Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 200 bpm can cause nightmares?
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

200 bpm can cause nightmares?

CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Oct 20, 2007 02:44
no
CRX,HSS
          Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 20, 2007 08:33
Nice post from Infinitesimal

I also think at 155 or more and going on with going up with bpm, less people dance.... maybe more people trips on, but less dance.... and for me trance is ----> dance

Sometimes in dark partys going very fast it reminds me to the fast metal concerts, a bunch of metal heads, moving the heads up and down...

I don't mean is bad.....

I just mean that I prefer see 1000 people dancing and jumping as crazy feeling an incredible vibez between everybody, then 1000 freaks moving their heads up and down on a 170 bpm track...

Matter of taste.
Spasm

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 20, 2007 16:49
@ blueorb

When you say
Quote:
why cant the bpm haters just leave the topic alone??

I'm offended because I’m a free person, and I’m free enough to give my opinion in this forum, whether you like my opinion or not.
The same goes to your opinion that i must respect. Simple.

About the quality, you agreed with me

Quote:
leave us alone with our crappy and low quality dark music ....

fair enough, i don’t care, but i have strong opinions about music quality.
Production skills, creativity, quality of the elements, general organization of the track, construction and de-construction, eventual melodies, deepness.

I'm with Magox and I don’t really listen to music above 130 bpm, and its not about the bpm at all, its just a fact, that's all.
I personally can’t see any of these elements on most of the tracks from darkpsy I’ve hear lately, no much i must admit, and i can be wrong.
But .. and this will be a little hard and a little absurd maybe, so don't take offence .. please.
Most acts and projects I’ve come across, just put up a scary name like hippies inferno, or Devil’s horns, give their track names the same treatment push their tracks up to 180 bpm, with some saw 3 samples of a chick screaming and there you have it... darpsy "evil" project.
Sorry about this, no offence to you personally, but sometimes you have to take things to the absurd to get them clearer, just like in mathematics.

I'm a big EDM fan and I’ve listening for ages, it has a history of technicians, producers, developers that have being doing it for more then 30 years.
Trance in the nineties and beginning of the century, used to have a certain quality and innovation that could step at the same level as other EDM genres, like house or techno, it almost was trendy.
I don’t see that no more, especially with darkpsy .
IMO it has no respect by the “industry”, and I couldn’t care less if many people like it, this is a fact to me.
Lots of people like skazi and brtiney spears and i dont.
I mean, evolution basically mean things should change for the best, to me darkpsy music is a regression in every way, and the only EDM genre i see developing is techno, and some underground house.

200 bpm? suuuure what the heck, why not 300 bpm?

sorry if I’m to harsh.
Dennis the menace
DevilsDennis Sparris McHilton

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Oct 20, 2007 17:31
imho fast music is great for building up a peak in a set, a few trax are ok, but to much is to much
Misinterpret

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 20, 2007 17:58
EDM ! Wooo Hoo!

Personally, my favs of EDM are abstract Japanese artists like ryoji ikeda... now that is something of a creative challenge to dance to! YouTube videos of japanese EDM festivals prove it can be done in style.

I've always been a bit mystified about exactly what technically people seem to feel is missing from most darkpsy. Not personal taste wrapped in technical arguments -- like a lack of melody means the song isn't "deep"... But more specific things -- like the FM-heavy leads typically are poorly eq'ed/programmed and thusly muddy up the track.

We can even pick reference songs and discuss -- I vote for anything off the Psykovsky album... How about Terminator ?

Put into those terms I suspect you might find things not much worse off than typical full-on... but then again I don't follow it in detail and hearing Artifact play recently made it clear he is, among other things, very technically accomplished.

Maybe one dimension of the technical critique could be that there are many new artists who aren't that experienced and a huge explosion of labels that publish them... What you may end up hearing is some rough edges, but I think its a mistaken assumption that darkpsy artists reject trying to have technicaly proficiency.

To my ears, Terminator, Psykovsky and others have achieved the same levels of technical production as other non darkpsy artists with similar numbers of years behind them in other genres. Would you agree Spasm ? If not, specifically why not ?

~:MuZiK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 21, 2007 03:13
Well, i was a big fan of truly dark, psychedelic music which tempo was not higher than 150bpm's. Faster than this was TOO fast for some reasons for me. Later when i heard for example Furious - Uncanny Beats and others like this one - i simply loved it. Furious album is a great example that even 170bpm's can be VERY psychedelic if is done by "talented hand".
New type of electronically dripping of liquid fullpower Psychedelic Trance!
In other way there is a music like speedcore or some breakcore which tempo is much much higher and this kind of music never will be speaking to me.
I started thinking how truly dark/fullpower/psychedelic music will be when slowed down to some 120-130bpm's...
That can be really interesting. That can expand some nightmares! Slowed down terrifying layers, multiple layers of ambiences, twisted fat leads and powerful rhythmics, everything striking with very big precision, blasting your mind!
          Medulla Oblongata & Xibalba Festival Crew
~:MuZiK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 21, 2007 13:12
Quote:

On 2007-10-20 17:58, Infinitesimal wrote:
EDM ! Wooo Hoo!

Personally, my favs of EDM are abstract Japanese artists like ryoji ikeda... now that is something of a creative challenge to dance to! YouTube videos of japanese EDM festivals prove it can be done in style.

I've always been a bit mystified about exactly what technically people seem to feel is missing from most darkpsy. Not personal taste wrapped in technical arguments -- like a lack of melody means the song isn't "deep"... But more specific things -- like the FM-heavy leads typically are poorly eq'ed/programmed and thusly muddy up the track.

We can even pick reference songs and discuss -- I vote for anything off the Psykovsky album... How about Terminator ?

Put into those terms I suspect you might find things not much worse off than typical full-on... but then again I don't follow it in detail and hearing Artifact play recently made it clear he is, among other things, very technically accomplished.

Maybe one dimension of the technical critique could be that there are many new artists who aren't that experienced and a huge explosion of labels that publish them... What you may end up hearing is some rough edges, but I think its a mistaken assumption that darkpsy artists reject trying to have technicaly proficiency.

To my ears, Terminator, Psykovsky and others have achieved the same levels of technical production as other non darkpsy artists with similar numbers of years behind them in other genres. Would you agree Spasm ? If not, specifically why not ?

Rejecting to your post Infi, i agree with you, that from the 2004-2005 "boom" for dark psy, many many new "artists" came, with really low level of experience. And everyone thinks he is good to be released. And thats the bad side of dark psy music. Too many ego'ed "artists".
People like Psykovsky or KDD or Terminator or some other pioneers of todays dark/fullpower, worked for their names LONG before these newcomers started to listen psytrance.
Some people should learn some respect, and work more before they start to releasing their stuff.
          Medulla Oblongata & Xibalba Festival Crew
Astral699
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Oct 21, 2007 19:09
Quote:

On 2007-10-16 21:14, psy-rat wrote:
Any Dark-psy-ian can laugh to this but truth is I find it oddly: suppose you can tune to 200 bpm mentally or by tripping. How can you dance it? No moralists. Down here we all float ahhhh..Hmmm..

200bpm darkpsy slowly turns into psycore i think...It's indeed hard stuff. But dancing to it isn't a problem. After all, there are way faster styles.
I'm having great time on the dancefloor jum,ping to terrorcore which is often over 1000bpm!

psy-rat

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 21, 2007 20:35
Quote:

On 2007-10-21 19:09, Astral699 wrote:
200bpm darkpsy slowly turns into psycore i think...It's indeed hard stuff. But dancing to it isn't a problem. After all, there are way faster styles.
I'm having great time on the dancefloor jum,ping to terrorcore which is often over 1000bpm!

Pfff... Mama don't like Papa tales..
           ".. You claim that this thing .. did not affect the larger part of your brain!! Then, how come everyone else describe you as an Extra fu.. terrestrial !!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaannnng..."

http://www.myspace.com/jvelbet
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 22, 2007 01:31
Ha!

Try one b.pm. ambient dronal. Fucks you up. Them subs so low, you gonna be sick.
Misinterpret

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 22, 2007 18:21
Drone-trance. hehe -- MMMmmm Subs!!
bricktop

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 22, 2007 21:55
200 bpm can lead to total madness...           one toke over the line sweet jesus :>
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Oct 22, 2007 22:08
Quote:

On 2007-10-20 16:49, Spasm wrote:
@ blueorb

When you say
Quote:
why cant the bpm haters just leave the topic alone??

I'm offended because I’m a free person, and I’m free enough to give my opinion in this forum, whether you like my opinion or not.
The same goes to your opinion that i must respect. Simple.

About the quality, you agreed with me

Quote:
leave us alone with our crappy and low quality dark music ....

fair enough, i don’t care, but i have strong opinions about music quality.
Production skills, creativity, quality of the elements, general organization of the track, construction and de-construction, eventual melodies, deepness.

I'm with Magox and I don’t really listen to music above 130 bpm, and its not about the bpm at all, its just a fact, that's all.
I personally can’t see any of these elements on most of the tracks from darkpsy I’ve hear lately, no much i must admit, and i can be wrong.
But .. and this will be a little hard and a little absurd maybe, so don't take offence .. please.
Most acts and projects I’ve come across, just put up a scary name like hippies inferno, or Devil’s horns, give their track names the same treatment push their tracks up to 180 bpm, with some saw 3 samples of a chick screaming and there you have it... darpsy "evil" project.
Sorry about this, no offence to you personally, but sometimes you have to take things to the absurd to get them clearer, just like in mathematics.

I'm a big EDM fan and I’ve listening for ages, it has a history of technicians, producers, developers that have being doing it for more then 30 years.
Trance in the nineties and beginning of the century, used to have a certain quality and innovation that could step at the same level as other EDM genres, like house or techno, it almost was trendy.
I don’t see that no more, especially with darkpsy .
IMO it has no respect by the “industry”, and I couldn’t care less if many people like it, this is a fact to me.
Lots of people like skazi and brtiney spears and i dont.
I mean, evolution basically mean things should change for the best, to me darkpsy music is a regression in every way, and the only EDM genre i see developing is techno, and some underground house.

200 bpm? suuuure what the heck, why not 300 bpm?

sorry if I’m to harsh.

I m not a big fan of high bpm dark-psy but to judge music like you are doing....do you at least like trance music? Maybe its not trendy enough for you? I bet you miss those days when it was the freshest thing...maybe its my wrong impression but the social status of the music is important to you, no? What will be the next cool thing?
Can you please tell me what do you mean by quality of production?
I still fail to see the inovation of House or the superior production of Minimal (and its superior use of creativity).
You are in title to like and dislike whatever but please dont use a poor scapegoat like your s. The lack of creativity in trance can only be your lack of info...leave the surface and you will find or just leave it alone...

We should all find ways to make Dark more trendy in the future:)

https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
Spasm

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 22, 2007 22:47
@Infinitesimal

Well you got me listening to psykovsky, i'll give you that.
Honestly, i didn't like it, didn't fing it so great as i thought i would.
The music itself has no groove, its not dancable to me, some of the parts are tottaly random imo, and dont have a structure, its just a flow of fast elements.
It's better in terms of quality i must admit from most of the generic stuff i've come across, specially that album back there, the breaks, the whole structure, i dont find it special or very diferent besides the fact that its fast.

@Ellon

ok so you picked an adjective i wrote and turned it into a whole post, bravo.
I never said trance was trendy, i said it almost was, in terms of respect from other kinds of EDM, if you fail to undertand that i'm sorry.
BUT dont put words in my mouth in a tottal defensive way like what i think about music and social status.
That is lack of respect and childish, you dont know me, and you dont know what i like or what i feel, so dont start assuming things in your head, because normaly they they are the mother of all F%#k ups.

Do i like trance? Yes.

Quote:
Can you please tell me what do you mean by quality of production?

I already did ... twice

good day to you
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Oct 23, 2007 03:39
Sometimes high bpms are fun to flip out to, but I think the 138-149 range is perfect for inducing an altered state of mind..anything beyond 150 bpm usually loses all of its potential to groove and just turns into an overdone mess of sound. Not to mention that it's so much more tiring to dance to..I couldn't take two hours of 170bpm..           You believe in the users?
Yeah, sure. If I don't have a user, then who wrote me?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 200 bpm can cause nightmares?
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance