Author

X-Dream Live 1997 in Paris

Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 16:43
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 16:40, PoM wrote:
in fact i think both have some pro and cons and using the best of both words is still a better option that using just one.but after it s just my taste..

Exactly and that's what I have been going at all the time in this debate. This is the first time I see you recognize that there's no winner between hardware/software (unless i missed a post of you?). Now we just need Filteria to recognize it too           www.beatagency.dk
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 16:47
We have to put things in perspective.

1. Saying that the sound of Sheyba who has been around long enough to compare his sound a decade ago, with the sound he has today, has to do with the fact that he simply uses a lot of software today, has more to do with the fact that he has picked up on many new things in that decade, and has improved as a producer, or simply does not want to make the same stuff he made 10 years ago.

2. Speaking for my self, the way my tunes used to sound when 90% of the sounds were recorded from my analog modular synths, and the inspiration from using analog synths, as well as the workflow from using analog synths with no memory, analog compressors and EQ channel strips with no recall settings,

drove me to make very different music back then. Also having endless hours of fun patching cables in this

most certainly drove me to sound design that is very different from programming the ES2, for example.
The amount of control and fine tuning I have over my mixes with automating every little detail in every single parameter (that is just two clicks away), has made my music sound very different.
So in that aspect, I do agree with PoM.
BUT! If I may add, I am 100% that my tunes sound a lot better since I made the switch from analog hardware, to 100% software (even if they don't go to the no1 spot on Mixmag and DJMag breaks charts )

Peace.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 16:57
quote]
On 2010-10-26 16:43, Beat Agency wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 16:40, PoM wrote:
in fact i think both have some pro and cons and using the best of both words is still a better option that using just one.but after it s just my taste..

Exactly and that's what I have been going at all the time in this debate. This is the first time I see you recognize that there's no winner between hardware/software (unless i missed a post of you?). Now we just need Filteria to recognize it too

[/quote]
yes you re right , there is no winner they both are great for different things for me but it s endless debate, it make not much point, we would be toghter we would both agree when it sound good it sound good i guess whatever the tools used.
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 26, 2010 17:17
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 16:47, disco hooligans wrote:
We have to put things in perspective.

1. Saying that the sound of Sheyba who has been around long enough to compare his sound a decade ago, with the sound he has today, has to do with the fact that he simply uses a lot of software today, has more to do with the fact that he has picked up on many new things in that decade, and has improved as a producer, or simply does not want to make the same stuff he made 10 years ago.

2. Speaking for my self, the way my tunes used to sound when 90% of the sounds were recorded from my analog modular synths, and the inspiration from using analog synths, as well as the workflow from using analog synths with no memory, analog compressors and EQ channel strips with no recall settings,

drove me to make very different music back then. Also having endless hours of fun patching cables in this

most certainly drove me to sound design that is very different from programming the ES2, for example.
The amount of control and fine tuning I have over my mixes with automating every little detail in every single parameter (that is just two clicks away), has made my music sound very different.
So in that aspect, I do agree with PoM.
BUT! If I may add, I am 100% that my tunes sound a lot better since I made the switch from analog hardware, to 100% software (even if they don't go to the no1 spot on Mixmag and DJMag breaks charts )

Peace.

yes totally agree with what you said but for me and i guess many we were very limited with eq bands by chanels and compression flavours and all the mixing aspect.it s something to take into consideration.software made it better for the mixing workflow that can result in a gain of quality other a limited hardware set up.
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Oct 26, 2010 17:31
So back on topic...
software or hardware...the drugs where really good back then...

Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 20:08
Proper Doves and punch from crystal.
Soon after that I moved to Bristol.
Listening to Juno's Pistol
ero           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Filteria
Filteria

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 20:49
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 16:36, Beat Agency wrote:

And my sound changed each time I changed studio. Not many of my releases had the same sound as i visited various studios around the world in those days.

I rest my case.......

Now try some software studios around the world and see how much your sound will change...

And I do use some plugs such as the neveplugins from UAD among a few other stuff from the same manuafactor..

Oh btw: X-Dream and this video still rock
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 20:57
Loved the video, thanks!

Hardware... or lets say:

It's two different worlds, like cds vs. vinyl (mac vs. pc? come on!) -watch the Moog documentary to get into the idea.

I really agree with PoM in his first conclusion about putting any artist into a full analogue studio would create completely different results.

I agree that there is no "better" but i'd pick hardware over software in most cases... Like name a VSTi that sounds better than a MiniMoog Voyager ? (you don't need to)

I think that what we hear today is among other things the result of different gear. Obviously!

The drugs were good as well.

Sonic quality... think about it           www.parvati-records.com
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 26, 2010 21:05
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 20:49, Filteria wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 16:36, Beat Agency wrote:

And my sound changed each time I changed studio. Not many of my releases had the same sound as i visited various studios around the world in those days.

I rest my case.......

Now try some software studios around the world and see how much your sound will change...

And I do use some plugs such as the neveplugins from UAD among a few other stuff from the same manuafactor..

Oh btw: X-Dream and this video still rock

You take things out of context so don't rest your case. Instead I suggest you open your mind just a tiny bit           www.beatagency.dk
Filteria
Filteria

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 26, 2010 21:12
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 21:05, Beat Agency wrote:
You take things out of context

I didn't.

Quote:

On 2010-10-26 21:05, Beat Agency wrote:
so don't rest your case.

I do.

And once again: try some software studios around the world and see how much your sound will change from your currect one..

Anyway, enough is enough with this discussion.

Peace.
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 26, 2010 22:52
I've used more than plenty hardware and software studios in my long music career, from small to huge million dollars studios, to know what i speak about. I am not the one that claim hardware is superior to software or visa versa. You are So I rest my case and once again suggest you open your mind           www.beatagency.dk
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 27, 2010 00:51
Beat Agency you music carreer is so long that you are probably deaf . just a joke man no offence
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 27, 2010 13:01
Quote:

On 2010-10-27 00:51, PoM wrote:
Beat Agency you music carreer is so long that you are probably deaf . just a joke man no offence

@ PoM

No ofence taken

@ Filteria

You still speak nonsense. Yes you did take things out of context. read my debate with PoM again.

I have an example. I did a remix of Bjork with jean Borelli as Andersen & Borelli. We used his Software studio and the sound is VERY different from my sofware studio. Why? Because:

1. He use a different Soundcard than I do.
2. He use different monitors than I do
3. His studio is way better isolated than mine causing the sound to be more clean and tight as it is stopped from bouncing on the walls
4. We programmed every sound ourselves - I do that too most of the time but he used different vst's than I do.

Conclusion: A notable different sound.

So dont claim every software studio sound the same and produce the same sound. It's absolutely nonsense and just show you got no clue whatsoever.

Furthermore as another example The old Moog's has been made into vsti's and even the hardware experts say they are a true copy of the real deal. Also when it comes to dynamics, sound and filters. Yes it is possible no matter what the hardware purists claim           www.beatagency.dk
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Oct 27, 2010 14:51
What were we talking about, errr? Oh yeah, X-Dream anyone?

More specifically, any news from them? A new album perhaps (with no vocals, please?!)
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Oct 27, 2010 15:26
Quote:

On 2010-10-27 14:51, goa-ganges wrote:
More specifically, any news from them? A new album perhaps (with no vocals, please?!)

That would be the best thing since, Kox Box's The Great Unknown...from the looks of things I don't see it happening. Thank God we have the old stuff that still sounds as fresh as it did back then, and is still, light years ahead of anything anyone is doing, today.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - X-Dream Live 1997 in Paris
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance