Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)

Dale

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 14, 2003 15:13
These guys did not turn up for a gig in Melbourne and left good friends of mine in serious debt. They then had the gall to offer them a track they made in return(estimate value $500 compared to $30,000 debt). I don't give a shit what music they make or if its live or how successful they are, that's just not on. I have heard many similar stories, at least one other I trust to be true.
This is not a rumour, it's fact.
This is not tall poppy syndrome, these guys are just arrogant assholes. Feel free to contact me if you have any problems with these comments or questions.

The truth is not destructive, it's a way of preventing further destruction.

http://www.festivalisland.com
http://www.oztrance.com
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Sep 14, 2003 19:13
they did the same in helsinki.. a simple fact.. they forgot to travell here..

but i honestly doubt they did it just to be assholes.. more reasonable reason is a simple fact they the guys just can't handle their drugs any longer.. i'm sure years & years of drugs makes bad for your memory..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 02:43
hmmmm...this experiance with GMS/RAJA is very surprising to me as we in SF (THUMP) had the same experiances as Third Eye Records-
Quote:
they hung out , smoked , played video games and blasted the SPUN gig

(seriously with as much as these guys smoke I would be scared to know that they weren't mellow) This maybe could have to do something with GMS not showing, but I doubt it....(usually) if an artist doesn't show up it could have to do with visa problems or lack of responsiblity on the promotors fault (as it seems like they should make sure there live acts are on the plane at the right time and have all this stuff straightned out to begin with)!

I haven't had much of an experiance with Raja, but know that when Simon was out here he did the same thing as he did for Third Eye and took a bunch of us out to breakfast (and Seth from Spun was still here and took us out for Sushi one night). Don't think the rolling stones would do that now would they? Definately didn't get the rawkstar vibe from either one...
My thoughts- When it comes down to it....both of these acts together started alot of what we know and love now...if not still creating, but also shaping from the beginning. I am sure with as scattered lives they live that traveling almost every week can put you a bit out of touch with reality. Maybe instead of a rant next time you could try and post a solution to the so-called-problem. As we want to help and love all these guys right? let's keep each other in check ...maybe next time send Spun and email telling them about your "displeasures" and kindly remind them how they get paid!
Peace....*christine*

BTW when GMS played live they had the biggest mixer I have ever seen and Riktam was at it the whole time twiddling with the effects....while Bansi went at it on the keyboards the entire time....for hours too! It was off the hook!
Dale

Posted : Sep 15, 2003 07:43
Quote:

Maybe instead of a rant next time you could try and post a solution to the so-called-problem. As we want to help and love all these guys right?

GMS - no, don't want to help them, and I certainly have no love for them.
The solution is letting people know so they don't fall into the same trap and get ripped off too. This was done on every forum(around 1 year ago?) If you have a better solution I would be glad to hear it.
Thats all from me on this topic, they are not worth the time.
*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 08:57
Dales
Quote:
- The solution is letting people know so they don't fall into the same trap and get ripped off too.

Well dale....sorry your missing out!
From reading these emails it seems like everyone has had a different experience....so instead of badmouthing people publically... Let people make up their minds themselves, ya know! Who are you to make final judgements on people. Every circumstance for why people can't show up for gigs is also different (just happened here last night with Parasense couldn't get visa's in time....) and with logic bomb in August.....ya know what though? Those are all tickets that have been paid for so they are still coming back at one point as the tickets are still valid. Why didn't any of these other promoter's do that.....? I know that things come up that are usually out of the artist control.....give these guys a break- btw i am not a super fan of gms....but i do respect what they started....
*christine*
Dale

Posted : Sep 15, 2003 11:30
I am not missing anything. I have very precise knowledge of what happened, you can even read it for yourself at
http://www.oztrance.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25
The post below is from the organiser in that thread, and below that is Riktam and Bansi's reply to 'concerned oztrancers';

Just to set the record straight..

I am the promoter who had GMS booked for 2 gigs in Australia in November 99.

Yes we did receive 2 tracks, but it took over 1 year to get them, with one of the tracks being subsequently released about 3 months after we received it on a French 12".

We are aware of at least ? other gigs they have missed apart from our own here in Australia.

The reason they missed our gig, was because they were both in Meixico the week before hand and they had missed their own flights from Mexico to Spain. When I called to their house in Spain and they were not back from Mexico I called to our contact in Germany who made the initial introduction (a reputable label/distributor who represents several artists including GMS). 3 hours later I get a call from Riktams mum saying the boys are in Mexico and they really want come to Australia but they need to pay some money to get on the plane.

Not wanting anything to go wrong, we speak to them in Mexico and send USD 500 so they can catch their OWN flight back to Spain and get on OUR plane to Australia to do the gigs here. Airtickets from Spain were a combination of Thai Airlines/ Qantas with the most direct route possible. After changing the tickets at least 3 times that week we were hopeful they would get on the plane. Instead it was Friday night about 3:00 am, the morning of the gig when the airline confirmed they were not on the flight. No phonecall, no message, no apology, no nothing.

We reorganised to get them here the following weekend just for Sydney, as Sydney organisers had already paid money upfront for their tickets, with Sydney promoters now speaking directly with GMS both having mututal friends and GMS promising to come. Guess what happened..

We had been in direct contact with them for over 5 months and
had what we believed to be a written agreement.!

For us this storey is over and we have now moved on, although I am still recovering financially I have never ever written anything about this incident anywhere ever before and I just wanted to set the record straight especially for the smaller, newer promoters who cannot afford to loose money by the Main Act failing to get on the plane. This is by no means the norm.

You judge for yourselves if 1 track is worth all this headache.!

By no means do we want this to negatively reflect on Exodus who are an excellent reputable promoter and hold a fantastic festival each year. We hope GMS do turn up and can stand behind their word. We all know a festival is much more about the people then just 1 Live Act. So whether they come or not, still get on down and support Exodus.

Sorry, I just needed to state the truth.

Boom..

Riktam and Bansi's reply to all the concerned Oz Trance readers

Date: Mon Sep 02, 2002 09:16:29 PM Australia/Sydney
To: happy@mullum.com.au
Subject: Re: GMS confirmed for EXODUS 2003

It goes to show how much people know, we were both just at Samothraki. They even made a dvd of the live show so i have proof.... hahaha..... what idiots to say things that are not true.
Last time we missed the gig in oz we gave the promoter two exclusive tracks so we didnt rip anybody off.
Many times we have so many bookings and people book shit tickets, as the promoters always try to book the cheapest tickets, so connections are shit but now we have someone doing the bookings for us, so she arranges flight details and makes sure there is no double bookings so we are much more organized now so dont worry i will send you a contract , so you can all relax.

GMS live

Dale

Posted : Sep 15, 2003 11:34
My apologies to everyone who has already heard enough on this topic.
Shaboim

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 13:46
Quote:

On 2003-09-15 02:43, goachick wrote:
I haven't had much of an experiance with Raja, but know that when Simon was out here he did the same thing as he did for Third Eye and took a bunch of us out to breakfast

Now we know how Raja could eat breakfast in switzerland for 1200Euro on the organizers cost!!
Nice to make friends on someone elses expense. BTW the organisation has lost a lot of money.

Quote:

BTW when GMS played live they had the biggest mixer I have ever seen and Riktam was at it the whole time twiddling with the effects....while Bansi went at it on the keyboards the entire time....for hours too! It was off the hook!

Man didn't you see thats all part of the show!
It's all just fake!! It's all pretended.
In switzerland they did the same thing, a huge mixer, one! synth.
The laptop and the synth was from the former liveact, they just left it to make it look better..
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 16:59
human beings are very difficult to understand...
gms on boom festival last year:uuuuaaaauuuu, one of the best things i have ever seen!!!!!
gms on zambujeira thix year:don´t know?only one of them played...the other went to india(that´s what i heard)to very important business...
one of the things u learn after years of dealing with drug people, is that u can turn your back on a person but never on a drug...know what i mean
plur           ...
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 17:02
LOL to a3k           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 19:05
Quote:

On 2003-09-15 13:46, Shaboim wrote:

Now we know how Raja could eat breakfast in switzerland for 1200Euro on the organizers cost!!

So the cost of this extravagant breakfast has gone up from 800 USD (in the original post) to 1200 Euros? Raja must really be doing some sort of black magic if he can make a breakfast cost 400 Euros extra several weeks after it has already been eaten.

I think goachick was saying that Simon payed for breakfast in SF on his own expense. Third Eye stated it explicitly about GMS in NYC..."Bansi bought everyone breakfast!!!!" Read it again *carefully* and go on insinuinating whatever else is convenient.

90% of "live" acts in the psy scene are little more than pressing play on a DAT/laptop and twiddling knobs over the top. Did people really expect the GMS posse to be any different?

I don't care if it is about GMS, Hallucinogen, "Joe-Bob's Honkey-tonk barn-trance extravaganza" or whoever....unsubstantiated rumors about artists are incredibly petty and fV#king stupid. This crap serves no purpose. If you got the hotel bill or some sort of proof about this BS and want to post it, that is a different story - then it is just petty and highly unprofessional.

Until then, let the party organizer and Raja/GMS fight it out on their own.

Hopefully Raja won't pull out any of his black magic on the guy and turn him into a 1200EUR doughnut.........

Mmmmm.....doughnuts.......
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
Shaboim

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 19:39
1200Euro..
sorry was a mistake because:
1200Swiss francs = 800USD = 800Euro (more or less)

And about the technical thing with the soundcard...

About this, there is no discussion. There are a lot of people who understand a lot of this things who WERE there and say that it was fake.
Drope

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 21:36
I´m so disapointed with this thread...

I liked a lot Christine´s attitude, nice going babe...

I see too many judgemental pp, I see too many envious pp... GMS? Nothing to say about them...

And don´t come with that "everybody do fake live acts so we can not complain"

I´m pretty pissed with that story... and do not want to post on this thread anymore...

goachick, don´t u hate pp that complain about others behavior and do not behave them selves?

PLURall
Jsainsbury

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 22:39
Quote:

And about the technical thing with the soundcard...

About this, there is no discussion. There are a lot of people who understand a lot of this things who WERE there and say that it was fake.

its like this:

GMS take their tracks. they split each componant into a seperate track on the computer. synths samples drums etc etc. then they send that out of the soundcard into the mixer where they 'mix' it live while adding effects and tweaks

no it is not 100% live but they have the ability to respond to the crows and creativly remix the tracks.

its not 'fake' its just a comprimise they have to make without taking a mass of kit to which ever country they play in every week
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance