IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:10
          www.beatagency.dk
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:17
          "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
MR VOMERS
Datavore

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:29
WOMWOMWOMIT i say.

History lessons are awesome. Unbiased perspectives are even better. Gemini was baaaad asssss. The reaction was great. The shaking of the tree was a blessing in disguise. The organizer knew what was going to happen, that's why he booked me. Clever

That too, in the past...but has brought some great things to my future so i guess it's cool that we are talking about it I also put together a full spectrum 2 disc compilation to help raise money for Gemini ...so my musical tastes aside, i'm all about the community....which without that you have no dance to trance..or trance to dance...so i think it may be even MORE important than the music itself. This doesn't need to turn into an I/ME/YOU type of situation. So lets not get too personal here.

You don't like fast music, it's not trance , it doesn't have the vibe you like...awesome! your point has reached me you did great!

I love it, and feel it does great for others also.

INTENTION IS EVERYTHING tempo means NOTHING.

my final .02 on this

keep it goan dudes...fast, slow, heavy, pretty, all of it. we need it!

WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:37
Quote:

On 2011-03-10 20:29, cinderVOMIT wrote:
I also put together a full spectrum 2 disc compilation to help raise money for Gemini

Oh yeah, been meaning to ask you - can you send me a copy? I paid for it already, even though we've got a track on it!           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:39
My point was not personal but that you maybe played within the wrong circuit of people since every single of them left the floor when you started to play           www.beatagency.dk
MR VOMERS
Datavore

Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:42
Quote:

On 2011-03-10 20:37, Colin OOOD wrote:
Quote:

I also put together a full spectrum 2 disc compilation to help raise money for Gemini

Oh yeah, been meaning to ask you - can you send me a copy? I paid for it already, even though we've got a track on it!

Absolutely! I mass emailed all the masters to everybody when they were completed back before the festival. There are no physical cds, only the digital copies + write up and art. I'd be happy to make you a couple cds and mail them to you, if that's better . If there is any other way you'd like to proceed, then pm me and we'll work it out! Thanks for the contributions..my faves!            WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
MR VOMERS
Datavore

Posted : Mar 10, 2011 20:45
Quote:

On 2011-03-10 20:39, Beat Agency wrote:
My point was not personal but that you maybe played within the wrong circuit of people since every single of them left the floor when you started to play

haha that very well may have been the case, dude, but i wasn't the one who booked me to play There were a good 10 people out still lol, and furthermore, I was told by a long standing gemini artist / supporter that the Friday dancefloors aren't usually that big anyway, but that still doesn't negate the fact that a lot of people left..it was good and bad i guess...but it was an amazing experience overall and i wouldn't change it if i could

Thanks again for your opinion            WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
TranceVisuals
TranceVisuals

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 21:02
Quote:

Imho, the best intention in the world is worth jack-shit if it isn't applied with the appropriate force, and means.
Technically to get into an archaic state of ecstasy, involving rythmic/pulsatory bodily movements and sustain/trance that state it has been found over millenia of human activity that certain "bpm"(s) are conducive to this.
Of course if you want to suggest that you and your five years of experiecne have far greater authority than the whole weight of human history, go for it....

But hey if it works for you, great, generally it doesn't for most people, it seems.
          www.youtube.com/trancevisuals

2,000,000+ views and counting.
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 21:04
Quote:

my final .02 on this

keep it goan dudes...fast, slow, heavy, pretty, all of it. we need it!

have u even been to goa ? that fast speedcore vibe is not goan.
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 21:17
its now called ' gone ' .
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 21:30
while I may agree with you that I don't feel the goan vibe at all from fast trance, you cannot say with any authority what someone else feels. and since when did it matter at all if someone has actually gone to goa? You're joking, right?

Slag on his music or his dealings with dance floors all you want, but at least Cinder seems like a nice person, his posts here are respectful and he obviously loves his community. There is definitely something to be said for intention...even if I heartily disagree that BPM is not important.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that those of us who are firmly rooted in and appreciative of the goa spirit of the past are very, very confused by and skeptical of the value of fast trance music. There have even been times when I have become quite angry or depressed, riled up etc when getting into discussions about it and I have this stupid urge that I must somehow 'prove' that what other people like is shit.

However, if that type of music really does trance some people out and they are getting together as a community and enjoying each other and the music then I would feel like a fucking tosser to come in and say that's not right, that's not trance, you people are all cracked out meth heads that don't know what true trance is.

I'm leaning more towards people just being different. If there's dark psy at a party that I don't like, I just walk away. Hopefully in an hour or two it'll be different. If it's an all dark or mostly dark party, I don't go because I know it's not going to be fun for me, and I'll only potentially drag people down by bitching about it. Sure I would prefer to dance all night to music that I love, but I can't have everything that I want, now can I?

At least I'm lucky enough to be in the US where the scene, while plenty dark at times, is not ruined by commercial huge parties. It's still pretty special here.           If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 10, 2011 21:55
I'll probably be heading to Huston this summer to finish vocal recording of the female singer I am working with on my downbeat project (she has an incredible vocal). So I hope to head out to SF etc. to experience some of the scene in USA and maybe even play a gig or two. One thing I like about the US scene (of what I have been told) is the community feeling we here in Europe seem to have lost.           www.beatagency.dk
Jacynth
Inactive User

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 22:38
Quote:

WOMWOMWOMIT i say.

baba, so you are ready to composte chillout. Please keepem coming then.
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 22:43
Quote:

On 2011-03-10 21:30, willsanquil wrote:

......., but at least Cinder seems like a nice person, his posts here are respectful and he obviously loves his community. There is definitely something to be said for intention...

It's still pretty special here.

I agree!!
          We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 10, 2011 22:53
Cool. Be sure to be in touch when you come to SF and LA, if you go there.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 180 bpm+
← Prev Page
8 9 10 11 12 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance