Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
74 75 76 77 78 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

!! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!

Yidam

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Oct 19, 2006 21:50
More things that have started to make sense...

I was reading about Shaman rituals and how at times of need the ones in the present look for help from the Shamans that died years, decades and centuries ago.

Apparently there is a structure that resembles a wormhole where each shaman has a timezone or an area which belongs to them. An index of sorts. So the ones in the present day enter a meditative state to reach their ancestors. In many cases Shamans are interlinked through death and rebirth therefore giving them the key to enter that specific timeline/wormhole.

So if you look at this lifeline as one life... this scenario sounds pretty similar to that described in frame#6 in http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php
brahma

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 22, 2006 12:12
Hello bro, a couple of weeks bak i read a book "The monk who sold his ferrari" By Robin s Sharma ,,,its worth reading,, i had heard abt time management progrmas,classes and work shop but after reading this book it has came to knw abt time mastry,,,its dfffntly a readble book
funkiejunkie

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 22, 2006 15:09
@ brahma - dude u liked da "The monk who sold his ferrari" jeezzzzzzzz man u certainly must real other authors den......... Robin messed up da book completely dude......... me personally could not go thru the forst 15 pages widout stopping..... well brahma lifes a teacher at the end always remember it..... but plzzz dont recomend dis book to neone plzzzzzzzzzz...... dis authors style of writing was too fake n i felt he wanted to ape the style of 'paulo cohelo' of da 'alchemist' fame.....
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Oct 23, 2006 22:39
@funkiejunkie

bro.. different people different tastes. But thats why we use this topic. To recommend and learn a lil more abt spirituality in its various forms.
But im sure u know that already

p.s to ALL

I met Leonard Cohen last week!!           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 00:44
Interesting....I come back to this thread after like ages and again I go back with so much new thing to learn

I have no idea about Shaman etc. so cant comment on this issue as of now but maybe later when I know about it.

PS: I finished "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" and its hell of a book. Little boring sometime but amazing lot of times. Now I am reading - "Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy", one of the funniest book I have read lately. Definitely, it does not deal with stuff that we are discussing here but highly recommended to people who wanna read something else just to give your brain a little "spiritual break"           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 24, 2006 01:08
@acidity

Totally agree with you on the 'spiritual break' path.
Have read the book already and its great. Same thing with the Harry Potter series.. find them such a a joy sometimes.

A coupla other books that i would recommend are by Wilbur Smith (River God, Warlock) in which its set in ancient Egypt. Fun readings.. Check out James Clavell's Shogun also.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
HiGheR^AcCeSs

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 11:49
ah a spiritual break, much needed i feel, especially for those who have gone real deep in their spiritual exploration. Only yesterday i was reading Osho's book 'intelligence' from 'insights for a new way of life' series and he was talking about something similar, about striking a balance between the spritual world and the objective every-day world. Here's a little something from it:

"Life belongs to the flexible, to one who can move from extroversion to introversion and from introversion to extroversion as easily as you move outside and inside your house."

"I want human beings to be bilingual. They should know science as much, as deeply, as they should know meditation. They should know mind as much as they should know meditation. They should know the language of the objective world - that is science - and they should know also the language of the subjective world - that is spirituality.

Only a person who is able to bridge the objective and the subjective, a person who is able to bridge the materialist and the spiritualist, can be a whole person.

I am not against intellect, I am not against intelligence; I am against intellectuality. Dont get identified with your mind. Always remain a watcher on the hills - a witness to the body, to the mind, a witness to the outer and to the inner, so that you can transcend both and you can know that you are neither - you are beyond both"

So yea, as acidity said, exploring the objective world wud definity give your brain a nice 'spiritual break' but to add to that, as Osho has said, its also the means to take your intelligence to a much higher plane.
           To FiNd YouRsELf YoU GoTTa LoSe YouRsELf FirSt!
Dr. Boombastic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 14:14
dude tried reading "the monk who sold his ferrari"... its more like an instruction manual.. like 15 steps to do it yourself enlightement.... and also ... the monk has aferrari in the first place... so theres not much more he could ask for...
boom.           all roads lead Om
almost_human KROX ( Phantasm Rec .)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 17:10
another way to trip           UVV Project / Mandala Project / Crystal noize Project / Cosmic Crew

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2007 17:39
So guys, we're back on track.

I'm pretty sure we have some new topics to throw around, but let me just start this with a question thats been on my mind for some time.

"How many of you have actually tried chakra meditation sincerely. And most importantly.. have any of you felt any difference?"

I recently felt this intense energy comin from my solar plexus chakra while lyin in bed and cleanin my chakras. The first coupla chakras (tailbone etc..) altho i tried hard didnt really budge.. but this one, Man o man.. it blew my mind.
Was it really just good meditation or my Kundalini rising?

..where's Gopendra.

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Feb 22, 2007 13:26
Aahh this feels good, posting on the indian section again .
Have been reading shantaram for sometime now and gone through the first 200 pages. A firang (heoine addict) runs away from where he's been exiled (australia) to come and hide in india (bombay). He lives in the slums as a doctor making his living though black marketting . Gregory roberts story is nothing short of inspiring and its a true account. And the wonderful part is its written by a non-indian whose understanding of the indian system of bribes / corruption/ the underbelly is so astute and to fit into the system as he has no other option due lack of finances he learns to speak in marathi / hindi . I've been wanting to finish it , its 800 pages. the more i read the more i want to keep reading ... compelling story telling.
          missing plug-in
phazed
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 22, 2007 16:04
Shantaram is definitely one of my all time favorites! Its one of those books which make you wanna get home asap and continue where u left off! I must've taken a month to finish it! Really really enjoyed this one.

Truly an inspiring story! I think anyone who hasnt visited India should read this book..to get an outtsider's perspective about life in india and bombay!

It was double special for me coz i grew up in bombay and could relate to sooo many of the characters and situations! MAde me wanna go back even more!

@exotic... have u reached the part about the 'standing babas'?!           -.-. .... --- --- ... . / .-.. --- ...- .
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Feb 22, 2007 17:37
yup ..very nice reading .. i believe theyr making a movie on him too . with johnny depp in the lead ..
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 22, 2007 21:34
have not read Shantaram.. which is very suprising, but i shall get my act together soon.

Anybody interested should also chek out Suketu Mehta - Maximum City.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Feb 23, 2007 07:12
Quote:

On 2007-02-22 16:04, phazed wrote:
Shantaram is definitely one of my all time favorites! Its one of those books which make you wanna get home asap and continue where u left off! I must've taken a month to finish it! Really really enjoyed this one.

Truly an inspiring story! I think anyone who hasnt visited India should read this book..to get an outtsider's perspective about life in india and bombay!

It was double special for me coz i grew up in bombay and could relate to sooo many of the characters and situations! MAde me wanna go back even more!

@exotic... have u reached the part about the 'standing babas'?!

Yes:) The standing babas !! And now i must quote directly from the book ,
" The standing babas were men who had taken a vow never to sit down , or lie down ever again , for the rest of their lives. They stood day and night, forever. they ate their meals standing up , and made their toilet standing up. They prayed and worked and sang standing up. They even slept while they were standing, suspended in harnesses that kept the weight of their bodies on their legs, but prevented them from falling when they were unconscious. "

And they were stoned immaculate all the time which then almost numbed the pain.

Are the standing babas still around in bombay .. i really would like to go stand with them for a day and boom some nice chillys with them           missing plug-in
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - !! ** Autobiography of a Yogi ** !!
← Prev Page
74 75 76 77 78 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance