Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibe Tribe: Wise Cracks (CD) ~UTOPIA RECORDS~ (2006)

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vibe Tribe: Wise Cracks (CD) ~UTOPIA RECORDS~ (2006)

Psyproyect
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 8, 2006 13:28
i think its very goodd!!!! energyyyy and this album its for blasted the dancefloor

i liked very much the track number one and six

Congratulations vibe tribe
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : May 8, 2006 13:35
Imho:
Well, I heard it and in was very frustrating thing. I had big expectations because the 1st album was gr8 and emotional. This one is a big disappointment for me. Full with exaggerated melodies like some bad actor in a soap opera.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 12, 2006 05:54
UTOPIA RECORDS $SHOW CART
Vibe Tribe:
Wise Cracks (CD)

1. Wise Cracks
2. Dream Catcher
3. Carousel
4. Three Quarters
5. Lfobia
6. The Brain.B.Q
7. Bad Habbits
8. Pulse
9. Memories
10. The Sperminator (Vibe Tribe rmx)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/utp/utp1cd015.html

Here we are the second album of vibe tribe,
The search didn't work, checked the first two pages so if there's already a review of this album, be so free to place this one beneath the old one, I didn't find it

well it will be a short review, like their first album there is not much to analyze with vibe tribe, as usual they have their typical baseline and their typical melodic sound and that's it, from the beginning until the end they use that sound over and over again, what creates the concept that if you like it you will be happy satisfied, but if you don't like it you will hate this album for real,
Reviewing track by track is not necessary and even impossible imo, vibe tribe is just vibe tribe,
Well I'm seeing them live tomorrow in Belgium together with highlight tribe so this album drawled my attention, why not check it out if I'm going to see them live any moment...

the first album I didn't like that much, it was very melodic, extreme melodic, but basic pure synths going up and down and based on the 'kick' of being the most melodic and euphorically and yes everybody can create that, it's not that original...

but yet this second album surprised me, I won't be hypo, vibe tribe has still there same pattern, very melodic euphorically sounds, less advancement , at the 2 min you get overloaded by fullon melodies over and over non stop, the baselines are very floating and subtitle...,

Still what is so remarkable about their second album?
I say they actually learned a lot comparing to their first album,
Vibe tribe actually learned the concept of 'playing with the sound' and keeping the listener busy...
they still use the same sound, a bit different off course but the way to use up and down is very good, they actually create the feeling they perfectly know what they are doing and every step and sound is been thought true...
The melodies are in the beginning present as always but although is very melodic you have the feeling they try to tell a story and create advancement...
It’s very motivating, the atmosphere is different, and the climaxes don't suddenly stop anymore but float kindly away and appear at the end again so they create a concept...
Using breaks with pianos and some emotional silences makes it more special then the first album what is good...
The baselines aren’t always the same, they are still typical vibe tribe but you notice they actually tried to create as many varias in the baselines as they could,
There sound speaks like telling a story which has a bit that happy fluffy leprechaun dancing style, but that's nice,
It makes you smile and is very motivating...

I just say, with using so little of sounds and baselines they created a very varieted album,
Preciously is there choice to only use not much that sounds, and keep it very euphorically and not that psychedelic,
Well ok for me, I accept there idea,
I admit, if the sun is shining, you're walking on the street and put this on your mp3 player, you will walk faster and have sudden smiles on your face,
People will look at you and think why the hell is he smiling, but we know

I'm excited to see them live tomorrow because vibe tribe is dance floor killer music and I believe they will keep me dancing the whole live act long...

The third album I really don't know what to expect, cause I predict/have the feeling they reached the top with their sound, there's imo noting more to accomplish, another direction maybe???
Or another surprise,

Who knows?
Still keep up the good work,
It’s been playing on my mp3 player all week long; the sun is shining here in Belgium at last
It all fits

I hope you will experience it as I do,
Subjective fact is, it just like released at the perfect moment in my country, and it’s the first sunshine we experience here so this album was very welcome imo...

grtz koen
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
goblinoid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 12, 2006 07:33
an outstanding harmony that brings to me...lfobia is simply...me
HanBaal

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 12, 2006 08:31
good review Side-effect, enjoy reading your stuff Hope u enjoy them live btw! I know i did, last month April 2 here in Portugal where they presented much of their new stuff from this album

Also liked this album better than the first. More diversified perhaps. First 2 tracks are a bit extra cheese imho but the first album also had its moments lol.

From Carousel and on it's an WHOLE different matter though. The style, variations and i daresay genious present in the melodies and construction in their stuff reminds me much of good old Infected Mushroom. great stuff!

Favs: 3(!!!), 4(!!), 5(!!!), 6(!!!! @3.52min WOW WOW WOW), 7(!!!), 8(from 2.08m on !!!), 9(!!!), 10(!!!!)

!!! means GREAAAT SONGS
!!!! instant alltime favs

On par with the powerful blasting SouthAfrican full-on (Brethren, TwistedSystem, PitchHikers) and the cooler and also great Hujaboy's last album, this creatively melodic piece of art has to be one of this year highlights no doubt! Great stuff!

b m

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : May 12, 2006 12:07
Imho:
Well, I heard it and in was very frustrating thing. I had big expectations because the 1st album was gr8 and emotional. This one is a big disappointment for me. Full with exaggerated melodies like some bad actor in a soap opera.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Rephlex

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 12, 2006 13:26
Great album, enjoyed it very much.. even though it remains melodic its not the same as the last album. Anyway Lfobia is a great track i enjoy it everytime! and yes i also smilie with my mp3 player in the middle of the street! .
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : May 12, 2006 14:12
I've always been a fan of Vibe Tribe, once I travelled 800km to see Stas Live Act and it was worth.

I bought their second album before listening to it, but when it arrived (a week ago) I did not liked it very much... Why? Because their 1st album was exceptional and this one does not brings as much innovation as the first one.

The production level is very good, the tracks I liked the most up to now are Dream Catcher (for home listening) and LFObia. I admit their remix to Sperminator work wonders on dance floors, the bass sounds a lot seven days from XI and Switch (though I know Vibe Tribe did the remix much before the Growling Machines rmx to Switch were made).

So I was expecting something else from this release, for me it is better to home listenning, I don't think I'll play these tracks on my Sets. But that's my personal taste, I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy this release.

Good luck Stas and Elmar, keep making music, I'm sure you are cooking some new and fresh stuff.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : May 14, 2006 19:55
I don't like (usually) to give bad reviews... But in a few words, I can't stand this would-be ravey sounds and these big and easy melodies... Guess I'm getting older....

On the positive side:

I quite liked the acoustic parts of 'dream catcher', really original for once!

Memories almost got me into an extasy, so i guess it's a good track too

Nice remix of X-Noise too!

But a big fat cheese in the middle.......
          V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
sketi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 15, 2006 03:08
Quote:

On 2006-05-14 19:55, MercuryFall wrote:

funny you should say that cos i actually found the acoustic part in that track to be the cheesiest moment in the whole album

GREAT ALBUM!!!!

excelent top notch production, great for dancefloors, really good tracks with great melodies

even though they use that same sort of synth in most of the tracks this album remains interesting with the awesome melodies and the fact that the tracks tell a story

i liked it so much i had to burn myself a copy for the car!

faveorites: All except 2 !!!!

great work vibe tribe and utopia records for another smasher

MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : May 15, 2006 11:18
Quote:

On 2006-05-15 03:08, sketi wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-14 19:55, MercuryFall wrote:

funny you should say that cos i actually found the acoustic part in that track to be the cheesiest moment in the whole album

he he, yes, funny indeed! Actually this acoustic part made me laugh, I found it really amusing! Guess we don't really have the same tastes in psytrance

Peace!           V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : May 15, 2006 16:18
Is this psychedelic trance, or psytrance? Or just (modern) trance?
Lior (AnandaShake)
Ananda Shake

Posted : May 15, 2006 19:39
killer albummmm...hehe i realy wish all the best to you my dear friends elmar & stas...you realy did a killer job...love...shake...!!!           http://www.boadistribution.com/NEWS/UTOPIA/UTPCD%2D13/
longo.sf

Posted : May 16, 2006 00:02
AWESOME JOB elmar&stas..congrats
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : May 16, 2006 13:41
i havn't heard too much of Vibe Tribe's 1st album, and it's not really my style, but i listened to the promo and it's actually pretty good, i like some of the ideas and the melodies. have to give some more listenings to this one. and since i have this fetish for triolos, Three Quarters already sounds really good.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibe Tribe: Wise Cracks (CD) ~UTOPIA RECORDS~ (2006)

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance