Author

bioacoustics

Remy [POF]
Principles Of Flight

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 14:46
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 09:01, TranceVisuals wrote:

And you know what, I am sick and tired of people who only seem to think that psytrance is just a style of music, and enforce their opinions like it is reality.

Viva la difference.

You say your sick and tiered of ppl that try to enforce their opinion like its reality but from your posts that's exactly what you are doing bro, for instance telling ppl that if they think that psytrance is just music they should label it otherwise, sorry but that's seriously retarded...
          On 2011-03-08 23:13, moki wrote:
listening only to free music is like having the free possibility to satisfy yourself with thousends of different free sexual acts.
TranceVisuals
TranceVisuals

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 14:58
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 14:46, Remy [POF] wrote:
sorry but that's seriously retarded...

Hmmmm. I suspect you aren't sorry at all.

Sure there is some inherent duplicity in my opinion/belief which is why I wasn't presenting it as fact.

The map is not the territory, as someone once wrote.           www.youtube.com/trancevisuals

2,000,000+ views and counting.
Remy [POF]
Principles Of Flight

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 15:04
          On 2011-03-08 23:13, moki wrote:
listening only to free music is like having the free possibility to satisfy yourself with thousends of different free sexual acts.
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 15:06
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 13:37, TranceVisuals wrote:
Still to me, psy-trance, is an abreviation for psychedelic trance, which referred to the act/experience of the audience/participator.
Sure people who never experienced a psychedelic trance are attracted to the music.
Sure the DJs and musicians appreciate getting a wider audience, and the adulation that comes with it.
But when it becomes just a sub-genre/style of music, it loses that magical quality, which I would personally define as the actual real experience. It becomes "divorced" from its roots, and suddenly it becomes about bpms, which snares to use, whether its dark, light, frothy, or covered in bechamel sauce.

But hey there should be enough room in this world, for all our visions. I would just suggest that you drop the label psytrance, and find some other label to "flog your product/egos" and let "psytrance" go out to pasture, to live peacefully with the mushrooms and hippies, and all that stuff that isn't in fashion.

You're biased. Probably from your experiences, but I see it differently, again from my experiences. When something is a sub genre of music, it does not loose any magic, does not make the experience any less real or intense, and the roots of the subgenre are firmly where they were before. The fault does not lie with psy-trance being "a subgenre". The fault lies (for the most part) with online shops that label music a certain way in order to shift units.
You need to look at the bigger picture and as you feel that some people miss label their music as psy-trance, so could you.

Peace out.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 15:24
All goa/psy/full-on/neogoa etc. etc. trance are sub genres to the true Trance born on this label. End of story!

Music is music!

http://www.discogs.com/label/MFS           www.beatagency.dk
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 15:30
So true,^
Experiences are always biased, thats why there is a sense of learning more. We can always join our indifferences to make a new understanding. We all learn from each other.

Hippie mumboJumbo But True.

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 15:37
Quote:

On 2011-03-20 02:16, aciduss wrote:
It is amazing how rapid you kill a promising topic like this. It is always easier to destroy right?

indeed. it goes fast. one cannot leave the forum even for a nice evening with a nice guy on saturday night. immediatelly they destroy absolutely anything. D:
which is not even funny any more, it is boring to see always the same 5-10 people who dont wanna read this and that. as if anyone cares if they do.

Quote:

On 2011-03-19 16:27, MARGHERITA wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 23:28, moki wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 20:38, Beat Agency wrote:
Moki this is a forum about psytrance not various hokus pokus cosmic energy topics and now biomusic (what does that have to do with psytrance?). I am sure there are more relevant forums for such topics.

if you don't know what do bioacoustics have to do with psy trance then you don't know what is psy trance at all. you are not interested in bioacoustic interactions between neuro systems or betweein living systems. you are not interested to found out the EXACT relationship between life forms and their acoustic environments . there is nothing " cosmic" in finding out the relationship between a life form and the natural environment and to research the evolution of bioacoustics with the time .
you are not interested on neurofeedback. actually you are not interested in the basic idea of what psy trance is about - well at least a live psy trance and not psy trance with your self sufficiency alone in your studio. at the same time you propagate in the other topic that psy trance was never about sex. well what then??

yeh yeah tell me you just have no brain in my presence and this will background everything about the on topic pics above.

it seem obvious to be interested by acoustic science in general , for a musician and sound designer ...

our society is very noisy for example , and this affect me big time, in a negative way ....

my ear morph during the years, only by using them to much in a loud environment ...

+ the whole chat on this forum about what sound is more psy than the other ...
totaly subjective off course ,
every body react in diferents ways ....
but
it make totaly sense to speak about that here and now ....

thanks for your link!:) it was very interesting.

of course this is a very trance related topic, there is no question. well at least it is something that has not been discussed yet, and subjects with "news value" are more interesting to me than always the same boring stuff connected to labels, and cds, and genres, and whatever it is.

my current issue was actually a group of people who connected their synth to plants and left the plants make music. it was strange to me to see how the plant reacts to movement , to other music, etc. and THIS IS trance, like it or not.

also bioacoustics is one of the most interesting things to investigate about trance. it is silly how those people above actually try to dictate what is trance and what is not - why? because as far as i am involved in doing any trance events with certain themes, whatever the themes are, then i can open a discussion with that theme in the trance forum pf isratrance. totally valid. like it or not. this is the trance scene - either you accept it or not.

it is another question that it would be more disturbing than constructive to actually put links of events and themes in the trance section of isratrance. that is why, i just dont believe it is a good idea to discuss here and now. NOW - yes. but not here. just let 'em destroy whatever they touch and dont let em touch your visions.

moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 15:43
Quote:

On 2011-03-20 20:41, MARGHERITA wrote:
http://artscilab.com

always the same pattern:). very interesting issue with the chaos theory and bioacoustics, thanks for posting. i wish i could talk to every scientists in the field immediately. would be very inspiring.
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 16:09
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:34, TranceVisuals wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-21 11:28, Beat Agency wrote:
Psytrance IS music.....

It isn't just a type of music you know.

This music is dance.           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 16:37
moki: if you have the right to post anything here on the forum, so same goes for us (trolls as you like to call us).

Change begins from within, i'll remind you again.

We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
moki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 17:44
dear dogon,

[ethics on]

it is not so much about rights (although i read quite a few nonsense posts about who has the right to post what in the trance section of isratrance. at the end of the day, very few people with admin access decide who has " rights" here, and not the general moral and ethics.

i meant simply the efficiency. societies base their interactions on certain agreements, which make life easier. this is why for example you always know where to go to if you have toothache or if you nead to buy coffee - you dont go to look for a dentist in the bakery for example. it makes life easier if we provide some orientation to each other. same with internet forum threads. you fill them with totally irrelevant stuff - so you make life simply very very unefficient. variety of ideas cannot be supported any more because we read always the same stuff about cds, genres and labels in every single topic. this one for example had nothing to do with cds, genres and labels.

it gets pretty boring. so yes, generally everyone has all rights. you even have the right to go and rob a bank if you want to - but this right is not based on agreement in society and there will most likely be consequences for you. you know. whatever it is - the consequence now will be that the forum is just getting poorer. me, i will always always find people on my wavelength. not sure if this forum will have much people on my wavelength in the future though.

[/END of ethics]
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 17:46
calmness decends

decends

decends

down into me

Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2011 17:50
moki: something thats non sense for you, could make sense for someone else & vice versa. So i would just suggest you to think before you call someone a troll or whatever. Just a suggestion.           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 17:59
Moki, you are completely right - we have all agreed upon basic conventions in society for the betterment of us all. I wouldn't go to the bakery to find a dentist, and I also wouldn't go to a Trance general section to debate biomusic/bioacoustics.

You are in effect trolling yourself by continuing to post non trance related topics in the general forum and then complaining about how people don't take you seriously or troll your posts.

Look at your original post. Does it mention Trance at all? Do any of those links talk about Trance? Do any of your questions have anything to do with Trance?

No. You could have said something like...'hey, there's this cool shit that people are doing with music/found sounds, I wonder if this would be something that Trance artists are interested in? Does anyone know any psy artists using biomusic methods in their material'

You did not do anything like this though, you didn't even try to tie it into trance - you just found something you thought was cool on the internet and posted it to the trance general section. Stop trolling yourself, and inciting the rest of us to troll you by violating the forum rules and put your shit in the appropriate section, or else you deserve all the lolpics you get.            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 18:01
actually moki doesnt seem to be interested in getting answers to any questions, seems like she is more interested in having an argument,is that true? why do u persist with this? what are you gaining out of this? all it does to you is disturb your peace, and none of ur questions r answered. dont you think there is a better way of getting some resonable answers, maybe a different approach in putting the questions forth? because whatever you r doing doesnt seem to be working at all.
and all this nonstop "lol" "pics" or whatever , post after post after post, is trolling, but i dont think u r a troll mate, i think u rule, and so does moki. but this kindoff non sense is not even funny anymore now.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - bioacoustics
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance