Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A simple question to all the artists on this forum...
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A simple question to all the artists on this forum...

nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posts :  1177
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:09
5Meo-geo i am not Simon and I dont want to be Simon.. or any other band for that matter. I am me and I am very happy with my talent and my music.

Just some information as I see you do not know that much about our scene's history. How long have you been apart of this scene? A year or 2?

Before mp3 was a reality i was already very well-known as an artist and DJ and still am well-known to many people in this scene. The only difference is that I haven't released anything since 98 and that my new CD still haven't hit the shops yet.

Anyway I do not care if i am a "star". It's not what our scene is all about !! Fame has never been a part of this scene before bands like Infected and other bands got a young new following that think artists and dj's are gods!

But back to the topic that you so ellegant went away from... No matter what you say steling is still stealing and it has nothing to do with how much CD's a few bands sell.....!!!
nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posts :  1177
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:13
traveller you twist everything I say..... get of that finlandia vodka and use your brain mate....

What does me wanting to make my music have to do with people working???? Enlighten me please!!!

I do work very hard and have my own company. The issue is that artists do not deserve to have people stealing their music !!! End of story !!!
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posts :  3803
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:16
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 17:06, dj-panoramix wrote:
Hi traveller men !!
I don't know if i really understand what you say. You say that GMS has any talent,why they sold so many tracks.Do you know when they have begining to make music ?I think you was not born ?Are you making music ?
So do better or shut up !!!please
dj.panoramix




I don't think they have too much talent. And no I don't know when they started to make music. Well if they started before May 1983, then Yes, I guess I wasn't born. Am I making music? Nope, not at the moment, I'm putting all my spare time in studying. Why should I do better? I'm not "musician" (then again I don't think the gms crew are musicians either).. I just told my opinion and said that I guess many people find that "something" in their music cause they sell so much.. so please, learn better english and don't tell people to shut up if you don't even understand what they are talking about.. that's my 2 cents..
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
dj-panoramix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posts :  343
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:17
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 17:00, traveller wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 16:20, Elysium Project wrote:
Because it's not my thing... I only want to release music I like to make...Why should I sit down and make music that i think is bad?





do you think people like to work? most people probably hate their work.. it's just the reality..



I think that you don't found the good job !!           www.inpsyde-media.com
www.dj-panoramix.tk

dj.panoramix@inpsyde-media.com
dj-panoramix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posts :  343
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:41
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 17:16, traveller wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 17:06, dj-panoramix wrote:
Hi traveller men !!
I don't know if i really understand what you say. You say that GMS has any talent,why they sold so many tracks.Do you know when they have begining to make music ?I think you was not born ?Are you making music ?
So do better or shut up !!!please
dj.panoramix




I don't think they have too much talent. And no I don't know when they started to make music. Well if they started before May 1983, then Yes, I guess I wasn't born. Am I making music? Nope, not at the moment, I'm putting all my spare time in studying. Why should I do better? I'm not "musician" (then again I don't think the gms crew are musicians either).. I just told my opinion and said that I guess many people find that "something" in their music cause they sell so much.. so please, learn better english and don't tell people to shut up if you don't even understand what they are talking about.. that's my 2 cents..



I don't say GMS are good because they sold
many ,but if so many poeples buy their music and like what they are doing it's not for nothing.And i say do better or shut up because you know if you don't do music you can't say this poeple or that artists have no talent ,but you can say that YOU DON't LIKE what they do, it'better.After so many albums
it's not ever easy to have inspiration it's not like the first one !!           www.inpsyde-media.com
www.dj-panoramix.tk

dj.panoramix@inpsyde-media.com
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posts :  312
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:48
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 15:49, Elysium Project wrote:
Well respect is a wrong word.... If you sell 2 Cd's then 2 persons respect you and like your music. There's not diffence there.. It's about taste and drugs !!!

The reason why bands such as Infected and Simon have gained the sales they have is because this scene is made up by drugs...sadly though !!!

If I wanted to..and mark my word "IF" I could start a project and call it LSD and make some music that are fast with deep basses and fluffy hook lines and I will bet my old hat that I could sell just as well as Infected... It's not about quality..it's about appealing to the drugheads on the floor. But of course this is my own opinion !

A good example is when Jean Borelli and I released Sheyba - "Trance Africa Express" - the track with the elephants... We did the track as a joke to copy that times big name Transwave and the X-file (monkey mix) - no offense guys..just for fun . And what happened? Our track became the most played and sold track in 1997..... So you see it's nothing to do with quality...it's all to do with feeding cliché's to the masses

I am sure many people get angry when I critisise the big names but sorry in my opinion the make factory music and just copy eachother over and over again.

In my opinion the true talents are the ones that dare to break out and do something differnet..such as Simon...he is 1.000.000 times more creative and tallented that Infected, GMS, Alien Project and the rest of the "Big names".



This is getting out of hand...
First you put Infected Mushroom and Simon Posford in the same bag, then you say Simon is much more creative?
Have you ever thought, *MAYBE* there are some people with different taste? *MAYBE* there are some people who think Infected music is better than yours? Who DON'T like your music? Who prefer the so-called factory music? Yes, i take drugs, but i know a handfull of people who don't and love Infected Mushroom.
If you are so original, why don't you sell as much as GMS, Infected, Alien Project, Parasense, etc ("factory music")? Why? Because the masses don't like your music, they are stupid, only the "enlightened" like your music?
By your words it seems you are jealous... maybe not, but it seems so.

If you are so good, why don't you start the 'LSD' project and make the music you say will sell as much as Infected?
Now there's a good way to gain money.
Feed the 'stupid' masses with clichés.

What an arrogance...!


PS: btw, i really like Sheyba - Trance Africa Express. I guess i belong to the stupid masses.
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posts :  3803
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 17:50
So you say gms is good because so many people buy their music and like what they are doing. So what? Is the movie Titanic good cause so many people went to see it to the movies and bought the DVD and like it? I still say that they don't in my opinion have too much talent. Have you ever heard for example Simon Posford's music? It's so complex, so multilayered, so upliftin, so psychedelic, works so good on the dance floors & so on. Simon has released many albums, and still, every single track he releases, every single album comes out from him, is in my opinion innovative, good, close to perfection. So.. shut up.. I have the right to like/dislike any artist/group I want to.. and I tell the reasons why I do so..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posts :  1177
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 18:09
Chi read my posts again.... I do not know how many times I have to repeat myself... I am NOT into this music to make money but I do think I and all other artists deserve that people pay for our music !!!

As for Infected and Simon...I guess you missed my point......yes I do think Simon is way more talented and creative than most other bands.... But my point was that most people get into Simon's or Infected's music because it refer to drugs.... that of course have nothing to do with that it's good music or not......but it sure is a cliché in this scene that bands that are most popular overuse topics like drugs !!! Think about it for a while. Why do you think people think these bands are so cool? becuase of the msuic or because they praise drugs?

And I never said that my music is better than Infected or Simon's.....as you said yourself it's a matter of taste... I did say it was my own opinion !!!!

So stop twisting what i write and read it more carefully....

I am sorry if you think i am arrogant or jealous...well that's your problem not mine...If you can take a discussion without getting all personal then you maybe should not reply to what i write...
5Meo-Geo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posts :  515
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 18:38
elysium i'm in this since the days of scream tracker on 286
if u take music as u'r hobby u not supose to be hurt by "illegal" copying of u'r music
and if u make it as profession then do it as profession,make sound-tracks and other works for money,make projects with more comertial sounds
i have nothing agains u or any other comertial artist,good track is good track nomather who wrote it
its just hurt me to watch on artists that money take sucha big difference to them           Jesus didnt dance,but his beat goes on
http://www.myspace.com/5me0ge0
PSYCHEDELIC-ZION
nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posts :  1177
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 18:51
whatever you say 5Meo_Geo then you can not justify that stealing is ok..not matter if you make music as a hobby or not!!!! And if you maybe stopped up and thought for a minute you would see that many of us have been forced to do something else because people dont buy our music anymore !!! Yes I could do soundtracks but hey how many get offered to do that? And yes i could do house but it's not my thing!! The fact remain that this scene has changed from being a scene where there was room for all people, the artists and room for diversity to a scene where a few bands rule (thanks to the organisers that refuse to book anything else than the 10-20 most popular full on or progressive bands) and the rest of us that do not fit that category are fucked !!! So tell me how we that make less fast music will ever get a chance? And on top of this we also have to accept that people steal our music? I dont think so!! Dont take me wrong .. I am not poor and I do very well... I am more speaking in terms of a lot of actually poor artists out there that never get a break because they are not well-known!!!!! Shouldn't we support them by buying their music??
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posts :  2565
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 19:05
Mmmmh I think One should never make generalities...

Everything is a question of conciousness...

I can easily understand downloaders... but of course I blame those who ONLY download.... I guess I would have difficulties to sleep being a person like that..

Same same about the Sound-Quality !!
4 exemple there are some people who exact the best durum wheat semolina Pastas and others are satisfied with the cheapest ones !!

So musicians should pay their attention and love to the Records-buyers, like a famous cooker would do for his guests ! (lol)

About the business... Just look at Moby... He's got something like 10 or more different project, on different stages of the Music Industry Ladder...

I don't especially like or dislike him.... just think he made an interesting choice

Thanx 4 reading me
Peace !           .
.
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Leuname
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posts :  366
Posted : Feb 11, 2003 21:27
This is getting interesting.

Hey Panoramix another ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that you dont have nothing illegal too good boy good boy.

hey Artists try to put more responsability on the labels.
Like Elysium said its the labels who put the tracks out then they appear on the net so the labels need to have more carefull with the material.

One last thing if i can get an unreleased track on the net why should i dont donwload it why????
Because of respect????
If i can get a track that i really like i will download that track, it was not me that put that track on the net so iam free and i dont commit any crime only if i make propaganda because if is a crime and i deserve to be in jail i tink many but many ppl in the world should be in jail too even presidents probably have a single little program on their comp. that is a COPY.

To finnish i dont proud to have those tracks or movies or games (illegal ones, not original) but iam free to do what i want from my life and like i said i dont make propagandas that stuff its for me to have in my home to wake up in the morning and play (music or game). Then i have my work too offcourse lol my life is not computer and computer.

PS: Stop attacking TRAVELLER, this history of mp3 piracy is a long history i tink should start on the artists and labels and one more time read a post by MR.HANKY (PSYSEX) and look to his opinion.

Cya
dj-panoramix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posts :  343
Posted : Feb 13, 2003 16:33
Quote:

On 2003-02-05 01:57, Wolf wrote:
the download and not pay option


are you an artists ?
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  278
Posts :  5470
Posted : Feb 13, 2003 16:51
I agree with Leuname in some points.
Everything below is IMO:
Use programs like Soulseek or Kazaa is not a crime. You can download them, install them and use them. It´s not a crime.
Download unreleased tracks is no problem (since you can´t buy them anyway), specially if you buy the CD when it is released, if you like the songs.
I think a real crime would be download the tracks, burn a CD and sell it.
Respect the artists means support them, buying what you like.


          .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
.
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
dj-panoramix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posts :  343
Posted : Feb 13, 2003 16:57
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 17:50, traveller wrote:
So you say gms is good because so many people buy their music and like what they are doing. So what? Is the movie Titanic good cause so many people went to see it to the movies and bought the DVD and like it? I still say that they don't in my opinion have too much talent. Have you ever heard for example Simon Posford's music? It's so complex, so multilayered, so upliftin, so psychedelic, works so good on the dance floors & so on. Simon has released many albums, and still, every single track he releases, every single album comes out from him, is in my opinion innovative, good, close to perfection. So.. shut up.. I have the right to like/dislike any artist/group I want to.. and I tell the reasons why I do so..



You don't understand what i say or what ?
I know i don't use the best english,but i think what i say is easy to understand !!
You can have your opinion about all the artists,you can say this one i like it or this one i don't like it ,but say about any artists
that he don't have any talent,i think you don't respect him.
If i like or not it's the same , i respct him for his work.
Yes of course i like the work of simon,but it's the same as gms i don't like all the tracks he do.dj.panoramix

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A simple question to all the artists on this forum...
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2020 IsraTrance