Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ..so few women in the L.A trance scene..
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

..so few women in the L.A trance scene..

*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 00:35
yep, it happens everywhere-more in clubs then outdoor events... (the opps, I fell and landed on your tits)*shakes head in disgust*..your best bet is to hang out with close friends. And if anything gets out of control or you feel very uneasy, find someone in charge...           http://www.vaporvent.com
http://www.myspace.com/christinewebb
green nun
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 00:46
I mean when it happens at the actual event shroom. Someone will address the situation.           Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 00:52
I do completely understand how frustrating that must be for you Shroom, but in actuality, there is no groper registry that I am aware of....

We do discourage it, completeley, as that goes against our scene and common decency for that matter.....I would suggest if it happens, let someone know and the promoter can approach that person. We (Spyros in particualr) have had to do it before. He is very diligent about making sure everyone at his event is comfortable. I just think he got offended because of your comments about our whole scene in LA based on an experience or two......If they don't know about it, they can't fix it.

Again, sorry for your experience and I hope you give us another chance.
          assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 01:08
I think you are right, david - disrespectful behavior towards women can happen ANYWHERE
I think having alcohol at parties makes the situation worse and kills the psytrance vibe. Alcohol is totally the worst drug, and it is responsible for so much violence and stupid behavior.
IcycoiL

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 02:19
Hallo!

I'm Merry, a female psytrance DJ & (working to be) Producer living in Las Vegas. I'm originally from New York and moved here at the end of January of this year. Of course its my eventual goal to move to Cali (Las Vegas being one step closer than New York!) but I have been fortunate enough to get to a few SoCal parties such as the Greensector (Cosmosis) and Unified Visions (Sirius Isness). No NoCal parties as of yet but I'm working on it! The parties I have attended in CA so far have been excellent, and I haven't really noticed a male to female ratio problem, but maybe I also haven't really been paying close enough attention! Just want to tell all the people who make the parties happen in Cali to keep up the amazing work. Hopefully I can have the pleasure of meeting some of you at the Greensector party on July 2!
Hels

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 05:33
Quote:

On 2005-06-17 01:08, Pisces1979 wrote:
I think you are right, david - disrespectful behavior towards women can happen ANYWHERE
I think having alcohol at parties makes the situation worse and kills the psytrance vibe. Alcohol is totally the worst drug, and it is responsible for so much violence and stupid behavior.

I hardly think alcohol is "responsible" for anything...more like stupidity or lack of respect. Alcohol just makes it more obvious

Ratio seems okay to me...I don't pay attention to it too much at psyparties; like others, it's not my goal in going.

Anyway, I just came in here looking for single chics from LA bahaha...

See you folks (especially the lady folk) 8/2
kin beat
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 05:52
Quote:

On 2005-06-17 01:08, Pisces1979 wrote:
Alcohol is totally the worst drug, and it is responsible for so much violence and stupid behavior.

I agree with your words but also know that not everybody reacts like that still in most of the cases it does.
Now i have never seen anything wrong happend at the ranch somehow i believe that if anyone of us would've seen anything like you describe it happenned to you Shroom* we would've done something no matter what. i think is kinda common sense if you see a girl being molested by a drunk ass who's trying to touch her or something i mean you try to help her right? the whole point of having psy parties/gatherings in outdoors venues its to share and enjoy the magic of them not to actually hook up and get laid.
although i wouldn't mind to meet cute ladies and have conversations with them.           www.instagram.com/ckloro
www.twitter.com/ckloro
Shroom_Goddess

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 19:54
Thank you Uncle BOB and Green Nun and all those who were really trying to pay attention to what I'm saying. But I still can't help feel that most of the reactions were unsympathetic.
Whatever!!! I did not expect anything to come out of this discussion for me, but just wanted to put it out for the sake of other women, who may be too shy or too high to go around looking for organizers when her sole purpose of being at the party is to dance and play with a few mythical or mystical creatures--I believe that the psytrance culture is different from other cultures since I hope that most people have had at least one psychedelic experience. But just as you cannot hold consumption of alcohol for one's bestial behavior I guess eating a psychedelic cannot bring out celestial behavior in animals. The poisons do their thing but the onus of responsibility of our action is on us. No easy way out guys!
Peace
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 17, 2005 20:40
I agree with you 100% when it comes to taking personal responsibility and again am sorry you had to deal with that......It would be a total burn out and I can't really claim to say I understand you 100% either. I am not a woman and have never had to go through that......

Again, sorry, and hope you give us another shot at blowing your mind, not your time.           assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 22:37
I agree that personal behavior is the responsibility of the individual, but I don't think it is a good idea to encourage the consumption of alcohol...
...for example, if you were to hold a psytrance party where you had alcohol available, the party organizers could be held criminally and civilly liable in the USA if something went wrong, like if someone drank themselves into a coma, or drove drunk, or did something violent. Especially if someone at the party was under 21. There are plenty of cases in the US where someone held a party, someone underage had alcohol and did something stupid, and next thing you know the organizers are facing felony charges and a bunch of lawsuits.
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 23:44
What happened to ppl who behaved like adults and had some common sense? It sounds like ppl have no self control. Some harrass women, others drink out of control... What kind of ritual is this? What kind of tribe are we? And we search for enlightment? No wonder ppl are loosing faith in our community, the music, the ritual... Maybe I just had the wrong idea about trance being a ritual to achieve a meditative state through the use of psychedelics. I thought our community was a global village with no political maps practicing self control and respect for the others. I thought ppl were in search of a higher plane of existence.

I don't know maybe I was all confused.

BOM!
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 18, 2005 00:11
Off the nut, I am with you on that one.

I would say some losing faith in, others losing touch of, and some who never grasped the concept.
          assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
green nun
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 18, 2005 00:35
Off- this isn't a reflection of the scene as a whole. yea some people don't have common sense, some guys are jerks and some people just want to use psychedelics for no reason at all.. that's a reflection of the human population not of the decline of a scene. you won't last long in this scene if your an a..hole, trying to feel up girls and have a drug problem..you will eventually end up in a hollywood club with the rest of them and feel more at home there then you ever will at a psytrance party.           Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...
Maska
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 18, 2005 01:08
I see what Off is referring to. That doesn't necessarily have to mean he is talking about the whole scene.....Just speaking about people losing focus of the meaning and the real reason why we do what we do......Generalizing never accurately reflects any sitaution......          assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
psy_eugene
Inactive User

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 19, 2005 20:27
Hi, I feel that I must respond to this, and I'll make it clear from the beginning that I am going to attack Shroom_Goddess.

To make my point I'll tell about the psytrance scene in Israel. This is based solely on online forums (when I lived in Israel I wasn't a psytrance fan yet), so take it with a grain of salt.

I'll begin with the description of "Arsim". "Ars" (pl "Arsim") is an alternative form of human life, usually found in nature in large groups. Their idea of fun includes seeking violent incidents with same minded, and bug women from this parallel universe, which means mostly "Frechot" (the females of "Arsim", the reason that they are able to reproduce), and women like Shroom_Goddess who like to being bugged and then tell the whole world how much they hate men, how stupid men are etc. It somehow happened that the Arsim embraced psytrance as their official music. (just a small note: I grew up surrounded mainly by Arsim, and survived pretty well. Actually I don't sure...).

In Israel, every psytrance party which is not truly underground (i.e. promoted with word of the mouth), is packed with loads of Arsim. The real trancers got used to it, and enjoy these parties, realizing that the Arsim are from a parallel universe, and just ignore them. This makes you boring in the eyes of the Arsim, who will try to find someone else to have fun with. Some trancers would even say that no psytrance party is really complete without a substantial presence of Arsim which diversifies the experience...

So my point is, you can see that most of the people in this thread don't see what Shroom_Goddess sees. It's not that they are going to different parties, it's just that they are in a different world.

Shroom_Goddess: sorry that I'm attacking you. I just feeled that you could use a good attack. Now you can either think about this, or just enjoy my attack on you, and go tell your friends about another jerk you found on the internet.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ..so few women in the L.A trance scene..
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance