50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:35
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 13:21, Kemic-al wrote:

Yes that was GOOD back then ....

But then more people came a long and brought along with them their Ego Trips, selfishness and greed ......

oh, so now the ´old´ people had no ego or selfishness heh? yeah right

Is it too hard to realize that its NOT about age, about country, about music you listen, about your buying or downloading habbits....

Ego and selfish people are in every group..

I think people see too much in black and white.. ´Downloading is baaaad´ and ´donwloading is goooood´

Is it still not clear enough that there are advantages and disadvantages, that there are no good studies about the effects of downloading on artist´s income or of impact on the scene, that there are many exceptions to this ´rich kid downloading 1000000 of tracks and never supporting the scene´ stereotype, and that downloading will NEVER stop?

I thought anybody in this world with an IQ over 50 could realize that..

Yes yes, downloading is not all good and there are fucked up selfish ego downloaders, but THE SAME WITH ARTISTS, PARTY ORGANIZERS AND LABEL OWNERS... once again, ITS NOT ABOUT THE GROUP, but its rather a very personal thing, which may also change from one day to the next, so who are you to judge?!

I see too much complaining, monologues, speech-giving and parrot-like repeating , and too little listening and real thinking
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:37
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 14:38, HandA wrote:
I've had quite a few of them writing to me in private.. The reason why they dont speak out is because they dont like to be attacked and being called idiots, greedy ect ect.

Hmm, i think you maybe need to read thru this thread again.
No-one have been called "idiot" or "greedy" because they have said that they think downloading is bad.
People who think that the labels have a responsibility to adapt and try to see the positive sides of the changes in technology is the one's that had to endure personal attacks.

The personal attacks I do find in this thread:

HandA:"Your reasonings are so boring, egoistic and old Spindrift.. I suggest you keep doing what you do (whatever that is?)"

HandA:"EYB you seem more and more deluted. Enjouy your massive mp3 collection dude."

HandA:"Please cut down on all those "love" drugs mate."

HandA:"Ok smoke another bong and do your Yoga dude Let's all share the eternal love LMAO"

HandA:"In my opinion his an "artist" very bitter at the labels for not releasing his music"

HandA:"I lost all my respect for you.. Your the most judgemental and brainwashed of all in this debate!"

HandA:"Please enlighten me with an intelligent answer please... If you got one"

OTT:"Its "bling" you fool... "

OTT:"weird angry German teenagers... "

OTT:"Spindrift is a traditional Capitalist"

OTT:"Still, its always gratifying to see somebody run out of argument and resort to the tactics of a five year-old."

OTT:" I'd suggest you stop masturbating for ten minutes and consider finding yourself a new hobby."

Yuli:"EYB it is not about bling bling at all, when will u understand this? That i why u might be a fool."

Acidhive:"And when people talk stupid like you just did EYB, you know what? They really need a reason to call you fool, and you are so dumb as to give it to them as well"

Feel free to quote any personal attacks you feel that have been handed out to the people who is "complaining about downloading".

And most of all please try to explaing to me what you think I need to "open up my eyes" about.
Becuse I still haven't seen anyone trying to sum up the post OTT made to something that resembels any kind of relevant point.
For me it just came across as the regular complaing that I have seen page after page with already.
I don't like to adopt the negative attitude that is so spread out in this scene, and the only contents I could find in what he wrote was just about reinforcing that.
Sorry if I got it wrong, but the poeple who have tried to explaing it only seemed to agree that it made them feel "sad" so the message was not a very positive one from what I can gather.

But it seems like a few people have at least started to speak their minds and there is obviously people with positive and constuctive ideas.
Unfortunally there is a few who rather stick to winching and resorting to personal attacks.
          (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:46
@ Spindrift

Mate, it sounds your are a real artist when it comes down of taking things out of their context, and making other ppl look bad.

Quote:
We are downloading 50 to 100 tracks a week every evening of our life is spent listening to junk shit which is called trance today! Nothing is new it's all fuckin the same! Maybe sometimes we come across something good but still no fresh sounds were are the new artists?????? Were is the music'????

And on the other hand i congatulate the ambient side! WOWOWOWOWOW really good work there it's heaven!

I do not want to make a thread of this because it's all for nothing it's not cool to be trance anymore because it's a trend now!

bom Ganja

Here is one for u. If this is not a showcase a rudeness and assault, and personal attack on artists that work on the music, then what is it?

Yeah it is also a shameless bragging.
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:53
Here is another GEM from EYB, please check out the last line of this mindblowing answer btw

Quote:

Haha i agree with Pointy 100%.

Ott complaining about people who download his music but for him it is ok to download music from other persons. If someone is disrespectful then he.
Ott and also Kemical describe themself as the good ones in the scene and the 'crowd', the people who are not artists or 'real' artists and not are people working for labels are the bad people who just are in the scene to take. Take what they can get and of course drugs all the day. They all buy drugs for hundrets of euros but never pay a bug for parties. Strange view!

You are complaining about disrespectfulness if someone has another opinion and answer with real disrespctfull and dumb replies like ott and yuli do.

And what is this?           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:53
Well, yuli, you can analyse what he said in different ways.. First of all, he was honest, unlike many people around which download and dont say.. that´s one point.. also, if you read his later post, gangagil said he buys his favourite cds..

So your quote seemed also taking out of context
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:54
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 02:09, Pointy wrote:
Here it shows again, how different people are.
Where some are praising Ott's post, it almost makes me puke.

I read it three times now and what he is saying is basically:
-That most people in the trance scene have no conscience and want everything for free.
-That the artists are the lucky ones, because they are doing what they like and that they are usually "misfits" that couldn't do any other job.
-That the label people are idealists with pure spirit and that without them there would be no scene.

Put on some sentimental dressing and you get girls that get tears in their eyes.

Sorry, I gotta go to the toilet now.......

That is the last one but there are more yeah           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Spindrift
Spindrift

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:56
@Yuli
Well, it sure is not something that would make people afraid to join the choir of complaints about downloading as we clearly noticed.
It sure was not a personal "assault" on anyone.

Really, I don't care if he's downloading 100 tracks/week.
He obviously have problem finding music that he likes, so I can at least understand why he would not be buying 10 CD's a week.
But for me the point with the post was about as clever as the posts compliaing about downloading.
Complaining will not take us anywhere I think.

Ganjagill should chill with the downloading and work on making good music himself instead.

And OTT and HandA should maybe take travellers advice and keep doing what they are good at and stay away from trying to make people understand how unfair the feel they are treated and destroy discussions about how there maybe could be ways to improve the financial rewards they are longing for.
          (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)

Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:59
@ Sherlockalien:

Dude, as I said few times in the thread -

with capital letters:

I DONT CARE ABOUT MP3 DOWNLOADING, I DONT LIKE IT YEAH I ADMIT BUT I AM AWARE THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT. I MAKE MUSIC BECAUSE IT IS A NEED, I LIKE DOING THAT, IT MAKES MY DAY WHEN A TRACK COMES OUT AND I LIKE WHAT I DID.

I DO CARE THO, WHEN PPL HAVE THE GUTZ NOT ONLY DOWNLOAD HEEPS OF MUSIC, THAT DEFINITELY THEY HAVE NO TIME TO HEAR, BUT ALSO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FACT IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I FIND IT TACTLESS AND SHAMELESS AND WAY OUT OF LINE.

That is it man,

Can't it be I am right on this one?
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

and labels should start making good covers and cd booklets and concept products and better advertising and thinking of joining up with other labels and sell their stuff online too

olivier
Side-A

[quote]
On 2005-02-20 15:37, Spindrift wrote:

People who think that the labels have a responsibility to adapt and try to see the positive sides of the changes in technology is the one's that had to endure personal attacks.

[quote]

lol
that's so funny ... excuse me but what i see here is that people always think it's someone else's fault, people like to reject the responsibility of the consequences of their acts on someone else without even trying to look at themselves and thinking if what they do is really right before judging someone else ' actions...
downloading ???? yeahhh that's because of the labels ( not me downloading 100 tracks a week), downloading good !!! labels baaaaad
it's all labels fault , guys are u blind ????? labels are killing this scene don't u see???? people investing their money, time , love for music into that shit?... that cannot work ! ..........

and the funniest part of the story... it's the people that fuck u up that gives u tips to stay in the race ...

ps: i don't care about donwloading, people do what they want with their own conscience , not my problem, just dont' come here start this shitty thread and tell the people that already DO something what they have to do better if they don't want to die because of your own acts !
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 16:00
Yuli in Greece we have a funny saying that goes like this 'No matter how much you bath the black guy,in the end you are just wasting your soap since he will never become white'

In other words no matter how hard you try to convince these people that they are thiefs,in the end you will just waste your time and energy with them since they are not willing or not being able to understand you.

Seems that most of the labels and artists already know that thats why very few of them write in this post,they know that they cant change anything so they decide to remain silent rather being called idiots,stupids and more names like that...           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
andrejcid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 16:02
ur not the fool spindrift u do your book keeping well organised planned and up to date with the latest market developments, 'they' are fools so put em all in jail!!!! let them suffer and rotten with a neverending feeling of guilt for what they've said and all the attacks they've done...

especially OTT....he'd do fine with glass chrome and a chillum but never give him tea unless u wanna unlish his real superpowers(can split u in atoms)...smthing like popay and his canned spinach

good luck...           Why u little !!!
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 16:02
Its not any specific person or group´s fault (neither downloaders not labels)... Pretty obvious

There are thousands of factors involved..

but each person may do a bit to try to contribute (for listeners, going to parties, getting other people to like trance, or buying cds too... for labels, the suggestions already made... for artists, well, making good and non-formula music... etc etc)
Pointy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 16:04

Quote:

On 2005-02-20 14:57, Tashira wrote:
Dear Pointy, I am neither "blinded" by any sentimental BS but rather touched and interested by the way this person can speak out what he thinks, which to me at least is a pretty good point..

I agree, that the word "blinded" was a bit harsh and I would have edited to "impressed", if you people hadn't responded so quickly.

Anyways for me the contents of somebodies post is more important than the way he can speak out what he thinks.

What was the "pretty good point" of Ott's post in your opinion then?
          "*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe..·´¨` .¸¸.·´¨`»
Spindrift
Spindrift

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 16:04
And Yuli, you don't need to quote the whole thread again.

I only picked the posts that I thought was directly personal attacks.
EYB did add one to the list while I was posting, and it was crap of him to start resorting to the same tactics as HandA and OTT, but he already endured a lot in the discussion, so I can sympathise a bit with him.

Pointys post does not contain any personal attacks, and if I would sum up all the generally negative statements made it would be a few pages.           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
15 16 17 18 19 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance