Benji27
Inactive User
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 01:44
Quote:

On 2011-03-20 18:01, TranceVisuals wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-20 16:31, Gunter wrote:
I also think, that this behaviour of the "fun-people" (hohoho) is really childish and makes this forum poorer and poorer.

+1

Totally agree + a squillion

There's no heart to this forum anymore.

People here prefer to stab hearts rather than be all nice and kiss lol

last post

be good people

willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 06:31
there's plenty of heart. Also plenty of people that are sick and tired of bullshit offtopic psuedoscience in the Trance general forum.            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 06:34
fail thread has failed
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 08:43
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 06:31, willsanquil wrote:
there's plenty of heart. Also plenty of people that are sick and tired of bullshit offtopic psuedoscience in the Trance general forum.

This           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
TranceVisuals
TranceVisuals

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 09:01
Quote:

there's plenty of heart. Also plenty of people that are sick and tired of bullshit offtopic psuedoscience in the Trance general forum.

And you know what, I am sick and tired of people who only seem to think that psytrance is just a style of music, and enforce their opinions like it is reality.

Viva la difference.

www.youtube.com/trancevisuals

2,000,000+ views and counting.
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 11:28
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 09:01, TranceVisuals wrote:
Quote:

And you know what, I am sick and tired of people who only seem to think that psytrance is just a style of music, and enforce their opinions like it is reality.

Viva la difference.

Psytrance IS music (It's not a pair of jeans or a doughnut) and there are much better sections for your off-topic rants where no one will object to your many far fetched theories or spiritual "insights".

http://forum.isratrance.com/forum-technology

http://forum.isratrance.com/forum-spirituality
          www.beatagency.dk
TranceVisuals
TranceVisuals

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 11:34
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:28, Beat Agency wrote:
Psytrance IS music.....

It isn't just a type of music you know.

mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 11:40
a type of electronic music , that's all it is
TranceVisuals
TranceVisuals

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 11:44
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:40, mk47 wrote:

For you it might be, but it is a lot more for me, full of amazing wonderous things, amazing ideas and beautiful people. I feel a little sorry that it is only a sub-genre of music for you, but you are entitled to that reality, just as I am to mine.

Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 11:57
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:44, TranceVisuals wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:40, mk47 wrote:

For you it might be, but it is a lot more for me, full of amazing wonderous things, amazing ideas and beautiful people. I feel a little sorry that it is only a sub-genre of music for you, but you are entitled to that reality, just as I am to mine.

Well fine, each to his own taste and ideas (Its more than a sub genre to me but I get the creeps when pseudo hippies start their rants - Not saying you are a pseudo hippie), but there are still more appropriate forums to debate all your ideas in. You got the links in my last reply
          www.beatagency.dk
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 12:04
it's a type of electronic music that comes with a strong cultural connection. it's not like other genres do not. metal, jazz, reggae, hip hop. they all form around a core of subculture.

that being said not everyone's ready to immerse themselves into that aspect of things, to most it's just music and that really is important to the big picture because the culture is a small tiny subset of it.

for psytrance the community is dwindling. but the music listeners are growing.

coming from experiencing a lot frauds in the psytrance scene, I've been itching to take a shot at the whole lot, but truth be told there are a lot of amazing things that came along the way, and some larger than life stuff that still turns my world upside down.

this really belongs in the technology section, especially if you want people to take you seriously.

Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 12:31
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:34, TranceVisuals wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:28, Beat Agency wrote:
Psytrance IS music.....

It isn't just a type of music you know.

Saying something is music, does not degrade its effect on people. Music can make people cry out of ecstasy or sadness, it can make you love with all your being, hate, laugh. Music can take you to the outer rings of Saturn and back once you close your eyes.
It is so strong that it can change people's lives for ever, but it is still, music.
Even if one says music is "just" music, it does not change the fact that people's lives have meaning because of music.

LSD can take you deep inside your self, so deep you have never been before, it makes you feel at one with the earth, trees, other people, like the waveforms coming out of a PA are washing the doubts and insecurities you always had, like a religious, cathartic experience that filters out all the negative aspects of your self, yet it is "just" a chemical reaction in your brain.

Peace out.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 12:32
I am probably one of those in this forum who's been in this scene the longest time (I know there are a few other members too). And I have seen it all and heard it all. All the Boom Shiva's, cosmic orgasms, we are soooo special, we are the enlightened people etc.

There is of course room for everybody. THAT IS THE VISION OF THIS SCENE. But my problem are those (I call them pseudo-hippies) who think they are the only "right" members of this community and the way they always seem to to push their IMO delusional ideas down the throat on members who honestly just want to listen to music they love and dance.

Again each to his own.But just as religion. I don't want to hear about it unless I visit the right forum seeking to speak about it.           www.beatagency.dk
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 12:33
nicely said DH!
TranceVisuals
TranceVisuals

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 13:37
Still to me, psy-trance, is an abreviation for psychedelic trance, which referred to the act/experience of the audience/participator.
Sure people who never experienced a psychedelic trance are attracted to the music.
Sure the DJs and musicians appreciate getting a wider audience, and the adulation that comes with it.
But when it becomes just a sub-genre/style of music, it loses that magical quality, which I would personally define as the actual real experience. It becomes "divorced" from its roots, and suddenly it becomes about bpms, which snares to use, whether its dark, light, frothy, or covered in bechamel sauce.

But hey there should be enough room in this world, for all our visions. I would just suggest that you drop the label psytrance, and find some other label to "flog your product/egos" and let "psytrance" go out to pasture, to live peacefully with the mushrooms and hippies, and all that stuff that isn't in fashion.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - bioacoustics
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance