Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Trance - A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 19:01
ummm..

well actually i read it on newspaper when the guy who owns (or the other of them) thirteen productions was telling how the ticket price just has to be pretty high..

"what can you do if you book an artist from england and his fee is 8000 pounds"

..something like that he said.. so i assumed he was talking about the twisted label party in town..

which was

hallucinogen live
younger brother live
ott live
prometheus live

&

dj ed set

i'm not sure though if the 8000 pounds ment just simon's fee or all of them together.. dunno why i'm even typing this cause as long as the parties happen i'm on fucking fire =)           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Drope

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 19:27
The thing is: no body can tell how much an artist work is worth. If Simon is chargin that and geting gigs, he must be worth it.

Point 2: In no way itīs an excuse for a fake live the fact that other pp do it also. no way.

no way.

no way.

no way.

Unless uīr ready to use a sucker writen hat or t-shirt this is time for serious complaining, THIS CAN NOT BE DONE. Pp should start asking for their money back or something. LOT OF ARTISTS DO THAT AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT MUSIC SHARING AND HOW IT KILLS THE MUSIC...

Who makes the scene is the audience, donīt matter what pp tell u, specially scene pp, without u, who doesnīt make music, or if does, donīt get any booking, but go to parties, pay ur entrance, consume stuff inside... THERE IS NO SCENE. The public is the most important thing... It only sickens me this fckin star sistem that make djs sooooo important...

And we keep on hearing about mp3 mafia... itīs a mafia allright FAKE LIVES MAFIA...

my 2 cents..
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 20:21
Quote:

On 2003-09-09 18:22, Goblim wrote:
Shpongle = beautiful original music

GMS = lot of cheesy crap

Why does Raja Ram go there? (1200 Mics)

that's just your opinion about GMS... even though I don't really like their music, there are LOTS of people who do and they sure are pretty famous and make some good dancefloor tracks...

and yes, i think charging so much for a live act it's ridiculous... it's like football players, they get a ridiculously big amount of money just to kick a ball... while some live acts get it for being 1 hour playing a cd... next month we'll have a party with hallucinogen here, and raja ram is gonna play too, but they're not gonna play as shpongle - i can't even imagine how much that would cost!           When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
THIRD EYE RECORDS
Third Eye Records

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 20:30
Namaste guys,

I know everyone likes to bash GMS (for whatever reason)

so this might seem weird to you guys. but here are some nicer things about them.

I helped organise the SPUN party here in bombay at the start of this year. And had all the boys down in bombay. There was no supersnob acting on their part. In fact there were no demands at all.. they were super chilled... hung out , smoked , played video games and blasted the SPUN gig.

Couple months ago i was at a Bansi party in NY . After the gig a bunch of people went out for breakfast to a diner.. and Bansi bought everyone breakfast!!!!

We have been settin up a new record label from india.. and the label is virtually unknown internationaly.. and yet i got intouch with the GMS boys for a track.. and i got it as promised with no complication.

So as far as i am concerned, they are great guys... people are always jelous of other people doing better for themselves. BUt at the end of the day people still go out and buy their cds and dance to their music. .... so it looks like till that changes.... they will have the last laugh.

bom bom
Karan
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 20:54
Salvia you dont even want to know how much a Shpongle live perfomance costs LOL

Third Eye nice to hear your opinions about the GMS crew since you actually had the chance to work with them,it seems that GMS are ordinary people like we all are and have their ups and downs like we all do,sometimes we are nice and sometimes not so nice

P.S What is this thing with breakfast?I am feeling hungry already LOL           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Drope

Posted : Sep 9, 2003 21:05
actually I know they played for free in a party after Trancendence, but it was someones birhtday... as did Parasense and Spacecat... but this doesnīt count I guess hehehe

it goes by each ones consciense... who was there knows it...
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 21:51
Quote:

On 2003-09-09 20:30, THIRD EYE RECORDS wrote:
Couple months ago i was at a Bansi party in NY . After the gig a bunch of people went out for breakfast to a diner.. and Bansi bought everyone breakfast!!!!

i remember you talking about this... i was going to bring it up, he was very nice as well when i met you both.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Shaboim

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 9, 2003 22:47
nice to hear some good things about GMS whichs (older) music I actually like...
Presumed that those things happened within the last half year this changes my opinion a bit...

But Some good things about raja too? Most of what I posted first was about him.. "especially raja" ...
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Sep 10, 2003 00:04
ummm..

shpongle live must be extremly expensive since it's like 7 men band or something..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
DJ Nuclear

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 10, 2003 01:18
synthetic sadhus had the same complaint about alien project (back when they existed...)

they seemed especially pissed off because AP made them pay for the rental of the instruments

I don't know exactly how credible this is, but I did really enjoy their earthdance party...
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 10, 2003 02:39
Well i heard both Alien Project and Orion story about that party with Synthetic Sadhus and their stories are quite different from what the organisers claim.

And trust me Jean Borelli is a very serious and respected person.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Sep 10, 2003 03:40
Well, another "let's talk bullshit and supose lots of things we'll never know for sure about GMS"...

IMO: they are sometimes boring, but also know how to set the dancefloor on fire, and they know how to remix already good tracks
Nice to know the facts THIRD EYE written.

And what is a live act anyway? Live act is whatever the artist says is HIS Live Act. Depending on your opinion, it will be good or bad... As long as the music sounds good, I don't care if they are jumping or sitted down or behaving like superstars... As long as they don't bring bad vibes to the place...
Respect!

...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
alx

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 10, 2003 03:49
as i heard Raja Ram did the same thing in greece,in halkidiki where he played.and unfortunately,our music has a few real musicians that are able to play 'live',and many computer junkies that prefer to leave the laptop do the job,fast and easy...
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Sep 10, 2003 12:00
I won't talk about what is beside the "party" ... not my problem..

but performing fake live acts is just a pity..

a pity for the Crowd who is jerked by the musicians..

a pity for the Organisators who are stolen by the musicians..

a pity for the Scene as it brings discuss like this, and make lots of people unhappy..

a pity for the Music as it is used on money purpose..

a pity for the Musicians as they will earlier of later be punished by NataraJa !

seriously, a pity for them as one always pay earlier or later for a Lie, always !!

a pity for the Psychedelic Trance as it goes always more far away from its roOts... Remember the firsts Psy parties where there were NO line-ups, unknown deejays with no particular technique, but just willing to make people dance... Nobody knew their names, and just felt their VibratiOns..

I am optimistic I feel that one day it will go too far, u know, in disrespect... and people will be seriously fed up with that, and will feel like rediscovering the origins...

History is cyclic..
Cheers
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Jsainsbury

Posted : Sep 11, 2003 00:31
find a live psytrance act like gms that sues only live drumming and i will be impressed, yeah they probably sued the drum kit for added ambience as playing kicks and hi hats at 16th of a beat repeativlay and tight for and hour takes some serious training

psytrance is not ever going to be 100% live. fake live is shit but as you said, some people just mix of cds for a live..........?
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Trance - A birds whisper: GMS+1200mics livelie and snobstarbehaviour.. (edited)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance