Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 200 bpm can cause nightmares?
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

200 bpm can cause nightmares?

Misinterpret

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 18, 2007 21:47
Appreciating music is all personal taste, and for pure listening pleasure I definitely enjoy some of the ultra-high-bpm music that is coming out.

When it comes to my observations of dance floor behaviour -- it does appear that much above 150ish causes people to stand around and wiggle instead of moving around dancing. People do seem to manage (much like gabber and happy hard core parties of old) to dance for about 30 seconds until coming to a stop, but after that they are spent.

That's all good, except personally I really was drawn into trance because of the "trance dance" experience to borrow somebody else's verbiage... To dance non-stop for hours on end held up by the music -- which seems to require a bpm with a tempo that doesn't expect you to destroy your joints in short bursts.

The short burst outcome of the high-bpm music tends to break the trance state pretty quickly, and sprinkling it in a set between "long-haul" tempo songs just causes things to come to a halt and leads (me at least) to a general state of frustration and if the song isn't exciting enough conceptually to make up for the lack of dance-ability -- boredom.

On a related note, it has been instructive to watch producers dance (or not). Very few do, and often the ones that love the high bpm sounds typically prefer the standing in one spot and wiggle form of dancing. This has only been my personal direct observations, but it is interesting.
Spasm

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 18, 2007 21:49
no offense Kriz ,

and i concur that there are no rules, but i can't call that psytrance honestly.
I heard the last songs, specially the one before the last, and what can i say, i dont think is has any quality at all. It's not hipnotic, nor dancable, no production skills, no smart moves, no quality sounds innit, its just fast bpm track, i just don't understand what to enjoy in a track like that besides 180 bpm.
But sure that's me, and once again no offense
JamesBong
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 02:24
Quote:

On 2007-10-18 21:49, Spasm wrote:
It's not hipnotic, nor dancable, no production skills, no smart moves, no quality sounds innit, its just fast bpm track, i just don't understand what to enjoy in a track like that besides 180 bpm.

exactly....
for me, not "psychedelic" at all, just high speed noise and completly forgets the DANCE factor (unless you are under the influence of VARIOUS substances)...
My favourite "night" tracks go around 148....Above 155, i certainly move to the chill area or take a walk..           https://www.facebook.com/SoundBitsProd
kriz
Horrordelic Records

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 03:39
I think these high ppm tracks can be used, a perfect party for me is
when is when it starts lighter then goes darker and then more insane..
Maybe a couple of hours in the night it gets mental/insane/twisted...

Then sun and more "down to earth" music will get played...            3o~ kriz aka krize 3o~ ....Horrordelic Records.... http://www.horrordelic.com
----------------------------
- Think for yourself -
http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/member/profile/lkkkaKhOQP
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 08:55
why cant the bpm haters just leave the topic alone?? ...no one forces you to go to parties with a lineup consisting of artists who play high bpm music ....if your at a festival where you cant help it, go for a walk, smoke a spliff, or maybe just run to the chillout area...but please stop this bitching ...its as old and not as cool as the skazi-infected bashing

iam a chillout dj and i mostly listen to only genres like idm, glitch, dub, progressive etc. I'am sure there is nothing wrong with me or my taste in music. But, I love this whole bpm explosion and yes i can dance to these sounds and i always see 99% of the people who come to these event having a blast. And yes most of them are not teenage kids but even psy veterans

there are people out there who enjoy this music so please leave us alone with our crappy and low quality dark music ....

stop trying to analyze and dissect people taste in music. YOU ARE NO ONE TO JUDGE OR TALK ABOUT MY (OR ANYONE FOR THE MATTER) TASTE IN MUSIC.          New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 09:22
Quote:

On 2007-10-18 19:12, kriz wrote:
check this cd maybe :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/bmr/bmr1cd001.html

especially the last songs

And how you dance to it ? Let the music get you crazy, move between the sound etc etc.

the speed isn't the problem with the last few tracks on that album, it's more the fact that they suck balls. i think a lot of artists use the speed of their tracks as an excuse for it to be really shit and sound crap, hence why so much fast dark psy is shithouse. however there's some good fast stuff, ie furious's new album, and same with cosmo, ie this track:

http://play.saikosounds.com/m3u/09b/cb.m3u

fast, i think 160bpm, but still phat, funky and danceable, as opposed to the stuff on that VA.
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 11:28
Quote:

On 2007-10-18 21:47, Infinitesimal wrote:
Appreciating music is all personal taste, and for pure listening pleasure I definitely enjoy some of the ultra-high-bpm music that is coming out.

When it comes to my observations of dance floor behaviour -- it does appear that much above 150ish causes people to stand around and wiggle instead of moving around dancing. People do seem to manage (much like gabber and happy hard core parties of old) to dance for about 30 seconds until coming to a stop, but after that they are spent.

That's all good, except personally I really was drawn into trance because of the "trance dance" experience to borrow somebody else's verbiage... To dance non-stop for hours on end held up by the music -- which seems to require a bpm with a tempo that doesn't expect you to destroy your joints in short bursts.

The short burst outcome of the high-bpm music tends to break the trance state pretty quickly, and sprinkling it in a set between "long-haul" tempo songs just causes things to come to a halt and leads (me at least) to a general state of frustration and if the song isn't exciting enough conceptually to make up for the lack of dance-ability -- boredom.

On a related note, it has been instructive to watch producers dance (or not). Very few do, and often the ones that love the high bpm sounds typically prefer the standing in one spot and wiggle form of dancing. This has only been my personal direct observations, but it is interesting.

great observations g

Been noticing the same trends and the effects had on the dynamics of the psychedelic dancefloor. People seem to start scattering beyond a certian frequency. It's like the 140s keep the dancefloor moving as single being. The 150s bring out individuality in dance without a focal point on the floor (allows those lazy signature moves though) and the 160s and above just start throwing people haywire moving outwards and then back inwards with the higher BPMs...vibrating molecules so fast that they create peace in chaos.
Spasm

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 13:27
Quote:
why cant the bpm haters just leave the topic alone??

Did you read kirz's answer? Try and learn something from him, and stop being such a fascist.
He doesn't give a flying f.. to my opinion beacause he knows exactly what he likes, and that's the way you should react, respecting everyones opinion.
I couldn't care less if old verterans with 80 years old would jump with the music on that CD.
To me personally, it has no quality....

Can you handle this????
psy-rat

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 14:00
De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.            ".. You claim that this thing .. did not affect the larger part of your brain!! Then, how come everyone else describe you as an Extra fu.. terrestrial !!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaannnng..."

http://www.myspace.com/jvelbet
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 15:13
Quote:

On 2007-10-17 08:10, gazella wrote:
dark-psy is to cause nightmares...that is the purpouse

i´m sorry my friend but i don´t agree with you..dark-psy is suposed to be psychedelic like all psytrance should be...nightmares?humm..i believe it is a misconception, dark is psychedelic..the thing is that the sounds most artists use are night orientated, and can give you the creeps, but it isn´t supposed to give nightmares...but give a "hell"of a trip
dark psy should be psychedelic and not a nightmare!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 15:18
Quote:

On 2007-10-19 02:24, JamesBong wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-18 21:49, Spasm wrote:
It's not hipnotic, nor dancable, no production skills, no smart moves, no quality sounds innit, its just fast bpm track, i just don't understand what to enjoy in a track like that besides 180 bpm.

exactly....
for me, not "psychedelic" at all, just high speed noise and completly forgets the DANCE factor (unless you are under the influence of VARIOUS substances)...
My favourite "night" tracks go around 148....Above 155, i certainly move to the chill area or take a walk..

what for us what are boundaries for others are just what they like
psytrance doesn´t seem to have limits, and makin a standart for bpm´s is limiting us..and makin us limited, is makin us equal to other genres of music.
psytrance comes down to tastes and respecting other peoples choises and tastes - that is what makes us uniques!           ...
Misinterpret

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 19:19
@BlueOrb/general defensive posters!

I realize it feels like the dark tribe is under assault from all the "haters" who are expressing their personal taste -- which is typically vigorous dis-taste for the music you love...

But isn't there room in the larger trance culture to discuss trends in an adult fashion ? (haha, this is Isratrance.. I know, I know.. the reply button needs to have a futility disclaimer attached...)

I'm a dark trance lover and newbie producer in that genre -- I'm primarily interested in talking about the general *effects on the dancefloor* of tempo in trance... so talented artists can use that knowledge to make a better journey for people that are into it...to satisfy my curiousity... to share experiences... etc.

People can be moved by anything, and yes I have seen people dance to it as well...but shouting people down telling them to not go to parties and shut up doesn't make for interesting discussions!

Also, who was trying to make a standard ? If you are aiming for a certain effect, isn't it possible that there are some scenarios that very effectively achieve it ? I'm interested in talking about it, not dictating it!

spellbound

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 21:24
I guess Im just repeating what you guys already said but a bpm ranging from 140 to 148 allows me to enter a very hipnotical pattern of rhytmicity and going over 150 can sometimes burst my psycho pattern......hehehe exceptions do occur though
BooM
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 22:19
For myself, if it's the sort of trance that i enjoy usually below the low 130bpm's is for groovin. From the low 130's to the high 130bpm's is for groovin at a nice brisk pace with some stompin(which i really enjoy). Low 140's to high 140bpms for some good old fashioned dirt kicking and stompin. Above 150's for mindbending twisted, spasm style dancing. If done with good production and creativity they are all good to dance to, it just depends what you are into.

And I would have to agree with sensient's comment, below the 150's i would say it is easier to find your rhythm and going over 150 is more of a spasm style. Not that Spasm dancing is bad, just not rhythmic.

"On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Oct 19, 2007 23:11
@spasm
the post wasn't directed towards u ....so don't feel offended or anything

i did not read each and every post in this topic ...sorry don't have that much time

the thing that bothers me is that such topic usually have 25% proper answers and the rest is mostly "ahh dark psy is crappy!"

u talk about respecting peoples opinions while you go label something they like and a whole genre as "NO QUALITY" ...maybe there are more polite and subtle ways of saying things ....

signing off this topic
-blueOrb!
          New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 200 bpm can cause nightmares?
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance