First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A bit let down

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : May 5, 2003 09:27
I just heard 1200 Mics - The Sixth Revelation from "Crystal Skulls 2" on tv.... well not exactly that, but it was that tribal chant in the beginning of it, that one thats messed up by amplified echo and is in my opinion the highlight of the track when it comes at the storming point at the later 2/3's of it... i thought i was the genius of Raja Ram, but it turns out "Papa John's Pizza" is trying to market its new crust baked cheezy bread with the same sample... although it is now clear that it came from wherever papa john's took it from and not the ibiza or dorset labs of 1200 mics... that sucks, i thought they came up with that themselves, i have here another post on how shpongle was on "survivor" and the sample for a whole samba/salsa riff was taken from another place and not fabricated in them....
makes me this what they do and what they dont now....

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12654&forum=1
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : May 5, 2003 10:14
berserx, sorry to break this for ya but lots of the "artists" out there are lazy bastards

try to find the pearls

A
Namhaj

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 5, 2003 10:23
what you thought they took the time and effort to travel to some distant mystical village in goa to actually sample the chanting of a sacred rite...

had me fooled too           http://www.nervine-records.com
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : May 5, 2003 10:38
I can point out some tracks that shared the same samples:
Pixel/Sub6 - Teder Beseder from the beginning to the start of the rhythm section you can hear in the same background same sample that was previously used in: Shulman: Take a Walk (sample appears at 4:30 to 5:00). And also on Logic Bomb: Unlimited (2:39)
Same sample in 3 different tracks. And i won't even talk about GMS and their genetic clones that share same NordLead presets and same Bass Line and same Kick Drums.

Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Tiny Giant
TriOptimum

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 5, 2003 11:38
Hi there,

most Artist use Akai sample cdīs... and they donīt change the sound with effects...

actīs like GMS or X-Dream....

thatīs why often are noices or loops in 2 or 3 tracks...

but i think the artist didnīt know the other tracks in which are the same samples they use...

i donīt use samples that i have heard in other tracks...

but that is only my way to work...

....stay tuned...BOOM
clox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 5, 2003 11:56
and if u remember that wellknow 303 sound , so u will see that before few years some of the Electric Universe tracks were so simmilar with other artists tracks. shhhhhhhh...           ... no way out in the blue ... follow the guy upstairs !
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : May 5, 2003 17:48
well guys i wasnt really talking about that, i know "mutation is the key to our blah blah.." is used in like 3 tracks from brain bubbles to panick to spacecat but i was more talking about the fact that i thought they went tribal and researched and stuff.....           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : May 5, 2003 19:45
what's the difference between that and taking a speaking sample from a movie or a drug documentry?           REHAB is for quitters
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : May 5, 2003 19:49
the diffrence is that both in "my feels like a frizbee" and in this track its a musical sample... not just a cool line from a movie.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : May 6, 2003 02:17
ok... so what's the difference between that, and taking samples from the internet or from your sampler or an from akai cd?

i don't give a fuck as long as it sounds good.
          REHAB is for quitters
Pak-Man
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : May 6, 2003 03:06
I think Beserx point is that the artists should be creating the music not cutting and pasting it
nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : May 6, 2003 10:19
yes but unfortunately too many artist copy an paste most of the sounds, including precussions, and sometimes basslines and kicks from other tracks.

and of course there are the hard working artists who invest in every sound.
not enough artists though...
bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : May 6, 2003 11:02
Try D-Tek & Dr. Panic - Restricted Area.... ive heard it at 2-3 parties and then when i saw the movie Final Fantasy it seems like they only put the Bass into it...but i still like the song....           ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
Rik
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  107
Posted : May 12, 2003 18:30
So really, you're against the use of sample-cd's, and the usage of samples found on television and movies ? this doesn't make music making any easier imho

i'm not in favour of recycling sounds untill everybody knows them by hart, but you're making it hard on musicians if you expect them to sample every sound they use from a real life situation (although the results could be very interesting)           www.psytracks.com :: Brand new website for sharing your psytracks with the world. Get a free 250Mb Artist profile, Blog and events calender!
www.psygarden.be :: Upload your psychedelic art and partypictures to our gallery!
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : May 12, 2003 20:11
rik, i wasnt trying to take it to the extreme and say that they shouldnt use sample cd's. let me be more clear then: i think its fine and good to sample from sample cd's and movies and such, i was more refereing to actual whole melodies/riffs rather then a cool sound or a sentence from a movie or something like that... unless youre GMS and you make a track like Star Wars where obviously you would have to go along the melody of the movie... i just didnt like it when 1200 mics samples some spanish melody (as i've now hear the original) and used the whole thing.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Trance - A bit let down

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance