Common sense can suggest that "this music is psychedelic for most of the people, while this other is not", but specific individual experiences are practically impossible to predict.

Quote:

On 2007-06-15 11:13, traveller wrote:
Does the genre really matter?

Yes, regarding posting reviews here I think it matters, unless you want to see this forum spammed with a zillion non-psytrance related promotional reviews.

I don't think this is a psytrance release, I mean if someone ask me: "Can you recommend me a psytrance album?" I'd never suggest this one. Also I don't think that the genre who best suits this album is psytrance, of course this is only my opinion. But this is definitely a psytrance-related released, and the proof is that it is getting more reviews from the psyheads around here than the XI album for example. So I think it deserves a topic to be reviewed here, the same way Infected Mushroom also do.

This album is not my cup of tea, but it can be sweet if you give it a proper try. As I hear it, this release is more "easily digestible" and accessible than the proper psy progressive releases, and so it must be reaching a wider crowd and selling more. I think this was a good move from D-Nox & Beckers, after Switch they became "too famous" (in a good way) to be restrained which the "psytrance genre", not to mention their music was already flirting with other genres for a while now, and there’s absolutely no need to produce only psytrance. People must learn to let the artists do what they feel.
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 02:35
i don't have this album, but i saw d-nox playing it 2 weekends ago and it was one hell of a party.. i loved the music so i'm looking forward to get this one           When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 02:43
Quote:

On 2007-06-14 15:28, kaz wrote:
IMO most Progressive trance has evolved out of the psytrance scene a while ago, as has Full-On. This is not a bad thing. As to the definition as psytrance - to paraphrase the famous compilation - let it RIP.

this i agree - if d-nox and beckers album shouldn't be reviewed here bc it's not psychedelic, what to say about most full on releases nowadays? imo it's not psychedelic music at all, just a bunch of noises with peaks           When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 02:57
Quote:

On 2007-06-17 02:43, salvia_divinorum wrote:

what to say about most full on releases nowadays? imo it's not psychedelic music at all, just a bunch of noises with peaks

Too true!           http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Posted : Jun 17, 2007 03:00
Psychedelic experience is totally personal. There fore there are no rules for what is Psy and what isn't except maybe the most mainstream music that is so easy listening that has no subtleness at all.

All this big discussion is about nothing, since there is no right and wrong here.           http://perfectlystrange.com
SinSilly

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 08:02
Why not reviewing it here when it's a fact there's a lot of interest in this release from our scene? yeh, we could just ignore it and set up an absolutly non-psychedelic fractalfree rendez-view place on another webpage, preferably hosted on a pirate server which runs from a datacenter, build on an oil platform in de pacific sea. Far enough from The Bermude triangle which might be a little too psychedelic to have around.

As for the album itself, new directions are good but I really prefer their previous stuff, which is more funkier and elevating. More sexy.. playfull.
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 23:38
I personally didn't connect to the album that much cause I prefer my minimal a bit weirder but i still prefer this stuff at proper time in a party over pretty much everything the "Psy" Scene releases these days. At least these guys had the balls to break their own mold that brought them a worldwide success and for that i salute. Any other Electronic music producer would continue surfing the "Switch" waves until oblivion.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
elad (blackout)
Blackout

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 18, 2007 12:58
you know guys it's funny. im sit with my morning coffee,read all the dialog and stuff you putt here
,and ask my self: what's bad?..im enjoy to hear this album now (with my coffee),afternoon (with cold beer),i 'll enjoy to sway my butt with it(in club) and of course to play it,so it's not matter which genre it is or if this post belong here,like i warit at my firs post here (page 1).''it tuch everything in everywere''
take it easy

http://www.myspace.com/blackoutgroove
xfalabella
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 21, 2007 00:32
just to tell something to u guys,

a couple of tracks of left behind has been played in many dj sets nowadays

in the Cachoeira Alta Dance Festival....

I heard Arnousa Day,Pick Up,Changes & Shanghigh more than 2 times...

they are references to many artists in progressive....they've been copied by many artists

now they are following new trends & starting a new and fresh style...

i have listened one new track called "Visionary - Inside Out (D-Nox & Beckers Rmx)

its just awesome...they are making progress in this style...and we can wait for more smashing hits so far

some people should talk about this german guys with more respect

just my opinion           www.myspace.com/vfalabellaprogressive
www.enigma.art.br
www.spintwist.de

AEROSPACE - STEREO FLIP IS OUT !
KHAINZ - MODUL8 is OUT!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jun 21, 2007 14:00
Over the years thire sigles were very good. but this album is nothing like that. not my cup of tea at all. i tought it would be so good but no...           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
fire_dance

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 14:35
guys, modern life is not a constant psy/religious/shamanistic ritual, isn't it? =) of course this album is not the best acidtrip soundtrack around, but you don't do acid every day, right? =)

the very good lesson from psytrips is to feel the beauty of the world in every piece of art made with a sweet soul.. so why just not to listen to this soulful minimal electrohouse release, made by two talented guys with a good sense of humour? throw out your stereotypes, and you're ready to fly.. and to learn and to develop yourself =)

maybe they're not setting the new trend, just reflecting the current, but (especially) as a mixed CD it's a bloody good music flow with many deep & funky moments.. respect!
Rui Ferreira
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 18:21
i don't by mixed cds, but the Shanghigh 12 inch released on electribe it's amazing stuff...hats off d-nox and beckers
GMO

Posted : Jun 27, 2007 13:28
This is really great ass-shaking-groovy music!
Respekt!
Greetz
Olaf
(GMO - new Album coming soon)
www.myspace.com/gmoyse
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - D-Nox & Beckers - Left Behind (Electribe, May 2007)
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance