Author

X-Dream Live 1997 in Paris

Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Oct 27, 2010 17:42

On 2010-10-27 15:26, disco hooligans wrote:
Quote:

Thank God we have the old stuff that still sounds as fresh as it did back then, and is still, light years ahead of anything anyone is doing, today.

light years ahead of anything anyone is doing, today neehhh..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Oct 27, 2010 17:59
Quote:

On 2010-10-27 17:42, Wizack Twizack wrote:

On 2010-10-27 15:26, disco hooligans wrote:
Quote:

Thank God we have the old stuff that still sounds as fresh as it did back then, and is still, light years ahead of anything anyone is doing, today.

light years ahead of anything anyone is doing, today neehhh..

imo always
Walls of glitch and stutter, odd breaks and crescendo kick/snare drum roll breakdowns, cheesy leads adn plain annoying overuse of FM, have never made up for lack of the deep, genius, hypnotic-monster drive X-Dream possesed...they had a way of arranging tunes where you'd get lost in the music and then it took just a few notes of them classic ripping X-Dream leads, that sent me to the outer rings of saturn and back in a flash, they simply destroyed the dancefloor with bombs of acidic megatons...I don't expect people on here to share my views.
The minimal arrangements where absolutely storming and it is in there where I find their brilliance that is light years ahead of the cluttered noisy arrangements that people do today to "impress" (I'm "guilty" of this as well)

Peace out.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Oct 27, 2010 18:45
^ I share your views fully. Nothing today compares to what they did.
Any naysayers can bring it on. I'd like to hear any challengers.

goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Oct 27, 2010 19:05
same here... while i adore many of the early acts and their sound, what xdream did was different in the manner of keeping their sound minimalistic, but yet bombastic - i think dh described it perfectly - the amazing drive of their tracks, and then the ripping leads... i think that "our own happiness" is the perfect example for that - play me that track anytime in anyplace - the moment the main lead jumps on the drive... fucking explosive!!!
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Oct 27, 2010 19:09
for sure theere sound was massive on big soundsytem, i also love some of the delta track

PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 27, 2010 20:07
i wonder what is their view on the software/ hardware discussion we had earlier in this thread,they already posted in the producer section of this forum so i guess they read it sometimes ,i would be curious they share their thought with us .
XwhiteRabbitX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 28, 2010 00:42
was and still is my favorite group.. always innovative, always powerful and always psychedelic...

love this guys till death, for all the good, the bad and the confused moments..

cheers for the vid m8
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Oct 28, 2010 10:03
Thnks.....Great Energy in the video.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Oct 29, 2010 03:43
anyone notice in the video the power goes out when they building the energy up at 9:35, booom, access denied ehehe, real nice video, awesome energy
jem.b
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Nov 3, 2010 19:36
thanks for the comments :)

psychedelik music !
https://www.facebook.com/squazoidmusic
https://soundcloud.com/squazoid
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Nov 5, 2010 12:27
Quote:

On 2010-10-27 20:07, PoM wrote:
i wonder what is their view on the software/ hardware discussion we had earlier in this thread,they already posted in the producer section of this forum so i guess they read it sometimes ,i would be curious they share their thought with us .

+1           www.parvati-records.com
Xamanist
Xamanist

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Nov 5, 2010 13:27
amazing project indeed, distinct, psychedelic, minimal and still very very fresh!

I'm specially a Children of Paradise fan, genious music from genious heads/ souls (listening to "Z's Y" right now )           Sérgio Xamanist
facebook.com/xamanist
soundcloud.com/xamanist
draeke
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Nov 5, 2010 16:13
Thanks for the video!!
anestetik

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Nov 5, 2010 20:23
Quote:

On 2010-11-05 12:27, Zoolog wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-27 20:07, PoM wrote:

+1

link please from where they post in the producer section!?
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 5, 2010 23:57
it s old man but they posted already if remember correclty one post was about how some analog synths can sound phat (he was talking about the atc bass if i remember but i have bad memories man i m not even sure i m right haha could be someone else...)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - X-Dream Live 1997 in Paris
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance