First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

***artists going to burning man???***

psunspot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : May 14, 2004 18:43
hey, i've heard lots of rumors or seen hints in posts, but can anyone tell me which psytrance artists are gonna show up to burning man this year?

i got my ticket already so i'll be trancin regarless but it'd be cool to know

peace           gotta have the wiggy AND the wonky
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : May 14, 2004 18:54
i know about GMS           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
shantigirl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 14, 2004 20:43
Really? So are they having a real trance stage this year?
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 14, 2004 21:30
Quote:

On 2004-05-14 20:43, shantigirl wrote:
Really? So are they having a real trance stage this year?

I doubt "They" are going to do anything. If "You" want to have a trance stage, it's up to "you" to put it together.

alienfreaksho:)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 14, 2004 22:58
bite your tounges all of you!~

go ahead make a trance stage just leave all forms of merkaba out of it!!!!

bOOOM~
          freaks unite!!!!
shantigirl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 14, 2004 23:09
Well said, DiMiTry, well said. Actually, I've never been to Burning Man, partially, because as far as I heard trance is not really big there. And there is always some festival with a killer line-up happening at the same weekend somewhere else in the world...

SO. I am thinking of going to Burning Man this year and would love to do what I can to hear trance there. I can't really "put together" a stage by myself since I've never been and have no idea what takes (logistically). If you know anybody who is doing it, or considers doing it, I would love to establish the connection. Thanks!

BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 14, 2004 23:12
http://www.spunrecords.org/calender.html

Says that Bansai and Riktam of GMS fame will be there. If you haven't seen these 2 guys spin or live...their brain-fucking track collection and DJ skills par excellence...will leave you in a psychedelic dizzy tizzy of spun out trails ..and a big smile...

keeping mah fingers crossed.....for some true playa wreckage...
psunspot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : May 14, 2004 23:28
@gadi -thanks, i knew you knew about GMS, but i just wanted to start another cool thread (go n. america <wink>)

@ brettfromtibet: saw GMS at fusion fest with syncro in 99 (?) great party and i cant wait for my playa time this year stomping to riktam and bansi . they tore fusionup!!

@shantigirl- no one is expecting you to bring the stage-don't worry, but then again, there is no official trance stage and everyon must participate...odds are GMS and others will be playing on somebodies system (i bet they arent goin there blindly) so jsut ask around when you get ther and somebody will know eventually.

didnt i see somewhere that fungus funk and kindzaza are coming as well?

and i dont want to jinx this, but maybe i heard the name Tristan blowing in the wind???

rock on
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : May 15, 2004 00:27
has the debate over the use of sound systems on the playa been settled yet. I know quite a controversy has sprang up over the limiting of soundsystems this year in both size and number.
monica

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 15, 2004 21:17
hah! gms @ burningman??? that's fantastic. they deserve each other. bman is NOT a trance friendly place. the bman organizers HATE trance specifically. (though house and breaks are just fine with them) I don't plan to return to bman without serious changes in attitudes... if gms and their spun records style of doing things hits the playa it will be the death of the future of trance on the playa... (the spun records/gms domination in goa this past winter was so sad and so depressing! and it pretty much squashed the opportunity to have any parties of quality whatsoever)

i bet you the only reason gms plans to hit the playa is because they don't get to play boom and samothraki is dead and i say great! if gms can bust it open for trance in the future on the playa, fantastic... but i doubt it. the other thing is that gms and spun are all about the commercialization of trance. bman org does not take kindly to commericialization... so what ever gms can create on the playa in the way of trance is nothing i'm interested in and it will just confirm for the organizers of bman that trance is ugly and not deserving of their support... but hey! more power to them. the real phat trance happening at the end of august wont be on the playa, it will be in portugal at the boom! without commericialization and rock star crap, but with real community and heart connected vibration.

bom!
monica

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 15, 2004 21:21
also- i don't know about fungus funk, but i hear kindzadza is playing at the boom not bman.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 15, 2004 23:23
Quote:

On 2004-05-15 21:17, monica wrote:
hah! gms @ burningman??? that's fantastic. they deserve each other. bman is NOT a trance friendly place. the bman organizers HATE trance specifically. (though house and breaks are just fine with them)

huh? I got turned on to psytrance at Burningman years ago. in the past BM was dominated by goa/psy (remember '99 when X-Dream played all night on the main stage after the burn) and now it's more of a split with other genres, but it's still everywhere.

I don't believe that BM organizers hate trance, seeing how it's been such a big part of BM history. If you have a gripe against BMan organization, please don't spread it on to the rest of us.

cheers
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 16, 2004 05:46
just wanted to add

granted while Boom is definitely the place to be this year, I believe there is a future for psytrance at burning man. it's probably my favorite place to play - such an amazing conglomeration of freaks and always a diverse crowd. I swear one time I played to a mutant bunny, a gigantic Jesus puppet, a few fat pimps and a troupe of el-glow ballerinas, among others.

Psyclotron

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 16, 2004 19:24
I was talking with Earthling (Dj celli) when he played in L.A. and told me that not only the GMS boys will be playing at burning man's this year , Spun records it's setting up a camp with some of their artists including riktam, bansi, Dj celli and many more so yes this year's burning man will be full of psychedelism!!! see you there!!!
dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : May 16, 2004 21:54
i went to burning man last year and i have to admit that even though the trance stage wasn't set up in time etc etc the people who were dancin away through the day in the middle of the desert were awesome!! met some crazy people there!! there is alot of psytrance around. i went to many small parties which were alot of fun (contact spliffnik)... as for the BM experience YOU HAVE TO GO! its a whole different world... i went there expecting a killer psy scene but i instead i ended up having an insane time as there is SO MUCH to do there. Go to www.burningman.com and read about it.
          ToO mUcH pReSsUrE oN tHe BrAiN
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ***artists going to burning man???***

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance