Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Yahel - Around the World (Phonokol, March 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Yahel - Around the World (Phonokol, March 2005)

CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Apr 8, 2005 01:12
at new years eve he played in new york with mauro picotto in a jenna jameson party(lucky soab) and u r talking about his underground status mates?helllooooooo...
yahel2005=superstar DJ
anyway the samples looks nice!yahel style!looking forward to a presentation in greece(ooodysseuusssss..... )           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 8, 2005 14:57
Alright, listened to it some more (a friend advised me to) and I must say there are a few tracks here that stand out. That said, it still isn't really worth the money in my eyes, and, just like Setherian said, Yahel should make REAL commercial trance instead of trying to produce this hybrid like form of flash dance psy. And Yahel, if you're reading any of this: work on your FLOW man. How you can keep fucking up good climaxes is beyond me. You must hate psytrance, as really really good psytrance has climaxes...
And the pity is... You used to be so good at them. (For the People/Waves of Sound era)          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Apr 8, 2005 19:25
People always knock Yahel for being clubby and cheesy but a lot like his music (including me) and that's why it sells - so good luck to him! Yeah, some of the vocal stuff he does sucks big monkey balls (like IM's recent stuff) and his head seems to move further up his arse every year lol - but there are some good tracks on this album if you're into this kinda thing. 'Kamasutra' reminds me a lot of 'For the people' and 'Waves of Sound' and that's considered his best stuff - so its not that bad.
Neville Bone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 9, 2005 10:10
luckily enough the last festival I've been to The skies opened widely and rain was pouring down as soon as Yahel started to play and carried on until he stopped playing!
so I could use the excuse to go and sleep for a couple of hours.
Was this a coincidence?
That's clubby commercial in my opinion!
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 02:23
Yahel did one big mistake on this one,he tried to combine psychedelic trance with european tiesto trance plus to keep the original Yahel touch in the whole package.The result was not bad for sure not good also,rather average i can say.

My favorite track is for sure Liquid Love and Around The World and Kamasutra follow in second and third place respectively.Tracks like Siam and World Of Dreams could have been a lot better.

I think its about time Yahel moves away from psychedelic trance and focuses on more trancy and commercial music with the likes of Armin Van Buren,Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto,i think he has the knowledge,skills and potential to make it big in this scene.

Tracks like Kamasutra and Liquid Love show clearly where his influences come from,i mean Kamasutra is like listening to the second part of Tiesto's In Search Of The Sunrise which i much enjoyed some years ago.

All in all an average album with great potential though.

P.S Yahel please stop using cheesy vocals like Kamasutra or Master Of Disaster or whatever,they destroy your music work and make the tracks even funny,focus on the music production and hire a singer like most of the trance producers do,you can do it also i guess           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 02:53
i think "World of Dreams" is pure old yahel style..
i dont see any clubby,euro tiesto trance..

the most "psy"trance track in the album           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Apr 29, 2005 03:05
Almost all my words Detox, respect... but I want to add that you don't need to take Master of Disaster so serious - it is parody on IM's track I'm The Supervisor, didn't you see? Funny imitation... and I'm think it is very good           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
seratonin

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 28, 2005 23:37
A bit late with this, just recently grabbed the album, but still... With all respect I have for Yahel, this album surprised me in a bad way. The very first track shocked me with its odd high-pitched sound wailing during the entire track. I can barely call that trance. I think this album is a step to nowhere from his style everyone loved so much. Even though you can still feel it when listening to this album, its far from it.

With Armin van Buuren, tiesto and the like being mentioned above, I must admit I enjoy their music and compilations (progressive trance I suppose) just like I enjoy most of psytrance, but Around the world album is not somewhere in-between these styles but somewhere I cant even define. I hope we will hear Old Yahel in his next album.

However I really enjoyed Liquid love track. Gives more hope ))
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Yahel - Around the World (Phonokol, March 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance