Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)

Shaboim

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 14:38
Hi
Would like to hear what GMS and Raja say to the following things, which are really disappointing to hear about them, and to hear if others experienced same things...

They played at a party in switzerland.
GMS, Chicago, 1200Mics and Zorba in one night...

The FACT:
The liveacts wasn't live a bit, just as most "star" liveacts but even worse was the 1200mics...
They had instuments there and tried to make the impression of real liveplay, not just a laptop where everybody can see it's just a laptop.. 1200mics really intended to make the impression of live, but wasn't.
The microphones over the drums were about 1m above them, no others.. feedback... uhuuu NO FEEDBACK... Just impossible to microphone drums like this...

It was a live show.. just as backstreetboys... no note played live just jumping around.. even seemed to laugh at the crowed who mostly thought that there are musicans working..
The longer they played the more they exagerated their show.

A BIG LIVE LIE

The Rumours: (I know it's not a rumour, but it has to be declared as such)
And beside that burds whispered that these guys esspecially raja were very rude, and unfriendly to everybody, comsumed breakfast for around 800USD!! in the hotel. treated the organisaters like servants, shifted flights, changed opinions within minutes... behaved as if they were the rolling stones, which are known as snobs...

The livething, everybody there could see it was a lie.
The Star-behaviour thing comes from birds who where very close to the organisation.
Maybe all wrong. believe what you want

Where are we? on MTV.. is raja the new mariah carey...? GMS the new snobs?

Would like this guys some explanations..
nois

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 15:10
hmmm...

i think we could expect that to happen sometime with gms, but raja? strange...

gms's music in my (and not only mine) opinion is getting worse and worse, after they've recorded tracks like '1.3 crumbs' or 'do androids dream of electric sheep' the quality of their work started to fall... as my friend said "they're remixing everything now! they're ready even to remix their own mothers!"

so: i feel pity for the people who bought the tickets, and - now you know what you should(or should not) buy...

and gms... riktam and bansi, if anyone of you is reading this: remember your track called 'jaws'... just remember it.

cheers

n
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 15:16
long gone are the days of arabian nights on mescaline...
Rik
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 15:59
be carefull with mentioning such large amounts of money if you aren't sure of it, be honoust, instead of mentioning amounts that appeal to everybody's imagination...

i'm sure some of the claims you put in your post are true, but the way you present it here it's covered with an extra thick sause of misery and detest.

www.psytracks.com :: Brand new website for sharing your psytracks with the world. Get a free 250Mb Artist profile, Blog and events calender!
www.psygarden.be :: Upload your psychedelic art and partypictures to our gallery!
Sickman aka Virion

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 16:05
I think some part of scene is like a cancer... make shitty music, organizing big commercial parites. Make a big cash like organizers of Mayday! Some people quit scene because new trance music is not innovative... i quit too...           Be carefull my waves are dangerous...
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 16:25
ummm..

dissing gms is out of fashion..

c'mon.. the guys make the dance floors shake.. that's what they are after, no? they are doing their thing and people like it, what's so wrong about that?

umm..

i wish all that behaving thingy is just some rumour some jealous guy started.. if not.. well.. i still don't give a flying you know what..

and..

i heard this guy called simon posford got 8000 pounds from one night show at this groovy city in scandinavia..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Shaboim

Posted : Sep 9, 2003 17:20
Nect.
There were no other mics, and you heard drums and other instruments when there didn't move hands, and vice versa... it was just clear that it is not live.

Rumours of jellous people? Believe what ever you want to believe...
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 17:26
keep in mind that neither riktam, banzi or raja ram are members of this forum... your comments might be true, or at least hold some truth, yet without a counter argument at least from Spun rec. (who are members here) you words may have the false image of sounding like facts. let's not start another fight here on the forum... it's hardly what this place is for.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
pr0fane

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 17:31
Sad to hear you had a bad experience.

Well, there's all kinds of rumours about GMS. One being their shitty attitude, and I've heard quite a few stories about 'em not showing up at parties they where booked for in ages, because something more interesting came up.

But on the other hand a friend of mine sat in the plane with them on the way to a festival (can't remember which one), and he said they where some awesome down to earth guys.

I guess there's elements of truth in all the stories I've been told, but I also think most of them are overexaggerated.

I think the organisers should send GMS/Raja a sober mail, telling them they where disappointed with their attitude and performance. It's fine to get a discussion about it here, but since neither the GMS guys and Raja Ram aren't members on the board, you'll miss both sides of the story, and it'll easy become a thread with nothing but flaming and pointing fingers at them.

Concerning the live-performance: It's pretty common with not-so-live live performances. Sounds like they gave you quite a show though, and that's more than a lot of other artists do.          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Shaboim

Posted : Sep 9, 2003 17:39
Hi
Edited, the post, the livething is just a fact, the rest is can only be declared as rumour, even though I know its not..

Where should in know that they are not in this forum...
So, ok delet it..
subconsciousmind
SCM

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 17:51
I've been there as well
I can not say it was live! Not at all..
The Fact that I didn't like was that they made an effort to make it LOOK live.. which other artists DON't, they have their laptop, everybody can see that it's just a laptop, it's not that much trying to cheat the crowd...

Would be interesting to have a post from the guys from scarabäus (org) here...

Most of my music for you to download at:
http://www.subconsciousmind.ch
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 18:22
Shpongle = beautiful original music

GMS = lot of cheesy crap

Why does Raja Ram go there? (1200 Mics)           Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
subconsciousmind
SCM

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 18:27
Quote:

On 2003-09-09 18:22, Goblim wrote:
Shpongle = beautiful original music

GMS = lot of cheesy crap

Why does Raja Ram go there? (1200 Mics)

Maybe he has become crap... ;-)           Most of my music for you to download at:
http://www.subconsciousmind.ch
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 18:50
Well i have heard these words about 1200 Micrograms 'live perfomance' from many parts of the world,even here in Greece they played at a festival recently and some friends of mine were laughing by seeing them jumping around and pretending doing a live act.
Many people of the scene do that so i cant accuse them actually.

800 dollars in breakfast????
Wow i thought i was the only one able to do that on the planet.

Traveller about Simon Posford 8000 english pounds is a price around his usual tariff for playing in any event around the world and not only Scandinavia,the price i got for trying to book him in one of my events was something like 9000 english pounds and that included Hallucinogen Live Perfomance,Tristan Dj Set and Simon H. Dj Set.
I think that you cant actually book Simon just alone but you have to do something like a Twisted Records label event,well the money is A LOT for our scene and its virtually impossible to do a party with such a price on the line up and do any profit or even cover your expenses at all.Simon is a great musician and worths every penny BUT we are not into the MTV Scene           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance