First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2006

ruialves

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 12, 2006 22:28
booooooom!!!!!!!!!!

what a fucking great festival, the most internacional festival of the world, one more time...

the ideology of bamboo (dancefloor, chill out, yoga and many other structures) who was behind of the festival it's a great idea, the new places (the bridge it's wonderful, sacred fire awsom), the old places (the lsd street is still alive oh yeah), the re-organization of all parts of the festival, the people around the world (30 000, 35 000 who knows?) from 80 nationalitys, the night sound (double rel, iguana, highko, zik, natan, quasar, kemic fuck all of us), the day sound (penta, n3xus and fungus funk at 7 a.m. hehehe and electric universe, transwave, broken toy, commercial hippies, z-man, biotonic, zen mechanics...), the opening sound (gangagiri super super, hilight tribe what a vision)....

anybody seen that guy who have the tshirt "game over, insert more drugs"?

HappYLeptiC
Double R.E.L. / Freeze

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 13, 2006 01:50
Wooo!!! Hi everybody, i guess i am still speechless & kinda shakey ,

i have no words 2 describe the feeling of what i felt this week -
The place, the music, the ppl, my dream of playing in Boom becoming truth...
10X Diogo, Jigar, P-Mac, Megan(Moe), & the gr8 caring & loving Boom ppl - 4 creating such a trance city 2 all this gr8 ppl & bringing us art & culture in it's best...
It defintly was an event that we will never forget

Boom & Mucho Obrigado 2 u all !!!
          Freeze Album "ORCHESTRA" - Out Soon !!!
freezetrance@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/doublerelparrot
www.fractalrecords.ch
www.myspace.com/freezeisrael
tv@oxygen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 13, 2006 17:25
Thanx a lot fot this wonderfull Bamboom...i cant believe to where the human imagination can go..unbelievable!

Kino Oko, Commersial Hippies and Z-man made my stay pleasant from the musical side....on the other hand too much hell music (felt sometimes like the 3rd world war started:)..and trough the day maybe too much house/electro...but still dont complain..Boom is Boom..

also the Utopia was really nice..pretty different place (nearby river in a valley with loads of shade)..was a great change after the boom's dust.

Congrats to everyone anyhow involved!           ..my hovercraft is full of eels...

***Oxygenrecords.com***

*current releases*
2st digital release out soon - Protonica and Suntree
lokus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 13, 2006 21:23
great festival
everything was excellent
except the nighttime mainfloor!
imo in the night the music was most of the time pain in the ass, i know that there is a great "dark"-psy scene and some of these acts should play but not every night the whole night long...
i like hard music but not that poorly produced noise pollution...
funny that so many wrote that they had a so wonderful time. i(and many others) didnt see a lot of people having a great time while these acts were playing...
the worst act by far i saw was tryambaka.
"extremely badly produced"!! dumb and pointless uplifting mayhem without any psy in it...
the daylight music was much better.
pretty disappointing for me

everything else was great           - last possible solution
- trick music
- ambivalent records
myspace.com/lokuz

ps: y trance?
keita

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 13, 2006 21:54
tastes are tastes 4 me the festival was good only at night lol, that sound at day was house or electro ??? at day i only like - ace ventura ,dick trevor , cely ,penta , n3xu5, sbk ,z-man, and at night was perfect specialy - g.o.w. , yabyum , amanda (this girl its the best) and everyting was good at night !!!
but it was a grest fest with very things to do specialy beaching
biberFreund
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Aug 14, 2006 00:49
Thank you BOOM Family, it was an unforgettable experience. I hope to be there next time, too...

Lokus is right about the night-music though... I never went to the dancefloor at night... it was music for gravediggers and noone I spoke to enjoyed this "music".
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Aug 14, 2006 00:56
nice rewiews 2008 am there for sure           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 14, 2006 10:56
amanda was killer! woman power at its best hell yeah           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 14, 2006 14:12
as a first time boomer all i can say i WOW!!!!
really an amazing festival at an amazing location!
beautiful structures and decorations, soundsystem was SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!
i really enjoyed the liminal village, caught some very good workshops and information there

as for the music, not much to say really but THANKS!!!!
favorite moments in no order:
zik,derango,marko,kemic al, amanda,quasar, penta, gow, ghreg on earth,trold, anar,

the chillout area was really nice too.... thankfully the lake was not far , so we could easely go for a swim when it got too hot! otherwise im not sure if i would have made it back home! hehe

to all the people i never got around to meet , hopefully ill see you next time

now im off to take care of the stomachflue i caught down there!

Thank you all for a great Boom experience
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 14, 2006 15:02
I love it when something turns out to be infinitely better than you expected. My Hopes for boom were all about nice music, people, scenery. Pretty much like any other festival. It was like that. But much nicer . After 3hours on a plane, 10 hours of trains a 5km walk and a taxi, my jaw hit the ground. As this was my first proper trance festival I felt soooo not worthy (although of course I was ).
Was a little annoyed at myself being a morning/progressive junkie as I couldnt really stand the heat during the day. Turns out that the crazy dark stuff people had warned me about was more than adequate. It was my birthday on the 7th. Best ever. Highlight tribe? What? A band on stage? But they sound just like good psy trance! Wow! And Amanda's set. Usually if I know a female DJ is playing I always have to have a close look to complete the fantasy by confirming how physically attractive she is... couldnt keep my head still. But hell... that crazy blur plays the best damn tunes I ever heard!

I'll have to keep my schedule clear for 2008/10/12/14/16...
algiz

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 14, 2006 15:41
once again, i loved boom, wish i could have more strength to discover all boom things, but the heat was just unstandable..the lake was amazing (the place where i spent more at at the festival at day) at night the dancefloor had lots of suprises, the djs and the great laser effects..much more complete..at day i thought it was a little disapointing (prefferd the 2004 dancefllor..we had much more air to breathe and i preffer the circular system..the energy flows with more easily), for us portuguese ppl the fresh water price was very high..but..unfortunally money is needed..
fuck the cops..
love the boomers, love the liminal village..every year is getting better and is great to spread this ecological counscioness..we are one to turn our planet a better place..           "We are intellect without form...all else is choice"
ArSoX

Posted : Aug 14, 2006 15:51
no words... Boom place seems like other galaxy for 1 week!! I was 3 times there but always
new experiences!!

For me the sound at night was the best! Highko dj set was powerfull night stuff!!

See u all there in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bagginz
Cosmosis

Posted : Aug 14, 2006 15:56
Quote:

1: great festival exceptional organized
10/10

Agreed.

Not just a Trance party. An truly excellent, well organized festival expressing psychedelic and alternative culture and lifestyles.

Quote:

(by night)

2: an apocalyptic noise pollution gathering.

2/10

Lol!

I have to agree.

Never has OTT's description of trance music as " Four angry men building a shed" been so appropriate.

The night time music actually gave me bad dreams as I fell asleep in my tent listening to it.

I do wonder about the intentionality of the people making such music. What effect are they trying to create in people exactly?

I used to love watching horror films with all the blood and gore when I was a teenager, but then I grew up.

Maybe by this time in my life I have exorcised all my personal demons because nothing, even in the remotest corners of my being, resonates with a music that appears to exclusively express gloom, doom, alienation and despair.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that DJs should play some kind of Polyanna "It's o.k kids, it's only trance" sets.
Expressing the dark side has always been part of trance music, I have made some pretty scary sounding tracks myself, but the issue here is one of balance and proportionality.

8 hours straight every single night of (mostly) badly produced tracks of random scratchy noises over a bassline IMO is just a badly conceived programme that does not best include everyone (especially the trippers)
Light and shade is good.

ALL of the people that I hung out with at the festival, most of whom are serious festival veterans and long time trancers and the vast majority of people that I spoke to, hated the music at night and completely avoided the main floor every night. One Swiss guy I met who accidentally stumbled into the dance area one night after necking some liquid called it "The witches pit" He managed to escape before being too badly traumatized.

But all in all a really great festival especially given that there were a great many nice places to hang out while avoiding the nightime music.

In future a little more thinking and some careful planning of the the music programme on Boom's part would make a lot more people much happier and make an already outstanding festival even better.

A great stage and sound system to play on too.

Please bear in mind that I very much aware that there is no accounting for taste and that I am expressing my personal opinion.

Cheers,
Bill

www.cosmosis.co.uk

Webshop: http://cosmosis.bandcamp.com
essbee
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 14, 2006 16:29
I forgot to mention the showers - all I can say is the best of any festival I have been to....the concept was excellent - the people you meet who all give a collective sigh as the cold water hits them at night....the queues of more than 200 people which move so quickly.....

Also - the hills - we were camped over the back and it was the best damned hip, bum and thigh work out ever!! : ))))

Also, Andromeda - I have been a fan of Chromosome for a while, but Andromeda were breaking new boundaries....virtual reality trance??? Amazing!!!
shivagordo

Posted : Aug 14, 2006 17:06
hello again i´m portuguese and for me was perfec the best festival of trance in europe and about the music i liked more the day music that the nigth but i could not dance 24h in four days so for me just perfect i went to the main floor evry day after the sun rise and get aut at 20.i never dance so many hours whit so good music to all dj for the good music they gives us and that to goodmood for going so good on the good way .sorry my inglish.only a trancer no the feeling keep coming and see you all in 2008
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
77 78 79 80 81 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance