Author

50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(

Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 02:19
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 02:09, Pointy wrote:
Here it shows again, how different people are.
Where some are praising Ott's post, it almost makes me puke.

I read it three times now and what he is saying is basically:
-That most people in the trance scene have no conscience and want everything for free.
-That the artists are the lucky ones, because they are doing what they like and that they are usually "misfits" that couldn't do any other job.
-That the label people are idealists with pure spirit and that without them there would be no scene.

Put on some sentimental dressing and you get girls that get tears in their eyes.

Sorry, I gotta go to the toilet now.......

Well Pointy I actually got completely different summ up of what OTT said:

Many artists work hard enough in the studio to create music for ppl to listen enjoy and dance. Those that do it 8 -12 hours a day, and do it well, deserve enough money to pay the rent, eat three meals a day and maybe have a car ( since they need to have transport to get to gigs )

Many trancers are more interested to spend 15$ on Ecstacy or some other pill that holds for maximum 6 hours time, then to buy a CD of their favourite artist.

Not new, but damn sad.           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 02:20
And by the way when I first time realized it few years ago, I was really sad about it.

Today I just don't really care           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 02:34
Quote:

Here it shows again, how different people are.
Where some are praising Ott's post, it almost makes me puke.

-That most people in the trance scene have no conscience and want everything for free.
-That the artists are the lucky ones, because they are doing what they like and that they are usually "misfits" that couldn't do any other job.
-That the label people are idealists with pure spirit and that without them there would be no scene.

Put on some sentimental dressing and you get girls that get tears in their eyes.

Pointy

Signature
UpLifTeR

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 13:04
Ok guys i read most of the pages(just figured that the others left will be the same argue)and i have some questions...

For example I come from a small country called Bulgaria,where people often are left with no food for dinner..I like mostly Goa & Uplifting trance.In Uplifting i like Cyan VERY much but by the time their releases arrived here in my country although it is next to Greece (i can explain this by not having any trance labes that produce music and the artists who make it have no support at all).There isn't a single store in my town that i can buy an original cd from the group i like i tryed to go on the web page ,but guess what..**Out Of Stock** (becouse the cd i want to listen and own personaly,is released the year 2000 but back then i was too little to know that there is a way on the internet although i am not sure if there were back then(for the particular label)..But i still want theese cd's more then every new cd realsed in any style becouse this is worh for me...

Can You tell me any other way besides mp3 that i can at least hear theese tracks?

Can You tell me how am I suposed to buy the new releases when they are not offered in my country/town in any store and i don't have the opïortunity to own my own credit card(my parants don't have credit carts either)?

P.S.I still want theese tracks on original cd,but i guess there is no hope at all of getting them.So what choise did i have left?
P.S.S.Please excuse my bad English!
Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 13:21

Well I have to agree here with both Ott and Yuli, and yes it is damn sad !

We all love to shout love peace unity respect spirituality in the scene and how we are one and also some say how better we are then other scenes, and all

the bullocks that comes with it !

But if one gets realistic we all know that amongst us there is also hypocrisy selfishness and greediness! Big Time !

I come from a small Island were the scene is as when stretched no more than a 100 people, I have organised so many underground parties my self ,

since the mid 90's purely for the love of the music and to see us all joined together as a small tribe, yes we were a small & happy family tribe, we were

even less then a 100 back then and we had parties almost every weekend.

Yes that was GOOD back then ....

But then more people came a long and brought along with them their Ego Trips, selfishness and greed ......

Of course everyone loves to party take their drugs and smoke a hell of a lot of chillums and talk about it the next day !
But when it comes to chip in a couple of quid to pay for the expenses sound system generator etc then some people found this so hard it was like getting

blood out of a stone!!

Needless to say some of the old tribe as we shall call them, started to realise what’s happening and started to miss out on such events

One time during this party we were handed false paper money of 10 pounds (that’s like 24-25 Euros) and we gave back the change over that tenner!!! so

not only did these people not chip in but they also made their money out of their selfishness and greediness which payed also for their drugs!!! how

many times some of these people all fuck off in the morning and leaving me alone along with my girlfriend pulling up speakers, generator and all the

rubbish left behind from a 2 storey deep beautiful cave, and then still I did not learn my lesson. and pushed forward for more parties to happen, with

the help of my girl friend and a close friend of mine which also both of them were djing with me.

oh there so many things to say !

Last but not least it was the ego trips that started to fuck me off blindly…. music wise from the same people that they preach love respect unity and all

the bullocks that comes with it, of course this boiled down to taste of music, were I was started to be called a punk (which I am) and the music I make

and play was not good enough to play in parties and it's not psychedelic strictly cause i have a different perspective on what I respect as what’s

psychedelic music.

These same people don't respect & support their favourite artists from faraway shores never mind their friends artists locally simply cause there is a

lot of respect (for one’s taste) love ? and unity ? yes sure !

Well as long as there is Love Peace & respect there will also be hypocrisy selfishness and greediness and this bring us back to the fact that there will be

people who love & respect by supporting the artists for their hard work in this little scene of ours,
and others share their greediness and selfishness on soulseek !!!

Drugs for nothing and music for FREE !

Well thats the way it is and always will be and there is not much point on crying over spilled milk.

Ott^
OTT

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 13:43
Quote:

I appreciate that English probably isn't your first language, but even so you'd have to be trying hard to get it that wrong.

I seem to have a natural talent for upsetting weird angry German teenagers...

Quote:

Would you like me to help you wipe or will you be ok on your own?

Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:06
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 13:43, Ott^ wrote:

Would you like me to help you wipe or will you be ok on your own?

Yo man it might be once in a life time opportunity to get a serious day job!!

OTT the Ass Wiper!!!

Hope he will pay u tho ( maybe u should ask for advance )

ROFL           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Pointy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:33
Dear Ott, I am 33 years old and I speak english very well. You can keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

I understood your post the way I did because I am not blinded by your sentimental talk about free parties, bad people, hard working artists and idealistic label managers.
Also I haven't forgotten what you have been writing in your earlier posts.

Imo the post of yours is a speach of defense.

You have been whinning and complaining about people downloading and on the other hand stated, that you are doing well enough, to be able to live of producing the music you like. Then you got compared to Metallica, to what you responded with a comment, that you don't have a Porsche infront of your garage. Next you come up with your long lamenting about free parties and the bad people, that want everything for free. Then you attack the person who pointed out your rather capitalistic attitude towards the trance scene and finally close the circle by comeing back to Metallica and that they are rich and it is OK to download their music.

There are many artists signed up in this forum and I find it quite interesting that there are actually very few of them complaining about downloading (especially considering how many MP3 discussions are going on in here).
You Ott, as somebody who is making a living out of producing the music he likes, are one of the exceptions.

"*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe..·´¨` .¸¸.·´¨`»
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:37
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 14:33, Pointy wrote:
I understood your post the way I did because I am not blinded by your sentimental talk about free parties, bad people, hard working artists and idealistic label managers.

Your just plain blind when it come to respecting other people's opinion and work... Keep up the good spirit!
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:38
Quote:

There are many artists signed up in this forum and I find it quite interesting that there are actually very few of them complaining about downloading (especially considering how many MP3 discussions are going on in here).

I've had quite a few of them writing to me in private.. The reason why they dont speak out is because they dont like to be attacked and being called idiots, greedy ect ect.

There's way more artists here that actually agree with us "the few" !!!!
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:54
Quote:

Hey Pointy,

I couldn't care less about downloading myself. I am aware of the technological change, I wish I could stop it, but I can't. I do my shit and that where it ends.

What I can't stand is ppl bragging about it. If u downloading 50 - 100 tracks a week why to make a thread in Isratrance about how all of these tracks are shit and no good music anymore?

Seriously now Pointy and the rest: Don't u think it's a LITTLE DISTURBING?

I mean - just do your thing... d/l 1000 tracks per week I couldn't care less.. but coming with a topic like this, what is it?           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Pointy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:54
Quote:

On 2005-02-20 14:37, HandA wrote:
Your just plain blind when it come to respecting other people's opinion and work... Keep up the good spirit!

I have neither been disrespectful to Ott's opinion, nor his work.
He is free to think the way he wants to think and to produce the music he likes.
I didn't even mention his work, because that is imo a different subject.
But I don't necessarly agree with somebody just because he is a talented producer.

Quote:
I've had quite a few of them writing to me in private.. The reason why they dont speak out is because they dont like to be attacked and being called idiots, greedy ect ect.

There's way more artists here that actually agree with us "the few" !!!!

There is a german saying, that probably also exists in english and says something like "the same hangs out with the same".

I also know a few artists and none of them is whining. They do their music out of love, are happy that other people enjoy it and earn their money outside of the trance scene.
          "*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe..·´¨` .¸¸.·´¨`»
Tashira

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 14:57
" I understood your post the way I did because I am not blinded by your sentimental talk about free parties, bad people, hard working artists and idealistic label managers. "

Dear Pointy, I am neither "blinded" by any sentimental BS but rather touched and interested by the way this person can speak out what he thinks, which to me at least is a pretty good point.. and I can totaly understand his disapointment with the scene that seems to really disrespect the artists work from time to time.. but this is also just my view, sorry is anyone feels atacked or disturbed by sharing it..
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:15
Haha i agree with Pointy 100%.

Ott complaining about people who download his music but for him it is ok to download music from other persons. If someone is disrespectful then he.
Ott and also Kemical describe themself as the good ones in the scene and the 'crowd', the people who are not artists or 'real' artists and not are people working for labels are the bad people who just are in the scene to take. Take what they can get and of course drugs all the day. They all buy drugs for hundrets of euros but never pay a bug for parties. Strange view!

You are complaining about disrespectfulness if someone has another opinion and answer with real disrespctfull and dumb replies like ott and yuli do.            Signature
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Feb 20, 2005 15:25
@ EYB

I dont do drugs at all - nada. I dont smoke for 6 years and dont do psy drugs for 3 or more.

Why do u talk this shitty?

I dont have EMULE I dont have KAZAA and to tell u the truth, I dont have time to go to party too much...( because I work... busy doing tracks to make ppl enjoy / dance ) All the year of 2004 i went to 1!!!! party and paid, because my friends that made it, hardly made it and didn't loose money in the end.

Ppl like u EYB just make me clear how much I wish to move my main occupation to alternative medicine - and then my only hope I wont have patients that think the way u think, because then I will have to treat them for free.
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 50 - 100 Tracks a week! :(
← Prev Page
15 16 17 18 19 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance