Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Personal question to chill-out dj`s

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Personal question to chill-out dj`s

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Dec 20, 2003 20:04
How do you feel when somebody say`s to you that it`s not hard to play Chill-out because you don`t have to beatmix,or grade the B.P.M.(LIE!!!)and the only thing that you have to do is play 1 track after other track?????
Many "dance-floordj`s" told me this already,and this is really pissing me off.

Any comments about this blasphemy?????

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Dec 20, 2003 20:20
you shouldn't care what others think..

then again you can reply something like "yeah well atleast i get to play whatever i want, instead of playing crappy boom ts boom ts for 2 full hours.."           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Ketelf
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Dec 20, 2003 20:48
Quote:

On 2003-12-20 20:20, traveller wrote:
you shouldn't care what others think..

then again you can reply something like "yeah well atleast i get to play whatever i want, instead of playing crappy boom ts boom ts for 2 full hours.."

I`m with you 100% my friend...

Be well...

" Happyness lives not outside of us,where we generally look for her,but inside of us,where we rarely find her... "

www.en-sof.org / www.node3-records.com

http://www.myspace.com/souljackers01
Nick_A.

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 20, 2003 22:39
Let them think whatever they want....someone who knows how to mix properly knows that its as hard as any other style!
Keep it down-tempo!!!

Regards
Dumdubbydu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 21, 2003 15:11
Don`t worry about that Justin!!!
I heard you playing and many others chill-out dj`s and I know how to recognize the talent.
Just enjoy and keep going!!!
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Dec 21, 2003 18:39
Who cares... the important thing is they play chilled tracks! So you just can float away with the music...           Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
dawn21682
Depths of Despair

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 21, 2003 20:05
has anyone actually told you those things? if he did hes obviously pretty clueless...djing chill requires as much skills as any other set,and in my opinion gives you a lot more room for creativity...you can mix up dub reggae psy,chill ambient,downtempo,gypsy folk songs and whatever youd like,as long as you know your stuff...and youre not commited to the 4\4 thats for sure!
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 22, 2003 09:00
So I'm having more fun, I'm doing it in a more relaxed pace and with less emphasis on technique, and I have almost all the music in the world to choose from.
Yep, sound like more fun

But seriously, DJing chillout good- you can use as much technique as in trance, you need to know the tracks better, you need to be able to tell a much more interesting story musically (since the beats don't cover for you)- it's a challenging job- but did I already mentioned fun
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

greenpeace

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 23, 2003 16:43

Quote:

On 2003-12-22 09:00, shahar wrote:
So I'm having more fun, I'm doing it in a more relaxed pace and with less emphasis on technique, and I have almost all the music in the world to choose from.
Yep, sound like more fun

But seriously, DJing chillout good- you can use as much technique as in trance, you need to know the tracks better, you need to be able to tell a much more interesting story musically (since the beats don't cover for you)- it's a challenging job- but did I already mentioned fun

I can agree more with you.
With the chill out we can make what we want to do. We can use our imagination and "play" with those who are listen us.
          Respect the Mother Nature

Chilling Vibes by Malek
En Sof
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 00:03
One of the Zambian security guards at Solispe was asked what he thought of the festival - he liked the friendly crowd and atmosphere but asked "why do they keep playing the same record over & over again?"

I think that pretty much answers any critisms main dancefloor Djs may have of Chill out DJs (though to be fair - I've never had any!)
siebzehn
Siebzehn

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 10:39
Hello Justin

I´m a chill-out DJ myself, and though it might seem way easier to spin in the chillout area on the first look, it´s actually way harder, if you really want to do a great job. Ofcourse you could ´just´ mix one track with the other, but you have so much more space for ideas and creativity. I often use old blues and soul pieces which i mix into ambient tracks , with flange and delay play.

And, as shahar already said, you can tell a story and guide the people thru the process of calming down again. So much different styles in chillout , from lounge to ambient, from idm to dub and so on.

I tend to change styles slowly each hour or 2, and you always see ppl smiling cause the stuff that comes out of the speakers is so much more interesting and funny than the 4/4 stuff on parties nowadays.

Greetings from Germany.

SiebZehn - www.chilleben.de
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 24, 2003 15:21
Nice one
Greetings to everybody merry Xmas& a happynew year!!!

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 19:15
yeah i think chillout is harder cause you dont have the 4/4 to give you structure,,, a good chill dj can take it anywhere they want, fly you way into space or down under the ground.

its about so much more than just beatmatching...
some chillout djs i know just play tracks and fade... but the good ones make loops, play rare gems, have fun with it, make it into more of an environmental soundscape....
i like to play some nervasystem pitched to -20% sometimes... or just drones. whatever the room is feeling.
so much "chillout" is really lounge music and not all that psychedelic IMHO
but that has its place as well.

then again trance djing isnt very easy either hehehe

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Dec 26, 2003 18:36
i played few time chill out sets and its quite fun even if u dont realy have to do hard work on mixing.           Believe your soul !
CLAW
CLAW

Posted : Dec 26, 2003 21:26
Well, I have to agree with most of the guys in here... Chillout djing is like a trip... U can make anything u want, even use samples in-between.. ( I usualy do that)!!!

And its not only mixing stuff, cause anyone can beat-mix or or fade mix... Is all about the selection, and the way u presented your work... That is all about..

Anyways, Merry Xmass to everyone and a better 2004!!!

CHP
          • Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Personal question to chill-out dj`s

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance