Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Yahel - Around the World (Phonokol, March 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Yahel - Around the World (Phonokol, March 2005)

KuKulKan

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 13:31
Artist: Yahel
Title: Around the World
Label: Phonokol
Format: CD
Style: Trance
Released: March 2005
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/pho1cd331_b.jpg

As all we know Yahel doesn’t needs presentation with this his fifth album in his career is considered one of most talented trance artist from Israel.
This album Around the World was build during last year between big raves what Yahel participated all over the world.
Around the World is the fith album of Yahel and it could be the best.

My review:

01 - Around the World
Its a good track to start the cd, to the middle of the track have a stable rythm with nice sounds owns of Yahel, from here track begins to pumping and pumping the groove in many forms to dance and dance...

02 – Cosmos
The track begins with smooth sounds in an atmosphere of a certain tranquillity by moments, then a bassline begins suddenly that finishes with that, by half of the track until the end are many changes in beat very oriented to the dancefloor, its a nice track.

03 - Kamasutra
Smooths grooves creating a nice trance moment atmosphere, a pair of smooth sounds of them appears to separate and this indicated the guideline to initiate the bassline very groovie, nice synthies, by the half is a break in bassline and then single there is a series of smooth sounds, then a male simple about the title of the track, a track with a stable rythm.

04 – Automatic
Fat sounds that little by little are left by other more thin ones create the principle of this track , then a sample saying Automatic automatic… and the bassline begins that seconds later becomes more aggressive, more groovie, more accelerated, then ahead more samples, the same pumping bassline and groovie, im liking this track hehe, very groovie since the begin to the end. Nice nice track.

05 – Siam
A short smooth atmosphere create the begin of this track then a pumping bassline, in this track we find many surprises with the rythm, nice synths, a good track to the middle of this work of Yahel.

06 – Master of Disaster
Some stranges sounds with a sample saying Tic Tac Tic Tac Tic Tac that appears that is in your mind, nice track with very nice rythm, very oriented to dancefloor to dance & dance... Tic tAc

07 – Liquid Love
Good track, very emocional, nice samples, nice synths. You must to feel the sounds and turn to Liquid Love.

08 – Speed
A nice track with good basslines, to the middle of the track you can feel a very lovely atmosphere since here the bassline pump many times to get it the trance rythm of Yahel. One of favs.

09– World of Dreams
Yahel knows to save the best to the last, definitively this is one of my favorites, very pumping bassline, the people will love this track on the dance floor. Until to finish the track the rythm goes more addictive, i sure you will enjoy this track.

Favourites:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (!!)

::: Dance when you're broken up, Dance when you're perfectly free, Dance in your Blood :::
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 13:48
And there we have it. To me this is a severe disappointment. Yahel is a strange artist in my opinion. He started out relatively good with For The People. Then his best work ever came out: Waves of Sound. After that milestone came the disappointing release: Private Collection, which had a few good tracks but was nothing special at all. Then came Hallucinate, which, although it was a bit better than Private Collection, just plain sucked in some tracks. And now we have his latest work. It starts off extremely well. You're there in the old Yahel atmosphere. But after the good start it's all downhill from there. One of Yahel's main problems in my opinion is that he obviously lost his skill of maintaining a good flow in his tracks. Sometimes you'd be listening and thinking: yeah, this is sounding good. And then suddenly a break comes and just when you think: this is going to be a good climax we're left plodding along going nowhere. It just sucks as I think Yahel could produce miracles if he just got his shit together again like he did on Waves of Sound. And the vocals, man, don't get me started on that. 'Maaassster of Disaaasster' Well... yeah. It's as good a way as any to sum up this album. A disaster. But, like most disasters, it has some good sides hidden beneath all the shit. The first track and the last track. What's in between is either plain bad or just extremely mediocre. Looking for some good Yahel tracks and you're new to his style? Get waves of sound. I'd advise people to skip this. And you know, maybe this album isn't even that bad compared to some other releases out there nowadays, but Yahel can do so much more than this IMO. Damn shame.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Silent Scream
Silent Scream

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 15:41
Liquid love is the best track i heard in a long time.           www.myspace.com/silentscreamuzic]
www.myspace.com/tacticrec[/b]
Spectron

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 15:45
first track remind me the good days of yahel but not for long still his sound uniqe alot of love alot of emotions here i hope next album will be to your old fans like me...

respect
Amir
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 18:05
This is good music but it is not psytrance. rolling bassline in some of the tracks don't make it psy. it's music for clubs.
DennisTenaglia

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 18:16
I don't like this style, how can you call it?
general midi trance? yes, could be. never been in a club with this music (fortunately), maybe I'm not young enough?
anyway the sound production seems to be good.
A friend of mine told me that he this kind of stuff sell more then most psytrance productions, is it true?
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 19:32
Wow! Must be very interesting release. I liked almost all of Yahel and for sure will get my hands on this disc asap.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 19:54
Strange, the samples sounded quite good...           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Xtc's

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 20, 2005 19:11
For sure, amazing album, i cant expect something else from Yahel. If u are a Hardcore darktrance fan, i dont think that this will be ur style, but this cd is unique and all about yahel style. For me is very fresh and clubby, and has very emotional melodies in it. I love it from begining to end. Peace !!
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Mar 20, 2005 21:17
You should know what to expect. He's not psy but he beats Tiesto and his friends in their own game.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 00:05
This one wins "Cheeziest Album Cover Of The Decade" hands down! lol ... and the only competition are Yahels older albums.

At fourth place we have...

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd021.html

Edging in at third is ...

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pho/pho1cd197.html

A very unforgettable close second...

http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?pho1cd287_b.jpg:CDs/pho/pho1cd287.html:;

AND OUR WINNER IS...

http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?pho1cd331_b.jpg:CDs/pho/pho1cd331.html:;

its blooming ridiculous!
kakha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 05:42
Quote:

On 2005-03-21 00:05, va¤n wrote:
This one wins "Cheeziest Album Cover Of The Decade" hands down! lol ... and the only competition are Yahels older albums.

At fourth place we have...

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd021.html

Edging in at third is ...

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pho/pho1cd197.html

A very unforgettable close second...

http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?pho1cd287_b.jpg:CDs/pho/pho1cd287.html:;

AND OUR WINNER IS...

http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?pho1cd331_b.jpg:CDs/pho/pho1cd331.html:;

its blooming ridiculous!

so im not the only one who noticed,that all cd covers are full of yahel1!! he never heared bout art designer?
bout music , havent heared, but as it looks it sounds like tiesto as you say? not for me.

keep on raving
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 06:32
va¤n and kakha - your comments about cover design are maybe interesting to yahel's left testicle for about 5 min and not more.... you are not his target audience at all. not that he needs any protection from me - i dont listen to his music since "for the people" i think..... or maybe the last thing i heard was "electropanik" but regardless... he is shooting for the more dj is a star attitude in his marketing- doing the same covers as tiesto- van dyk, oakenfold... just think about that.
you might be laughing at him here - but he is laughing all the way to the bank...

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 06:40
Quote:

On 2005-03-21 06:32, Surrender wrote:
va¤n and kakha - your comments about cover design are maybe interesting to yahel's left testicle for about 5 min and not more.... you are not his target audience at all. not that he needs any protection from me - i dont listen to his music since "for the people" i think..... or maybe the last thing i heard was "electropanik" but regardless... he is shooting for the more dj is a star attitude in his marketing- doing the same covers as tiesto- van dyk, oakenfold... just think about that.
you might be laughing at him here - but he is laughing all the way to the bank...

Exactly!           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 07:44
And still Surrender, it's disgusting.
Shows you once again that ppl don't want to think, they want their music served on a golden plate, Simple music, with a superstar dj on its cover.
So the guy may be making money, but he has sold his soul. Shame.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Yahel - Around the World (Phonokol, March 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance